World Cup 2018 Draw

Talk about the Polish national team
nero_on_acid

Re: World Cup 2018 Draw

Post by nero_on_acid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:24 am

Its between us and Colombia for first place. We will beat Senegal and Japan. Then next round most likely either England or Belgium. Both are beatable, although would prefer to play England. And then after that, could potentially be either Germany or Brazil. That would be amazing. Germany would be beatable. I'd say Brazil are favourites to win the entire thing though.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm

nero_on_acid wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:24 am
Its between us and Colombia for first place. We will beat Senegal and Japan. Then next round most likely either England or Belgium. Both are beatable, although would prefer to play England. And then after that, could potentially be either Germany or Brazil. That would be amazing. Germany would be beatable. I'd say Brazil are favourites to win the entire thing though.
Brazil? In Russia especially. I have Germany, Argentina & France as the clear favorites. Then Brazil & Spain.

Germany are big favorites because they bring most of their winning team back and add a ton of young talent. But I think they are a little overrated because Neuer will be returning from injury but more importantly while head and shoulders above everyone else in roster talent - the starting lineup will be a mixture of players still in their prime but getting precedence because of what they already accomplished I.E. Ozil/Gotze. If Lowe is able to put the best players on the field no matter their reputation I.E Sane/Goretzka then Germany should win. My point being the German team is in transition and will be better at Euros 2020.

Brazil's group is one of the tougher ones. They have been a bit exposed as one dimensional relying too much on Neymar. We will see how Croatia and especially Switzerland can deal with that.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 pm
Pulaski wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 pm
No one is thinking we get out of the group... everyone loves Columbia and Senegal. Pretty crazy. We were the Pot A team. This group sucks for us. We have to play our A game...Senegal is fast as hell...and Columbia can play, look at the last world cup....I do not like this draw at all. We need Lewy and Milik to click, Zielinski needs to step up and our back 4....yikes I cringe because we are so old back there and Senegal and Columbia have crazy speed....
Ya, I know what you mean. In that case fortunately there is a 4th team in this scenario Japan and they are more than capable of playing spoiler to an over confident South America / Africa team

How do you like the order of games for us I.E. playing the pacey Africans first when we still have our legs. Then the biggest challenge in the middle and finish with calculated Japan

It just feels like 1 of the 3 favorites will lay an egg. Hopefully not us.
I do not like the order at all. It's part of the problem with the draw. I hate the fact we play Senegal first. It's basically the deciding match imo. We win, great... But a draw or loss puts us in a precarious position. Face Columbia next, and lose and we are likely finished. I would have loved to get Columbia first....then Japan and then finish with Senegal. It is what it is now. We need some friendlies against fast opponents. We historically don't match well with these types of teams. Good news is Nawalka is the best tactical coach we ever had. This team knows each other. Krychowiak will be vital...we need Milik back and gotta hope Glik and Pazdan can hold the center....

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Winning the 1st game in the group goes a long way for sure.

If we lose the first game then I dont think our players can handle the pressure in the next game because its a must win.

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:15 am

:mrgreen:

1. Mecz Inaugurujący (Mane and Balde terrorize the slow Polish back 4 and have the illiberal fascist ultra right wing Nation asking questions if maybe the current economically beneficial refugee migration from Africa to Europe could be the answer to find pace and quality on the pitch going forward - Huffington Post)

2. Mecz o Wszystko (Falcao, who according to sources locked himself in a video room to study Pauleta circa the 2002 WC on how to exploit a demoralized team, ends the dreams of the poor Eastern European Nation that hosted concentration camps and denies women emergency contraception - The Wall Street Journal)

3. Mecz Honorowy (Today God bestowed his blessings on the cultural defenders of European values in defeating the atheist Asian Nation, with the Japanese in retaliation deporting highly acclaimed Polish National Whiteboy from their soil - Breitbart News Network)
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

RyanIsaTard

Post by RyanIsaTard » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 am

Well done, JDE!

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:41 am

Our style doesn't bode well against any of the teams we drew. Senegal, Colombia, Japan are all very fast, super fit teams that can play at a very fast tempo for all 90 min. The way these tournaments work is you don't want to lose your first game, so the tempo is rather slow and teams don't want to risk attacking too much to get countered. I don't think Senegal will really come out thinking that even though we probably will. They'll take the game to us. I can see one or two game us losing a result right at the end because our players don't have the fitness level our opponents do.

Based on our current form, I see us finishing 3rd in the group but still a long way to June 19 and a lot can change.

tpolish

Post by tpolish » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:59 pm

I think a lot of "experts" will be picking Columbia, Senegal or Japan to upset Poland because we might be considered as "Overrated" to some. I almost prefer this over us being considered the favorites and crumble to pressure. I think the guys will come out with a chip on their shoulder and be ready. Past Polish teams have struggled with fast teams but that's because we weren't very good in the recent past. We played Portugal tough in the Euro's and they have arguably the fastest footballer out there.

Senegal will be fast and has a lot of European experience on their team but hopefully we come ready to play. Hopefully we can schedule some friendlies against Nigeria or Cameroon or something to get some practice in. Will be difficult no matter who we play, it's the World cup.

The one thing we have is Lewandowski in his prime. This could be his big shot to make a mark on his legacy. We just need guys to support him

Borubar

Post by Borubar » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 pm

We will be playing Nigeria, South Korea, Chile and Lithuania in our last friendlies in March/May according to the latest misja futbol episode. All those teams obviously reflect our opposition in our WC group with Lithuania a last test for filler material in the 23 player squad.

Nigeria is 99% finalized while the other opponents are still up in the air.
Italy was also asking to play a friendly with us for Gigis farewell game but since we only play in Polska they declined.
Saudi Arabia also wants to play us even wanting to pay pzpn but since we dont have any middle eastern teams and they are shite I think it will fall through.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Hilarious JDE. Funniest I've ever read on here.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 pm