Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:32 pm

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 am

What a shit couple of games. 38% posession at home and Austria had 21 shots to our 7. WTF??

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 am

When we had Peszko and Maczynski we played better. Sad

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:31 pm

This team is horrific ..

We might scrape through (50/50) from a pathetic group.
As i predicted some after the world cup, the team has gone backwards, the league has gone backwards.
Unless there is huge investment from somewhere, from top to bottom, then Polish football will languish in the wilderness for decades..

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Cupial pumped money to WIsla for years and didnt get the success that he wanted. More investment alone isnt going to solve Polish soccer.

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 am

polskaforever wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:10 pm
Cupial pumped money to WIsla for years and didnt get the success that he wanted. More investment alone isnt going to solve Polish soccer.
Investment will play a massive part in the development of academies /wages/facilities, without money you are nothing in European football.Is it a co-incidence that the countries with more money ie Germ/France/Eng/Spain all boast the best leagues and best NTs?
I don't think so.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Money wont solve our problems if the players mentality is laziness and act like a bunch of beauty queens and let it happen because this is the best we have :?:

For a nation of 40mil it is extremely sad that there are no Polish companies/individuals that want to own teams and to make the league to be proud of in this country. It doesnt even make sense how the sport is #1 :?

Ukraine pumps more money into their own league than we do and yet Ukrainian national team isnt that great. Maybe good? Money isnt the answer. Its the culture and how strong the institution of the sport is in the country.

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 pm
Money wont solve our problems if the players mentality is laziness and act like a bunch of beauty queens and let it happen because this is the best we have :?:

For a nation of 40mil it is extremely sad that there are no Polish companies/individuals that want to own teams and to make the league to be proud of in this country. It doesnt even make sense how the sport is #1 :?

Ukraine pumps more money into their own league than we do and yet Ukrainian national team isnt that great. Maybe good? Money isnt the answer. Its the culture and how strong the institution of the sport is in the country.
The Ukranian league is superior to the Polish League- they have teams regularly playing in champions league/europa league.The Ukranian NT is better than ours, and all this while a civil war rages on ffs.
There are of course varying reasons why we are utterly pathetic at NT and league level, but how you can just say money is not the answer is beyond me, if for example there are any decent Polish talents coming through,then they will be off to Europe before they are say 23, which will not act in any way to strengthen the domestic league,Polish clubs cannot afford to attract good overseas players so you are left with average Polish players and second rate foreigners -
With the right investment coaches can be trained efficiently , facilities can be improved.As you say, for a population of 40million, the number of world class players over the last 30 years screams 'wrong'- i would suggest PZPN have been a poor ambassador my overwhelming impression of them is old men who liked a glass of vodka and earning lots of $$$.
I very much am a supporter of PIS, but i honestly feel the President should be doing more in recognizing the need for some serious restructuring/investing in the game, grassroots up.
I'm in my late 40s now and i'm of the opinion i have seen as good as it will get for the NT in my lifetime- i was just too young to appreciate the team of the 70s but can just remember the team of 1982,.
I will always follow my team, but we are a long way from being anything other than a team to make up the numbers at major tournaments ..
When i saw the line up against Slovenia with M Pazdan in there i just sighed. I have nothing against the guy,but if thats the best we can do then when we have 1 guy out injured,well, we are screwed.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:33 pm

jam-role wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm
polskaforever wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 pm

The Ukranian league is superior to the Polish League- they have teams regularly playing in champions league/europa league.The Ukranian NT is better than ours, and all this while a civil war rages on ffs.
There are of course varying reasons why we are utterly pathetic at NT and league level, but how you can just say money is not the answer is beyond me, if for example there are any decent Polish talents coming through,then they will be off to Europe before they are say 23, which will not act in any way to strengthen the domestic league,Polish clubs cannot afford to attract good overseas players so you are left with average Polish players and second rate foreigners -
With the right investment coaches can be trained efficiently , facilities can be improved.As you say, for a population of 40million, the number of world class players over the last 30 years screams 'wrong'- i would suggest PZPN have been a poor ambassador my overwhelming impression of them is old men who liked a glass of vodka and earning lots of $$$.
I very much am a supporter of PIS, but i honestly feel the President should be doing more in recognizing the need for some serious restructuring/investing in the game, grassroots up.
I'm in my late 40s now and i'm of the opinion i have seen as good as it will get for the NT in my lifetime- i was just too young to appreciate the team of the 70s but can just remember the team of 1982,.
I will always follow my team, but we are a long way from being anything other than a team to make up the numbers at major tournaments ..
When i saw the line up against Slovenia with M Pazdan in there i just sighed. I have nothing against the guy,but if thats the best we can do then when we have 1 guy out injured,well, we are screwed.
Since the 90s, I think we qualified to tourneys more often than Ukraine did even though their league is way better than ours. Since Croatia got their independence their national team had better success than us already. Their league is smaller.

What about our EK clubs losing in european qualifying games to teams from Moldova or Luxembourg and getting knocked out. EK clubs are much richer and still lose.

Thats why Im saying money isnt everything.

I agree that this is probably as good as it will get for us. EURO 2016 qualifying and tourney was a rare happy moment in our lifetime regarding the NT and thats all it will be.