lewandowskielbasa

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:35 am

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:40 am

Now Zielinski's brother got busted for being a fake natty too.

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 pm

At this point our only hopes for medals are:
Malachowski - discuss
Majewski - Shot put (maybe)
Adam Kszczot - 800m
Indoor volleyball team

Out of those I'd say maybe 1 gold, 2 if we're lucky. Will end up being a very disappointing Olympics for us.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Majewski still competing? what a baller!
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:35 pm

LegiaMistrz1 wrote:At this point our only hopes for medals are:
Malachowski - discuss
Majewski - Shot put (maybe)
Adam Kszczot - 800m
Indoor volleyball team

Out of those I'd say maybe 1 gold, 2 if we're lucky. Will end up being a very disappointing Olympics for us.
Piotr Myska another maybe RSX sailing (he fucked so hard in the last 3 races, but still solid contender for bronze)
Maja Wloszczowska in bike mountain she is gold favorite.
you forget to mention hammer throw two secure gold medals
Also is insane how good are our polish woman in athletics, we have 3 polish woman in 400meters semifinals (I dont think we can get medals here, but in 4x400 we have chances)
We also have 3 polish woman in 1500meters semifinals, Chichoka is medal contender.
And our guys of handball if they won today against Sweden they will still have good chances of medal.
And maybe some surpise is left.

We did shit in swimming, tennis and fencing, but those werent our strongest athletes except maybe for those weightlifters cheaters, those bastarse were going to won medals for sure.

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:41 pm

LegiaMistrz1 wrote: Adam Kszczot - 800m
Didn't even make the final. Lewandowski did, but I doubt he will medal.

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:36 pm

pawelhuu wrote:Chichoka is medal contender.
Dead faken last in the semis. :oops: We got that Moroccan kurwa in the 1500m final.

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:16 am

Women's kurwa hammer throw - Olympic Record and now World Record. :naughty:

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:39 am

Our polish girls won 2 medals today in kayaks. Congrats to our girls who gave us 5 of 7 medals this Olympics. We still have chances for more medals, so this Olympics wasn't so bad after all.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:51 am

pawelhuu wrote:Our polish girls won 2 medals today in kayaks. Congrats to our girls who gave us 5 of 7 medals this Olympics. We still have chances for more medals, so this Olympics wasn't so bad after all.
Athletically, Polish Women are above-average. Us Men are below-average. Combined the results are mediocre. Not bad, just okay.

Wednesday [10AM Pacific]
Quarter-Finals
Mens Team Volleyball

POLSKA vs USA

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:30 am

Fajdek our gold favorite fucked up today, the good news is that Nowicki had the best throw, and the biggest surprise is Maria Andrejczyk who threw 67 meter in her first attempt and got the best throw in qualifications. Pretty weird Olympics so far, and I agree with Kielbasa we need atleast 3 more medals to be like in Athenas, Beijing and London who weren't good olympics for us compared to our average participations.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Fajdek is a loser
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-08-25/worl ... in-bejing/

Anyone know how my boy, not prancers boy, Majewski is doing?
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 am

nicram wrote:Fajdek is a loser
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-08-25/worl ... in-bejing/

Anyone know how my boy, not prancers boy, Majewski is doing?
He qualificate to the final, but he was ranked 7th in qualifications, since 2012 olympics he didn't won much, so the probabilities to won a medal are very low, but at least he is in the final, not like our dumb Fajdek who was throwing 80 meters in trainings and in qualifications he couldn't surpass 72.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:11 am

NBC has sucked all of the suspense out of the Olympics
The network edits the games like they’re a gigantic reality show.
http://www.vox.com/2016/8/18/12527498/o ... ality-show

> I mentioned this to my friends after I read NBC decided to tape delay even though USA shares the same time zones with Brazil. I referenced how everything is perfectly cut and pasted: no air time with athletes just standing around waiting or stretching. But this article explains more differences that really cheapen the experience. I feel bad for American athletes. When they win Gold it's nationally celebrated for a few hours and then on to the next American that won.

Excerpts from article: "After watching more of it, I think I have an answer: The network has completely eliminated suspense from the equation.

If you watch a lot of live sports on TV, you’ll know that they’re mostly dead air. The players will run a play, and then there will be a long period where they wander around and you wait for something to happen. Whether it’s a slow dribble downcourt on basketball or the pitcher waiting for the catcher to call for the right pitch, a lot of sports is about the tension that arises in these moments of waiting for something to happen.

This is true of the Olympics as well. Think of, say, when gymnasts used to have to wait for the judges to provide their scores, of the tension in that moment when everything could be dashed. NBC has mostly cut out that waiting period entirely, in favor of footage of other gymnasts, or cutting to commercial, or just jumping right to the scores.

Nothing illustrates just how packaged this footage is more than the commentators, who are ostensibly commenting on things live as they happen but are always, always in sync with NBC’s preconceived narratives.

There are no occasions where they seem startled, or where we cut in on them as they were in the middle of talking about something else. All of the evidence suggests NBC cuts together the package and then records voiceover for it.

But NBC’s approach robs most events of their excitement, of the sense that anything can happen that you get from watching live coverage (or tape-delayed coverage that pretends to be live). Without that suspense, they’re as telegraphed as anything else on TV, with easily predictable endings and storylines that come complete with heavy network influence, the better to tell you what to think.

NBC claims to have lots of market research that says this is how its viewers want to consume the games. And considering the ratings for Rio are off from the ratings for London in 2012, but not by that much, it’s entirely possible the network is right."

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:24 am

I don't understand, 2 bronze medals in this event?

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Party Polak wrote:I don't understand, 2 bronze medals in this event?

tak, they play two bronce medal finals. If you lose against an opponent who also wons the next round you enter in a repechage round, if you won the repechage round you fight against the loser of the next round until the finals.

BTW, we lost a medal by 2 centimeters in woman javelin throw, the good thing is experts says that this 20 years girl is going to be next Wlodarczyk, she had the best technique in throwing but she need a little more experience to adjust her throws and be more consistent. The other bad news was shot put with no medals and shitty participation of our polaks. But the worse news is our favorite silver medalist team for 4 x 400 meters in woman kayaks had lost in semifinals, the only good news is that we have a woman in 800 meters final but the odds to have a medal are not very high but there is a chance, also there is a surprise in penthatlon woman, she won first place in fencing lets see how this ends.

Today is the handball semifinal against Denmark, hammer throw final (with Nowicki), 800 meters final and woman modern pentathlon, hope we get some medals, those are our last chances to get something and bike mountain tomorrow.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 am

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 am

Overall I was disappointing. 2 gold medals is fairly poor. Only Anita Wlodarczyk came in with big expectations, she said what she will achieve and she did just that. Gold and WR. The others who got medals are either unexpected or should have gotten a gold instead of bronze/sliver but something happened in the last moments that made them slip into 2nd or 3rd. Some by sporting ability and other competitiors being better but in most occasions it was the athlete themself who couldn't get the job done to the end. Seriously this happened in so many cases. I'm not dissing the silver and bronze medals because that's an acheivement and most of those athletes were very happy to get whatever they got, but at the end of the day it's the gold medals that get you higher in the rankings and we only had 2.

I was thinking to myself that the olympics are all about money. The countries that invest the most into the coaching, development, equipment, facilities and so on usually get the gold medals. And that's true. Look at India. Most populated country in the world but they're poor and only got 1 silver and 1 bronze medal. BUT have a look a a few countries that were above us. Kazachstan, Uzbekistan, Iran. They dont have money to be spending on sports but they managed to do well. And would you have a look at our brothers Hungary. What an example. 12th in the rankings with 8 gold medals, 3 silver, 4 bronze. That's the sort of numbers we should be getting. Unfortunately we have the Polish Sport Mentality. Its a thing - I'm telling you. When the pressure is on we have to crumble.