MMA Thread

Discuss NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, College Sports, etc. here
Post Reply
User avatar
maciej
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4144
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:23 am
Location: dystopia

MMA Thread

Post by maciej » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:59 pm

Cro Cop got destroyed tonight!!!

http://dnevnik.hr/naslovnica/vijesti/sp ... _44494.php

video
Image
Image

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:44 am

yeah i watched it on spike. Shocked me although Gabriel Gonzaga is a very good fighter too.

User avatar
Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8494
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:18 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:49 am

What happened to Cro Cop..? :?

User avatar
*Chris*
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:18 pm
Location: Ottawa (by way of Thunder Bay), ON, Canada

Post by *Chris* » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:33 pm

What a brutal KO! I watched it on Spike as well. It was crazy. Too bad Cro Cop got KOd since I wanted to see him fight against Couture.
W życiu piękne są tylko chwile, ale dla nich warto żyć.
Polish by chance. Proud by choice.

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:38 pm

*Chris* wrote:What a brutal KO! I watched it on Spike as well. It was crazy. Too bad Cro Cop got KOd since I wanted to see him fight against Couture.
Cro cop would get wooped by couture. Hes only good at stand up.

User avatar
zloty
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:34 pm
Location: Paradiso Amsterdam
Contact:

Post by zloty » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:16 pm

no one probably expected a first round knockout Gonzaga, especially from a head kick or any kick from him. everyone was saying if Gonzaga is going to win it would be by submission.........looks like cro cop got a taste of his own medicine.
Image

User avatar
Dj Domino
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Post by Dj Domino » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:30 pm

karmakop wrote:
*Chris* wrote:What a brutal KO! I watched it on Spike as well. It was crazy. Too bad Cro Cop got KOd since I wanted to see him fight against Couture.
Cro cop would get wooped by couture. Hes only good at stand up.
That's like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground. I think Mirko would beat Randy and in a rematch he'd beat Gonzaga as well. But none of it matters really since Fedor is light years ahead of anyone.

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:13 pm

Dj Domino wrote:
karmakop wrote:
*Chris* wrote:What a brutal KO! I watched it on Spike as well. It was crazy. Too bad Cro Cop got KOd since I wanted to see him fight against Couture.
Cro cop would get wooped by couture. Hes only good at stand up.
That's like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground. I think Mirko would beat Randy and in a rematch he'd beat Gonzaga as well. But none of it matters really since Fedor is light years ahead of anyone.
Nobody in this sport is light years ahead of anyone. Any guy can lose any day. Thats nothing like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground because he is decent at stand up while Mirko has nothing on the ground. Get it? Gonzaga beat Mirko standing up. Get it? Wow you really think Cro Cop would beat Couture that easy? I can tell you are a Pride fanboy.

User avatar
maciej
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4144
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:23 am
Location: dystopia

Post by maciej » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:55 am

karmakop wrote: Get it? Wow you really think Cro Cop would beat Couture that easy? I can tell you are a Pride fanboy.
cro cop would kick couture's head through the cage. mirko just had a bad day. :cry: let's not even bring fedor into this. couture would have no chance against him.
Image
Image

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:24 pm

maciej wrote:
karmakop wrote: Get it? Wow you really think Cro Cop would beat Couture that easy? I can tell you are a Pride fanboy.
cro cop would kick couture's head through the cage. mirko just had a bad day. :cry: let's not even bring fedor into this. couture would have no chance against him.
Cro Cop sucks. He had a bad day?????? He was dominated the whole round. and thats exactly what happens when you can only win one way. Go on Pride message boards. No body there praises Cro Cop like u guys do.

User avatar
Beefstar
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:28 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Post by Beefstar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:48 pm

karmakop wrote:
maciej wrote:
karmakop wrote: Get it? Wow you really think Cro Cop would beat Couture that easy? I can tell you are a Pride fanboy.
cro cop would kick couture's head through the cage. mirko just had a bad day. :cry: let's not even bring fedor into this. couture would have no chance against him.
Cro Cop sucks. He had a bad day?????? He was dominated the whole round. and thats exactly what happens when you can only win one way. Go on Pride message boards. No body there praises Cro Cop like u guys do.
All of the Pride guys that recently came in haven't done so well. Yes even Rampage, even though he won his match. Maybe they need a bit to adapt, or maybe the talent level is higher in UFC.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

User avatar
Dj Domino
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Post by Dj Domino » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:55 pm

karmakop wrote:
Dj Domino wrote:
karmakop wrote:
*Chris* wrote:What a brutal KO! I watched it on Spike as well. It was crazy. Too bad Cro Cop got KOd since I wanted to see him fight against Couture.
Cro cop would get wooped by couture. Hes only good at stand up.
That's like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground. I think Mirko would beat Randy and in a rematch he'd beat Gonzaga as well. But none of it matters really since Fedor is light years ahead of anyone.
Nobody in this sport is light years ahead of anyone. Any guy can lose any day. Thats nothing like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground because he is decent at stand up while Mirko has nothing on the ground. Get it? Gonzaga beat Mirko standing up. Get it? Wow you really think Cro Cop would beat Couture that easy? I can tell you are a Pride fanboy.
Hahahahahaha. You don't understand anything do you? How many Cro Cop fights have you seen? How many Gonzaga fights have you seen? Cro Cop is not awful on the ground. He's not good either, mind you, but he's not awful. I said that's like saying Gonzaga is bad at stand up because the automatic thinking of "Oh geez, Brazilian only grappler." The guy is not awful wit strikes. He's pretty good, but not world class. Gonzaga caught him and fair play, he really showed something. But that's his first fight against a top 10 heavyweight and he did extremely well. Is he better than Mirko? Quite possibly. Do I think he is? No. And I never said that I think Mirko would beat Randy "that easily". I said that I think he'd beat him.

As for Pride fanboy? Do I think Pride has the better fighters? In general, yes. Does that make me a fanboy? No, I don't think so. Hell, I don't have any reason to be a Pride fanboy. I will say this though, Fedor is a better fighter than Couture and Rua is a better fighter than Liddell.

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:35 pm

Dj Domino wrote:
karmakop wrote:
Dj Domino wrote:
karmakop wrote:
*Chris* wrote:What a brutal KO! I watched it on Spike as well. It was crazy. Too bad Cro Cop got KOd since I wanted to see him fight against Couture.
Cro cop would get wooped by couture. Hes only good at stand up.
That's like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground. I think Mirko would beat Randy and in a rematch he'd beat Gonzaga as well. But none of it matters really since Fedor is light years ahead of anyone.
Nobody in this sport is light years ahead of anyone. Any guy can lose any day. Thats nothing like saying Gonzaga is only good on the ground because he is decent at stand up while Mirko has nothing on the ground. Get it? Gonzaga beat Mirko standing up. Get it? Wow you really think Cro Cop would beat Couture that easy? I can tell you are a Pride fanboy.
Hahahahahaha. You don't understand anything do you? How many Cro Cop fights have you seen? How many Gonzaga fights have you seen? Cro Cop is not awful on the ground. He's not good either, mind you, but he's not awful. I said that's like saying Gonzaga is bad at stand up because the automatic thinking of "Oh geez, Brazilian only grappler." The guy is not awful wit strikes. He's pretty good, but not world class. Gonzaga caught him and fair play, he really showed something. But that's his first fight against a top 10 heavyweight and he did extremely well. Is he better than Mirko? Quite possibly. Do I think he is? No. And I never said that I think Mirko would beat Randy "that easily". I said that I think he'd beat him.

As for Pride fanboy? Do I think Pride has the better fighters? In general, yes. Does that make me a fanboy? No, I don't think so. Hell, I don't have any reason to be a Pride fanboy. I will say this though, Fedor is a better fighter than Couture and Rua is a better fighter than Liddell.
I dont understand because u cant write it for comprehension. You make claims but the fact of the matter is Gonzaga dominated the whole fight, on the ground and beat cro cop at his own game.

User avatar
Dj Domino
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Post by Dj Domino » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:04 pm

"I don't understand because u can't write it for comprehension."

Man that is the most ironic thing I have ever read in my life.

User avatar
Benek
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13897
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Benek » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Dj Domino wrote:"I don't understand because u can't write it for comprehension."

Man that is the most ironic thing I have ever read in my life.

:lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:43 pm

kks.1922 wrote:
Dj Domino wrote:"I don't understand because u can't write it for comprehension."

Man that is the most ironic thing I have ever read in my life.

:lol: :lol:
yeah if u dont know what that means then u are retarded. I thought i would write it using basic terms for a dumbass like you.

antiant
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2455
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:38 am

Post by antiant » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:51 pm

wow@not being able to understand him and then turn around and call him a dumbass because of it, hahahahahahaha what an idiot :lol:

User avatar
Dj Domino
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Post by Dj Domino » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:00 pm

karmakop wrote:
kks.1922 wrote:
Dj Domino wrote:"I don't understand because u can't write it for comprehension."

Man that is the most ironic thing I have ever read in my life.

:lol: :lol:
yeah if u dont know what that means then u are retarded. I thought i would write it using basic terms for a dumbass like you.
I'm done here.

Apparently Koschek and St. Pierre are gonna fight in UFC 74? Geez a big opportunity for Josh. If Georges loses again (he very well might, but I'd still bet on him pretty big) then his career will have taken a big hit when it looked like it just started.

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:18 am

antiant wrote:wow@not being able to understand him and then turn around and call him a dumbass because of it, hahahahahahaha what an idiot :lol:
ok dork. go listen to your underground music because ur too cool for the known bands.

"I don't understand because u can't write it for comprehension."
-meaning your writing, what you say, is incomprehensible.
in the english language you can phrase things in many different ways. I dont sit here thinking about my grammar. You obviously understood what i said so leave it at. I noticed a lot of u guys turn arguments into english class.

antiant
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2455
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:38 am

Post by antiant » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:46 am

karmakop wrote:
ok dork. go listen to your underground music because ur too cool for the known bands.
it's not underground, you just live under a rock, as evident by your lack of comprehension, at any rate, you've been whipped by wit as usual and don't know what hit you, i am done as well, thanks for the laugh, i get many on here, especially from people like you, no sense in arguing with a retard, who can't tell his balls from his ass, keep your head in the sand like an ostrich and cover your ass, so you don't get fucked from behind, i've said my 'piece', ciao!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest