Talk about the Polish national team
polskaforever

Re: Polska @ World Cup 2018

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:42 pm

jam-role wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 pm
polskaforever wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Its nothing but mental that caused our team to lose these games. We are not the only nation that has avg players. A lot of nations have avg players with maybe like 1 or 2 star players and another 1-2 above avg players and so on. What I noticed the difference between the Euros and WC was that during the Euros they were mentally in it. The players played "closer" together. Here you could see how far apart they were from each other. They could never get anything going. That mental breakdown vs Senegal was going to be hard to overcome in short amount of time where the team only had 1 game to do so and it was a must win game.
Mentality plays a part, but we do not have ONE creative player out there in either game, we relied on passing it sidewards, backwards and the long ball, which was painful to watch, there were no 1-2s , no dribbles, nothing, just hit, and hope for the best.
We are utter trash, like it or not.
Mentality plays the biggest part. We had Maczynski that you guys made fun of a lot for EURO 2016 and didnt pass this bad. Even Peszko played!

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Anyway, im really sad tonight.
Whichever way you look at things, its not good.To have to go out and play a meaningless game is hard for everyone, i would imagine there are lots of hacked off fans who have bough tickets for the 3rd game, i wonder if many of them will go, in truth, i wouldn't.

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Fucking stop with the mentality bullshit. It wasn't mentality, it was decision making on the field. We were clearly outplaying Columbia and they scored a great goal, that changed the dynamics of the match, we could no longer counter and our lack of ability to play positional attacking football resulted in the game being over. Our tactics in both games were predicated on us scoring first for a reason, we're garbage playing from behind.
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

Polish Sensation

Post by Polish Sensation » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:07 pm

milicz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm
Fucking stop with the mentality bullshit. It wasn't mentality, it was decision making on the field. We were clearly outplaying Columbia and they scored a great goal, that changed the dynamics of the match, we could no longer counter and our lack of ability to play positional attacking football resulted in the game being over. Our tactics in both games were predicated on us scoring first for a reason, we're garbage playing from behind.
Outplaying Colombia? When? Outside of the first 5 minutes we looked lost.

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Re-watch the first half, Columbia was on the back foot for most of it
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

Polish Sensation

Post by Polish Sensation » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:31 pm

milicz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:14 pm
Poland looked really dangerous passing it back and forth in their own half because they had no clue how to break down Colombia. :lol: As the first half went on, Colombia slowly started to take over.

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm

First game was mentality they guys you could tell they were scared.

This game I blame nawalka. He fucked around to much with "wariants" and wanted his 3-4-3 dream to work. We do not have the correct type of players to play this system. We did not hold our shape for this tactic we looked like we were playing a 7-0-3 formation . Nothing in the middle other than long balls up front hoping for us to control. Zielu was stranded he had no where to pass too to make a play or link anything up. There were virtually no wingers we didnt even have a god damn through ball out wide! The tactical approach was pure arrogance on nawalkas behalf thinking hes a tactical genius the only "wariants" should be 4-2-3-1 , 4-5-1, 4-4-2 . Something this core group of players have played in over the last 4 years with this NT .

This so called 3-4-3 was so defensive no wonder we created nothing....our wingers were defensive minded, our 2 midfielders were defensive minded, where the fuck is the creativity going to come from. It's sad that average Joe's on social media and forums see better than a group of licensed coaches. Seeing this lineup I knew we would not produce anything offensively unless it was a lucky bounce or errors on Colombian end

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:29 pm

milicz wrote:
You were clearly drunk, at no point in that match did we look better besides the first few minutes when we won 2 corners. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Our midfield is not good enough for the ballsy approach we tried today. Sure for the first 20 to 25 minutes we controlled the match but the South American (born on ball handling) squad adjusted.

Hindsight and this is purely hindsight (I respect Nawalka's decision) we should have marched out the Old Guard today. I will never forget Senegal. Destroyed our entire campaign with their bullshit header. We needed to force our opponent today into similiar mistakes and didn't accomplish that.

I still think our Euro 2020 squad will be superior. We just need time to figure things out. Milik needs to grow a pair. And Glik? I watched enough commercials of him flexing without starting today. Szczęsny - not a single WC stop.

I think we are humbled but I think we have a bright future ahead in the next 2-3 years. Please figure it out Nawalka

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 pm
Please figure it out Nawalka

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Nawalka's strategy of not playing friendlies against good teams backfired as Senegal and Colombia were the best teams we've played since Denmark beat us 4-0. Instead we played teams we can beat to pad our player ego's and FIFA standings. The way our team performed this world cup shows we were not prepared mentally or tactically to play against teams that were on our level or better.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:02 pm

milicz wrote:
Mentality and decision making. We are both right.

How did Japan manage to keep up with Columbia or Senegal?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Polish Sensation wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:31 pm
milicz wrote:
Poland looked really dangerous passing it back and forth in their own half because they had no clue how to break down Colombia. :lol: As the first half went on, Colombia slowly started to take over.
Yes after the first 15mins it started to go downhill.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:42 pm

Nawet nie próbowali
Zagrywanie takich piłek nie jest oczywiście najłatwiejszym elementem futbolu i czasami może nie wyjść. Piłka może zostać kopnięta za mocno i wyjdzie poza linię boczną albo interweniujący obrońca przewidzi taki pomysł i zablokuje podanie. Zdarza się.

Problem w tym, że nie w reprezentacji Polski. Nam się to nie zdarza, bo nasi piłkarz nawet nie próbują! Góralski, Grosicki i Rybus nie podjęli ani jednej próby. Bereszyński i Zieliński zdecydowali się na jedno takie zagranie. Ten Zieliński, który miał być naszym "maestro", piłkarzem, który pokieruje naszą grą i nada jej charakter. Jedyne podania w pole karne Kolumbijczyków zagrał w 88 i 89 minucie.

Zniszczyła nas zachowawczość i grania na alibi. Do najbliższego, na kilka metrów - często i tak niecelnie. Nie było w tej drużynie zawodnika gotowego przytrzymać piłkę i zagrać w niekonwencjonalny sposób. Wszystkie podania były tak przewidywalne, że przeciwnicy zawsze byli gotowi interweniować.
Więcej: http://www.sport.pl/pilka/56,65037,2359 ... olscy.html
Slaven Bilić powiedział, że wyglądali jakby nie chcieli być na mundialu i jedyne na co zasługują to pakowanie walizek.
Więcej: http://www.sport.pl/pilka/56,65037,2359 ... olscy.html

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 am

polskaforever wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:11 pm
Polish Sensation wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:31 pm
milicz wrote:
Yes after the first 15mins it started to go downhill.
It was destined we would run outta gas. We are Central Europeans lol. We aren't some tiny South Americans ready to chip and fight for 90 minutes.

Hindsight Hindsight. Whatever. We looked glorious for 25 minutes versus like bullshit for 185 like the filthy Germans.

@ 40 minutes I expected Colombia to come out with a deceive strategy to defeat us in the 2nd Half since we didn't score. Then they got a relatively easy (all Tournament long) goal.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:46 am

What we need to fix on the team:

Mentality
Decision making
To be able to last 90mins

Just look at Japan or Iceland. Nations that have avg players with like 1 star player :?

We didnt play like a team this tournament for whatever reason. Players played for themselves not for each other. Nothing connected defensively and offensively. We had obvious holes on our team where opponents exploited very easily. It was too easy to blame every player. Euro 2016 we played tight and got results. This tournament it wasnt like that at all. The Columbia game wasnt enough game time to fix what unravelled vs Senegal. It made things worse that it was a must win game.

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 am

milicz wrote:
Youre right. I was there front row and in the beginning they had control and it looked like they were playing to score first then control the game. Columbia got theirs first and the game fell apart as per usual in the WC

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 am

jam-role wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:50 pm
Anyway, im really sad tonight.
Whichever way you look at things, its not good.To have to go out and play a meaningless game is hard for everyone, i would imagine there are lots of hacked off fans who have bough tickets for the 3rd game, i wonder if many of them will go, in truth, i wouldn't.
I am still going although begrudgingly, its still a great experience to go to a world cup game even if your team just blew it really hard.

jacekplacek

Post by jacekplacek » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:31 am

We deserved this, we deserved to be embarassed, we deserved all of it. In classic Polish mentality we thought we were better than we actually were. Startiing with PZPN, the players, the media and all the way through to the fans. This team was overhyped and the biggest faker going into this tournament.

The Polish players thought things would come easy to them and it showed vs Senegal. We underestimated our opponent, gave them no respect, came out nervous and timid. You have to step your game up for the WC, there is another level of fight and desire to win one needs to show. The Polish team did not achieve this next level, did not come even close.

Maybe this is all fitting as the sneaky PZPN gamed the system to achieve their fake #8 ranking to land in pot 1. How could Poland be ranked higher than Spain? Are you kidding me? Footbal justice was served and Poland was put in it's rightful place as the biggest pretender in the tournament.
Last edited by jacekplacek on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:35 am

I know we had some fak ups during qualifiers but so did Denmark. Denmark had more fak ups than us actually. Denmark managed to earn points in WC and still be in it.

To have two successful qualifing campaigns and a successful tourney in between the wc campaign shouldnt have happened the way it did. There shouldve been at least a fighting chance points wise left like Denmark to make it past the groups.