Polska @ World Cup 2018

Talk about the Polish national team
Artur

Re: Polska @ World Cup 2018

Post by Artur » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Szczesny-Piszczek-Bednarek-Pazdan-Bereszynski-Krychowiak-Zielinski-Kuba-Grosicki-Milik-Lewandowski... possible Linetty starts ahead of Milik and Rybus ahead of Bereszynski

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:57 pm

*Chris* wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:56 am
My 23:

Keepers: Szczesny, Fabianski, Skorupski
Defenders: Rybus, Jedrzejczyk, Glik, Pazdan, Bednarek, Cionek, Piszczek, Bereszynski
Midfielders: Krychowiak, Zielinski, Linetty, Goralski, Blaszczykowski, Kurzawa, Peszko, Grosicki
Forwards: Lewandowski, Milik, Teodorczyk, Kownacki
pretty much nailed it, Chris! well done 8-) 8-)

*Chris*
First Team
First Team

Post by *Chris* » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:25 pm

legia_piotr wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:57 pm
*Chris* wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:56 am
My 23:

Keepers: Szczesny, Fabianski, Skorupski
Defenders: Rybus, Jedrzejczyk, Glik, Pazdan, Bednarek, Cionek, Piszczek, Bereszynski
Midfielders: Krychowiak, Zielinski, Linetty, Goralski, Blaszczykowski, Kurzawa, Peszko, Grosicki
Forwards: Lewandowski, Milik, Teodorczyk, Kownacki
pretty much nailed it, Chris! well done 8-) 8-)
Thanks Piotr. Good to see you back on the forum :) Terrible news about Glik - what a kick in the stomach. What are your feelings that Nawalka will do now? Bednarek or Cionek? Do you think he'll play 3 CBs moving Piszczek in the middle like he did vs S.Korea and Nigeria?
W życiu piękne są tylko chwile, ale dla nich warto żyć.
Polish by chance. Proud by choice.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:49 pm

I would rather not play Cionek tbh. That guy just scares me. But AN likes him, for some reason.

I would play Bednarek but I know, he doesn't have much experience at kadra level.

You read my mind, though, funnily enough :) i just posted some thoughts on this on twitter:

I have a feeling AN is all after flexibility in terms of first XI, especially now that Glik - definitely one of the first two names on the team sheet - is injured and likely out for WC. So we might see back 3 that morphs into back 4 (or vice versa), in which case Piszczek can play RCB or RB.

A few days ago, Nawalka said 442 was our base formation interestingly enough (I would've thought 4231). This may have changed since Glik injury.

I think Zielinski has to start and AN has to find a way to get him into first XI. As a result, I think Milik may start a game or two on the bench - as I think AN def has a different idea/plan/strategy for each group game (at least for now).

we shall see....

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:02 pm

With Glik out and knowing 23 man roster, I think our lineup will be pretty conservative.

------------Szczesny-------------
Piszczek---Bednarek--Pazdan--Bereszynski
-------Krycha--------Linetty----------
Kuba----------Zielu---------Grosicki
--------------Lewy-----------------

MG

Post by MG » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:46 pm

LegiaMistrz1 I hope your wrong as I think AN should do the exact opposite and throw caution to the wind and go out on the full attack (at least in the first game against Senegal); so go with Lewandowski and Milik together as most of the time when Lewandowski is the lone striker our attack has looked quite average. After the first game AN should re-analyze how things went in the first game and what the situation is in the group and then maybe go more conservative against Colombia.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 pm

--------------Fabianski-------------
Piszczek---Bednarek--Pazdan--Jedza
--------------Krycha------------------
------------Milik--Lewy-----------------

My best guess for the first match, which IMO determines if we go through or not...Polska! Biało Czerwoni!

*Chris*
First Team
First Team

Post by *Chris* » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Senegal's strength in defense are the CBs and strong DM/CM trio. We can't go with a narrow formation against them but at the same time we have to contain their wingers (Mane and Balde/Sarr). Very interesting dilemma for Nawalka.

*Chris*
First Team
First Team

Post by *Chris* » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Pulaski wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 pm

My best guess for the first match, which IMO determines if we go through or not...Polska! Biało Czerwoni!
Would be nice to see both Kuba and Milik start but Nawalka said their not ready for 90 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if he started Kownacki instead of one of them.

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Yah that is a good observation Chris, espeically since Kownacki played against Nigeria.

I don't think we can start the most experienced mid/strikers at once, because we need quality subs that can change the dynamic of the game - and my guess is that Kuba and Milik can fit that bill.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 am

*Chris* wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 pm
Pulaski wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Would be nice to see both Kuba and Milik start but Nawalka said their not ready for 90 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if he started Kownacki instead of one of them.
I don't mind Kownacki starting and Kuba getting subbed in. I still think Milik and Lewy need to start up front. They play well together.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Here are some of my thoughts... long twitter thread... couldn't be bothered to re-post messages and graphics here haha

LMK what you guys think.

Focus

Post by Focus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:59 pm

The only thing I don't want to see is Piszczek being wasted in the back 3 again, makes no sense to make him one of the CB's.

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm

I really like your analysis and it's really good breakdown.

Good to have you for the World Cup Piotr. Legend.

Adrian.

*Chris*
First Team
First Team

Post by *Chris* » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Can't access twitter from work - I'll check it out from home Piotr.

As for Poland-Chile. As much as I like Nawalka, he doesn't know how to keep a lead.

- Winning 1-0 with Swiss, game ends 1-1 (we win in PKs)
- Winning 1-0 with Portugal, game ends 1-1 (we lose in PKs)
- Winning 2-0 with Kazakhstan, game ends 2-2
- Winning 3-0 with Denmark, game ends 3-2
- Winning 2-0 with Montenegro, goes to 2-2, then Lewy turns in to beast mode and wins us the game 4-2
- Winning 2-0 with South Korea, goes to 2-2, Zielinski buries a beauty in the 90th minute to win the game 3-2.
- Winning 2-0 with Chile, game ends 2-2

It frustrates me to see Nawalka trying to park the bus when we're winning and playing well. The problem with his bus is it's full of holes.

Bielawa

Post by Bielawa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 pm

*Chris* wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:32 pm

As for Poland-Chile. As much as I like Nawalka, he doesn't know how to keep a lead.

- Winning 2-0 with Montenegro, goes to 2-2, then Lewy turns in to beast mode and wins us the game 4-2
- Winning 2-0 with South Korea, goes to 2-2, Zielinski buries a beauty in the 90th minute to win the game 3-2.

It frustrates me to see Nawalka trying to park the bus when we're winning and playing well. The problem with his bus is it's full of holes.
Well said

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 pm

*Chris* wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Its the mentality of the team. They lose their concentration when sitting back after a lead. Team needs to learn to keep their cool.

I forgot Lewy scored 1st vs Portugal. Now I remember how exciting that was and a real possibility Poland advancing to the next round but it didnt happen. Portugal won it all :?

nero_on_acid

Post by nero_on_acid » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:16 am

This has been the mentality of every Polish squad since I can remember (mid 90s). They take the lead and suddenly it's job done. However, under Nawalka, it's an extremely frustrating strategy. I guess the starting eleven options are limited and he wants to save energy. But the performance against Portugal was ridiculous. To score in the 2nd minute and start defending that one goal lead against CR7 of all people, was shocking.

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:18 pm

My confidence is beginning to wane a little having considered everything.
The squad looks very weak now, gone is Glik which means straight away we are going to be relying on Pazdan , never a good thing he is always an accident waiting to happen, added to that he will have a rookie by his side, and to top it off, Rybus is absolutely NOT a left back, he cannot defend for toffee,

With the defence in mind that means we will be concede goals in probably every game,of course that means we will need to score goals Lewy aside im scratching my head thinking where from?
Zielinski has to more for me, i know he is young , but in a team like ours he has to be playing 100% , he drifts out of games far my liking, the game on thurs being a prime example.
Grosicki? Not for me sorry, hes blowing out of his arse after 25mins for crying out loud, he is UNFIT and although he can produce occasionally 90% of the time hes clueless!!
Milik looks decidedly average , linetty who for some bizarre reason nawalka likes, krychowiak is more interested in taking selfies, the list of problems is endless, its really not a good situation.
I dont know what the solutions are, i m not sure if im honest there are any,if i were Nawalka i would be trying out Kownacki on tues, Milik is not firing, at all, Grosicki looks unfit (and hes really not very good anyway)and kuba is past his best b some distance, give the kid a try, he looks loaded with potential.
All in all i'd suggest if we do get through the group stage it will be down to Senegal and japan being poor rather than us being good.
The reoccuring problem we have is the polish league continues to be weak, like english championship standard, and thats been the case for decades, until this changes the NT will never be a level in the top 10 of europe, no matter what the fifa rankings tell you.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:14 pm

We must keep in mind that other nations also have their own issues and weaknesses. This isnt club football which allows you to essentially hand pick players to plug holes

Conceeding a goal in every match is a great point and very likely

Senegal will be hit or miss. Japan will be consistently average.