Administrator
Administrator

Jerzy Brzeczek

Post by Party Polak » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 am

To jest kurwa smiech!

Orzel78

Re: Jerzy Brzeczek

Post by Orzel78 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm

So frustrating! WTF is Boniek doing? This is a step backwards in my opinion.

MG

Post by MG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 pm

A huge step backwards, this is Brzeczek's coaching career:

Na początku lutego 2010 roku Brzęczek został pierwszym trenerem Rakowa Częstochowa. Po serii nieudanych meczów umowa z klubem została rozwiązana 3 listopada 2014, na prośbę głównego sponsora.

17 listopada 2014 roku został trenerem Lechii Gdańsk. Dnia 1 września 2015 roku został zwolniony.

Od końca września 2015 trener GKS Katowice, 20 maja 2017, po przegranej w meczu z MKS Kluczbork i utracie szans na awans, podał się do dymisji.

11 lipca 2017 roku został trenerem Wisły Płock.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we lose all 6 games left this year and early next year Boniek will be looking for a new coach after being forced to fire this guy.

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:52 pm

This decision by Boniek hints at a few very serious issues.

1. Boniek was heavily counting on Nawalka still being interested in staying in his position, and even said in the press conference when Nawalka left that Nawalka had signaled he wanted to stay, but something changed last minute. Boniek had to scramble and find a replacement quickly so he got Brzeczek, which may be a Majewski type deal that he's got 6 games to prove himself. If he doesn't he's out in Nov. and search will start for new coach before Euro 2020 qualifying.

2. Boniek really has no faith in this group of players anymore, meaning he believes even a high profile coach like Prandelli, Bilic, DeBlasi, Conte, etc. can't make a difference so throwing a lot of cash at one of these guys will not solve our issues and will only endanger his position if we have bad results even with a high profile coach.

My issue is hiring Kuba's uncle is trolling a bit and creating unnecessary controversy in the team when everyone should be focused on rebuilding face after a horrible World Cup. It's all very strange to me because there are plenty of other better Polish coaches for the job, even if it's temporary.

MG

Post by MG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Legia to your points which have a lot of merit ...

I still feel that something happened between Nawalka and the players between the Lithuania and Senegal games and whatever it was he completely lost there faith and loyalty ... statements that were made by guys like Glik, Grosik, Rybus etc... during and after the WC seemed to point in that direction.

This is why Nawalka had no motivation to rebuild the team.

So Boniek's thinking might be this is not the right time to throw money at a foreign coach (I totally disagree with him here as I believe it makes more sense to hire a foreign coach when the team is in disarray then not) so he's throwing a hail mary here and thinking this guy who's Kuba's uncle might be the right person to get the players playing like a unit and strong cohesive team. If my thinking is right this is more of a motivational/psychological move then an X/O move ... so this Brzeczek guy wasn't hired to change the tactics of the team in any way but to calm down the negative emotions that have been created in the team.

nero_on_acid

Post by nero_on_acid » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am

It wouldn’t make sense to hire brzeczek and give him until November to prove himself. You’d want a coach to get as many games as possible to prepare for qualifying. I’m not expecting brzeczek to achieve anything more other than the start of a “rebuilding” process in preparation for qualifying. We could lose all 6 games and it wouldn’t matter as long as the performances were improving.

MG

Post by MG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Nero theoretically you're right but if the team starts losing and losing bad with each next game there will be more and more pressure from the media and fans to make a change.