Theoretical Question - All Polish Players on One EK team

Talk about the Polish national team
karny9

Theoretical Question - All Polish Players on One EK team

Post by karny9 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Had a conversation about this recently and was wondering what you guys thought:

If All the Polish born players were on one EK team, for example a Legia or a Wisla, do you think it would help our chances in qualifiers based on how well they knew each other?

I assume the team would qualify for Champions League regularly each year as well, how well do you guys think they'd do in the group stage?

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Re: Theoretical Question - All Polish Players on One EK team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Ask Ukraine how it has worked out for them.

Over the past 10 or so years, majority of their national team has been playing together on either Dinamo Kiev or Shaktar Donetsk.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:11 pm

karny9 wrote:Had a conversation about this recently and was wondering what you guys thought:

If All the Polish born players were on one EK team, for example a Legia or a Wisla, do you think it would help our chances in qualifiers based on how well they knew each other?

I assume the team would qualify for Champions League regularly each year as well, how well do you guys think they'd do in the group stage?
It would be a good idea but all the good Polish born players leave the league as soon as their talent/potential is shown.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 pm

No it wouldnt be a good idea.

What you would want is have them spread out in EK in like 3-4 clubs so that they can compete with each other as well as play with new players from time to time.

It would get stale in the league if all the best Polish players played for 1 EK team.

German league is the best example to use. They have their best players spread out and most players on the NT come from the German league.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:19 am

We saw this with Widzew and Legia in the 90's. The national team back then consisted mainly of players form the 2 clubs plus the few foreign based players we had. Both Widzew and Legia tasted European competition as the CL was still only for Champions and a much fairer and more interesting competition. The national team however, was woeful. Some argue that it was more due to the fact that players treated the kadra as a free holiday and a reason to party with their mates rather than anything serious. Could be true as we did have some very good players back then but could never string as much as 2-3 wins together.

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:13 am

I think you could have success at the international level either way. The Czech model of the mid 90s to early millennium had them playing pretty well and their best players were spread out a bit abroad. But I think having a solid world beater league is probably better in terms of consistency - I am thinking Germany here.

I like what Norespect has alluded to here though - professionalism. I don't think Poland is known for that at all...less this last Euro maybe. I think it plays an important role either way.

I think for now, most of our players will still be going abroad - the salary differences are just too high (and really amplified in sports). As long as the EU holds, that's the direction. I really wish we would have a better league...some other poor countries have been successful (i.e. I think the Portuguese have done really well with their clubs and showcasing their players).

*We'll see what the future holds, if anyone of you become rich you must by a football club in Poland and make it good :)

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:16 am

Yea it comes down to professionalism and giving a shit otherwise all the talent you have goes to waste.