Polska @ World Cup 2018

Talk about the Polish national team
MG

Re: Polska @ World Cup 2018

Post by MG » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 pm

So Przeglad Sportowy, Poland's biggest sports daily is reporting this today (from my experience they are 80% to 90% right with these kinds of things). So I expect most of this info to be right with 1 difference like maybe Linnetty instead of Goralski.

Formation: 3-4-2-1

Lineup:

Szczesny

Glik - Pazdan - Piszczek

Beres - Krychowiak - Goralski - Rybus

Grosik - Zielu

Lewy

They are saying the tactic will definitely be a counter-attack

I generally like the player switches and I like AN is not being stubborn; he's taking Milik and Kuba off who he assured were good to go and he's changing tactics. This is much better then Janas, Engel and Zmuda who all were very stubborn during tournaments.

Thoughts boys?

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:24 pm

That side looks better than what he put out in the 1st game.
Milik needs a break, as does kuba.
Still outsiders but odds are shortened if thats the team.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:27 pm

James Rodriguez z Polską ma zagrać od początku. Sporo zmian w drużynie Kolumbii

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/ms-2018/762 ... n-w-druzyn

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm

MG wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 pm
So Przeglad Sportowy, Poland's biggest sports daily is reporting this today (from my experience they are 80% to 90% right with these kinds of things). So I expect most of this info to be right with 1 difference like maybe Linnetty instead of Goralski.

Formation: 3-4-2-1

Lineup:

Szczesny

Glik - Pazdan - Piszczek

Beres - Krychowiak - Goralski - Rybus

Grosik - Zielu

Lewy

They are saying the tactic will definitely be a counter-attack

I generally like the player switches and I like AN is not being stubborn; he's taking Milik and Kuba off who he assured were good to go and he's changing tactics. This is much better then Janas, Engel and Zmuda who all were very stubborn during tournaments.

Thoughts boys?
I don't like it, I don't like the idea of Zieliński playing wing, and. I don't like Góralski starting. Most teams that play with 5 defenders don't end up playing well in these types of tournaments...

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 pm

KoroniarzPL wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm
I don't like it, I don't like the idea of Zieliński playing wing, and. I don't like Góralski starting. Most teams that play with 5 defenders don't end up playing well in these types of tournaments...
Zielinski wouldn't be playing the wing, he's going to be in an advanced midfield role. Bereszynski and Rybus are playing wings. Grosicki will switch wings to overload a side.
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:55 pm

milicz with the sane truth bombs, good to see you here sir.
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 pm

JDE wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:55 pm
milicz with the sane truth bombs, good to see you here sir.
Likewise JDE :wave:
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 pm

milicz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Zielinski wouldn't be playing the wing, he's going to be in an advanced midfield role. Bereszynski and Rybus are playing wings. Grosicki will switch wings to overload a side.
Ahh ok, I assumed that Bereś and Rybus would be playing as wing backs and staying back, while Grosicki and Zieliński would be wingers.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 am

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:45 pm

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Last edited by Chmielewski on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The future benevolent military dictator of Poland

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Bravo Pokska :evil: :evil: :oops: :oops:

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Unfortunately my worst fears came true.
Poor side, poor coach, everything about the team is negative.

Back to the gutter.

lechia27

Post by lechia27 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 pm

You were right jam, you were right. :oops:

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:52 pm

People got carried away with the hype, we saw occasions in qualifying were the warning signs were flashing, Denmark away, Armenia at home, montenegro at home.
We made it through a weak group and our lack of quality was exposed against 2 medicore teams in russia.

Al though nawalka made some idiotic decisions, the fact of the matter is the team is nowhere near good enough , i think we are possibly the weakest side in the competition, bar maybe saudis.
Its a good job we didnt crawl out of the group as England or Belgium would have mauled us 4 or 5-0.
OK we did OK in the euros, but when you break it down, the best performance was Germany 0-0, we beat a crappy NI team, we were lucky to beat ukraine , we were lucky to tie with Swiss, and really, in truth , Portugal should have beaten us too.
Thats all irelevant, the team has gone backwards since 2016, key to all that is krychowiak, the guys gone to utter horse shit.Zielinski has been invisible, Milik is shot of confidence, kuba is done, practically the whole team is trash, only lewy is worthy of being in a decent team, not a sinlge one of the others would get in a spain, france english team.
So, for all my criticism of the coach, the bare fact of the matter is we are not good enough, from top to bottom, when the talent you have at your disposal is so poor, no matter who the coach is, he will struggle.
Its up to PZPN to sort this sorry mess out, only hope is EK gets stronger, and lets face it, there is zero prospect of that, as i enter the autumn of my life i wonder if i ever will see the likes of Deyna or Lato, or Boniek wear the great jersey again, Lewy aside, we have to go back to the mid 90s and a guy called Piotr Nowak for the last time we saw a truly gifted world class polish player, thats a long long time. :(

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Its nothing but mental that caused our team to lose these games. Their heads got too big. We are not the only nation that has avg players. A lot of nations have avg players with maybe like 1 or 2 star players and another 1-2 above avg players and so on. What I noticed the difference between the Euros and WC was that during the Euros they were mentally in it. The players played "closer" together. Here you could see how far apart they were from each other. They could never get anything going. In Euro 2016, they played with a "responsibility". Here no one wanted to be "responsible" for anything. That mental breakdown vs Senegal was going to be hard to overcome in short amount of time where the team only had 1 game to do so and it was a must win game. Nawalka and Boniek knew this.

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Its nothing but mental that caused our team to lose these games. We are not the only nation that has avg players. A lot of nations have avg players with maybe like 1 or 2 star players and another 1-2 above avg players and so on. What I noticed the difference between the Euros and WC was that during the Euros they were mentally in it. The players played "closer" together. Here you could see how far apart they were from each other. They could never get anything going. That mental breakdown vs Senegal was going to be hard to overcome in short amount of time where the team only had 1 game to do so and it was a must win game.
Mentality plays a part, but we do not have ONE creative player out there in either game, we relied on passing it sidewards, backwards and the long ball, which was painful to watch, there were no 1-2s , no dribbles, nothing, just hit, and hope for the best.
We are utter trash, like it or not.

Polish Sensation

Post by Polish Sensation » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:31 pm

On paper the Polish team doesn't look bad, but they're pretty average/below average when you compare them to the big boys. Until Poland improves the grassroots levels we're going to continue seeing these kind of performances. It also doesn't help that the Polish players don't play well under pressure.