Poland v Ecuador (June 9) - Official Match Thread

Talk about the Polish national team
Polish Prince
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada - Janow Lubelski, Lublin, Polska

Post by Polish Prince » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:32 pm

i still believe polska polska polska

wilko

Post by wilko » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:44 pm

I am so embarrassed I do'nt know what to say. I am so ashamed, it's 2002 all over again.
I Have Fought The Good Fight, I Have Kept My Faith, I Have Stayed The Course

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."
"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

redz

Post by redz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:46 pm

you have to admit that even though we were loosing the second half, going to the 70-90min the game heated up and the ball was at the ecuadorian goal all the time, if the polish team would do this from the begining then they would have control.
I have noticed alot of their crosses were blocked everytime by a ecuadorian and the defense was just standing their like they were watching the match. they should go after the player instead of just standing their. They have to play with heart and with a sense of thought. they were not thinking alot, the midfielders were just passing, they are the ones that suppose to think, where the ball goes, how, instead everytime they saw the yellow shirts, they passed back until they grew some balls at the end of the match.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:47 pm

mozza wrote:lOOk at the bright side. i have australia to support know.... at least they will show some heart at only their 2nd wc... :mrgreen:
can someone fucking boot this retard. Are you even polish or one of those kids whose grandpa was polish so u claim u are. Can u speak polish? Get the fuck out of here because its obvious u don't support our country, our team or our people. Go fuck yourself. IDK why u think australia is so good. They won't do shit in the world cup either. At least we have a history.

GPriest

Post by GPriest » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:49 pm

^^ I agree australia does NOT have a better chance then Poland.

LKS Lodz

Post by LKS Lodz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:24 pm

Words can't express my dissapointment right now. :|

You wait 4 LONG YEARS and this is what you get in return?

4-5-1 formation? What the f**k was Janas thinking?

I take the day off work, lose a full day's wage in the process, only to see Ecuador outdual us and come away with a victory? As much as I give Ecuador full credit for their performance, make no mistake about it, this was A DO-OR-DIE GAME FOR POLAND!!! How does the Polish NT expect to make it through to the next round knowing all too well an energized German squad awaits them? What is going through Pawel Janas' head at the moment? Maybe what is going through his head is "What the f***k was I thinking by leaving Dudek/Frankowski at home?!" perhaps that is what is going through his head???

Poland is going to need either
A) LUCK
B) FULL THROTTLE DETERMINATION
C) BOTH
if they hope to have any chance of advancing out of their group. Anything less would be a downright dissapointment and have Korea/Japan 2002 written all over it.

Let's get our sh*t together, pull out a miracle victory over Germany and smoke the Costa Ricans!!! We have to believe that there is still hope for our countrymen!!!

P - O - L - S - K - A !!!!!!!!!!! P - O - L - S - K - A !!!!!!!!!!! P - O - L - S - K - A !!!!!!!!!!!

astoria
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by astoria » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:29 pm

Mozza has a point though, I've seen most qualifying and friendly matches with Australia. Right now at this moment Australia would kick our asses. They have good: movement of the ball, distribution of the ball, and better finishes than us for sure.

GPriest

Post by GPriest » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:32 pm

^ Sadly, with the play we had, I do not disagree :(

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:32 pm

At this point even Lithuania would kick our asses :(
"Euro 2012 will be a tournament of upsets.... I know I'm already upset about Poland"

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:42 pm

LKS Lodz wrote:
B) FULL THROTTLE DETERMINATION
I am PRAAAAAAAYING this sinks into their heads and pulls something out against Germany. Honestly hopefuly janas has to smarten up.

Zurawski-Jelen should be our forwards.. 4-4-2 is the formation we need, I pick Jelen because he showed today he was not scared or nervous, for hte 15 minutes he was on the feild he showed he can play and determined.

COMMON POLSKA MAKE UP FOR THIS DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:44 pm

If only Rasiak was played, we would have beaten Ecuador
"Euro 2012 will be a tournament of upsets.... I know I'm already upset about Poland"

Polish966

Post by Polish966 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:47 pm

Czas Na EB wrote:If only Rasiak was played, we would have beaten Ecuador
hes had enough chances i dont rely on him at all nemore
He Played for Poland 102 times scoring 45 goals...RIP Kazimierz Deyna, Jan Pawel ll and Kazimierz Gorski

Image Image

RJ22
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by RJ22 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:50 pm

who cares we had it coming...... poland was watching ecuador especailly our defense OMG....... But we all know games are all different and cant predict what happens..... poland was slow and had no ball control.....

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:51 pm

to top off this great day, i got a fuckin drinking ticket from the cops
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:52 pm

Im one depressed mother fucker.I dont even wanna leave me house. :evil:

edit: sorry
Last edited by d0m on Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJ22
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by RJ22 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:54 pm

AKsoldier wrote:to top off this great day, i got a fuckin drinking ticket from the cops
That sucks..... hopefully you didnt tell them that poland lost they would added on..... :lol:

3aqel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by 3aqel » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:57 pm

There's a side of me that's sad to see this happen, one that supports Poland through thick and thin, but there's also the side of me that likes what happened today because it shut up all the ignorant bastards who say "f you" to every other country on the face of the planet. What I saw today and noticed is that the determination and good attitude is in the stands, and in the stands only. The NT on the pitch dosen't really look like they care in the WC, they tend to treat WC matches as friendly. It's not that we're lacking skill, Boruc and Zurawski are still capable of producing magic at the WC, but the rest of the team needs to step up and work together, if something does not go the way they think it will, don't stand their and think how to argue the point, they need to fix it! and then if it dosen't work, THEN and ONLY THEN argue whatever needs to be fixed. Our mentality is killing us.

Anyway, poor show, all my friends were watching the game, and the only thing I could do was just laugh it off because we were a total embarassment today. So long WC, we might as well just kiss Germany goodby with today's performance, maybe even prepare to leave without scoring a single goal if we play like today. Only 3 shots on target? All the other keeper out there will have an easy job if all they are tested with is 3 shots. They would like that.

Bart

Post by Bart » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:03 pm

All I can say is, I TOLD YOU SO!
Jeszcze przyjdzie chwila kiedy szczeli gola Mila.

Beefstar

Post by Beefstar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:22 pm

Bart wrote:All I can say is, I TOLD YOU SO!
Why isn't this guy banned yet?

Back to Poland though, it's the simple fact that our key players didn't step up. I don't know what it is, the pressure, not in form, Janas needs to motivate the fuckers, or something.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

RJ22
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by RJ22 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:24 pm

Janas- get the fuck out of my face......