Polska vs Portugal

Talk about the Polish national team
Piotrkol1

Re: Polska vs Portugal

Post by Piotrkol1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:07 am

The general trend seems to be that we score the first goal and then turn it off for the rest of the match. Its a very risky proposition trying to win back-to-back games on penalties, just ask Costa Rica from the last World Cup. We were done in by the fact that we couldn't score more than once. Its most disappointing because of the opportunity we had with such a soft bracket. Results wise this is the best they've done in my lifetime though, so far that I'm grateful.
milicz wrote:I don't see anyone with a brain predicting a Portuguese win. We're the favorites, we've played solid
Reading through the posts, there was just way too much optimism IMO. This might not be the best Portuguese team, but they've still got Ronaldo, Nani, and a recent history of advancing in major tournaments. Neither of our wins were exactly "comprehensive" either, so Portugal were definitely slight favorites at least.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 am

Marcinski thoughts

- First things first, I love this team and I am so proud of the boys. They made Polska proud and put us back on the Football map. We have a bright future going forward. Our group in qualifying for WC 2018 is essentially Denmark. So can't wait for this crop with (assuming) Nawalka back. The future is not bright it is here soon!

- Disappointing to lose and Ronaldo doesn't score. We again relied too much on our center defense and played too far back - TOO EARLY in the match. Our counter attack disappeared late in the game (Again). We had amazing creativity early on but late it seemed we were out of imagination.

But Robert scored which would have haunted him otherwise and although it was difficult seeing Kuba be the guy that "cost us" he is strong enough to take it and I hope and believe we see him again in the next tournament :naughty:

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:05 am

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:07 am

lewandowskielbasa wrote:Marcinski thoughts

- First things first, I love this team and I am so proud of the boys. They made Polska proud and put us back on the Football map. We have a bright future going forward. Our group in qualifying for WC 2018 is essentially Denmark. So can't wait for this crop with (assuming) Nawalka back. The future is not bright it is here soon!

- Disappointing to lose and Ronaldo doesn't score. We again relied too much on our center defense and played too far back - TOO EARLY in the match. Our counter attack disappeared late in the game (Again). We had amazing creativity early on but late it seemed we were out of imagination.

But Robert scored which would have haunted him otherwise and although it was difficult seeing Kuba be the guy that "cost us" he is strong enough to take it and I hope and believe we see him again in the next tournament :naughty:
Agree with much of what you have said.

It does very much appear that we go back into our shell as soon as we score, I felt that Portugal were there for the taking but we were perhaps too afraid to conceded.

Glad Robert scored, Gregorz had a great game and Milik was way too quiet.

Here's to the WC qualifiers. :poland: :poland: :poland:

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:48 am

I just hope nawalka will take more chances going forward.
I'm not sure the exact analytics with Boruc vs Fabianski saving penalties, but I'm sure Boruc is a little better @ them, also the fact Fabianski didn't guess correctly vs the Swiss. I think Nawalka got this wrong but otherwise did a decent job.
I'm.wondering if any of the reporters asked him this exact thing?

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:56 am

I for one am proud of this team and I am proud to be Polish after this tournament. Like Boniek said, we were no longer a tourist at a big tournament, we fought with the best eye to eye and this will give us huge confidence and determination going forward. Just think psychologically what playing at such a tournament in the QF gives the 'fusy' or EK and young players on this team, it's tremendous.

Regarding the Portugal game personally I think we risked too little and expected too much. PK's are always a lottery and just like you can win one day, you can lose the next. I think we had the legs and heart to push for a second goal, and even Krychowiak said after the game they could've done more. I can only think the reasoning behind not throwing more players forward was they eventually would be too tired to defend a Port. counter-attack, perhaps that was the case in ET, but late into the 2nd half I would've taken the risk against a shaky Portuguese defense.

In terms of our individual players, the positive surprises for me are:
-Pazdan
-Jedza
-Fabianski (he's a solid keeper, but still surprised me w/ his consistency)
-Kuba

Disappointments:
-Milik
-Maczynski (shocker)
-Lewy (to an extent)
-Piszczek

Generally speaking though we can look optimistically into the near future for WC qualifying which starts in two months. We have to find a CM, this is essential. Krycho is a great player but that's not his role, he needs an offensive minded player next to him for us to be successful. Rybus will be back at LB, but even having Jedza there is not a huge downgrade, just perhaps a more defensive one. Our second CB alongside Glik to me is still an open discussion even though Pazdan had a great tournament, how long can he keep up this form? We didn't get to see Salamon at the Euros so his real worth is still unknown. With Rybus and Wszolek back, our bench will be stronger for the next games. We still have a little ways to go before being a complete team, but we are definitely closer than we ever have been in my lifetime.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:48 am

Baby steps...

Blaszczykowski and Poland must move on

http://www.espnfc.com/team/poland/471/b ... ootout-woe

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:50 am

Espn isn't relevant. Anyway why is your disappointment Piszczek? He was one of our core players
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:53 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:Espn isn't relevant. Anyway why is your disappointment Piszczek? He was one of our core players
You took the bait and argued in the comment section :D

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:54 pm

polskaforever wrote:Baby steps...

Please dont post Ryab Hubbard shit on here, please I beg you. I cant stand this guy! The self proclaiming Polish expert after watching 2 polish soccer games, I cant believe this guy thinks he knows what our Polish team is all about.

I still remember on twitter asking him how he could possible be an expert after watching a couple of games? This guy then went on to create a polish/english ekstraklasa website and then attempted to get credentials to every soccer game Poland played. I loved seeing him beg newspapers to publish his write ups about Polish players and teams for English papers.

Now, hes writing a book. I cant handle this guy...I am sure its going to be a best seller.

I am still fkkn bitter about the loss, I dont even want to watch anymore soccer.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:03 pm

jastkowice wrote:

Please dont post Ryab Hubbard shit on here, please I beg you. I cant stand this guy! The self proclaiming Polish expert after watching 2 polish soccer games, I cant believe this guy thinks he knows what our Polish team is all about.

I still remember on twitter asking him how he could possible be an expert after watching a couple of games? This guy then went on to create a polish/english ekstraklasa website and then attempted to get credentials to every soccer game Poland played. I loved seeing him beg newspapers to publish his write ups about Polish players and teams for English papers.

Now, hes writing a book. I cant handle this guy...I am sure its going to be a best seller.

I am still fkkn bitter about the loss, I dont even want to watch anymore soccer.
What has he said wrong? Just wondering cause i don't really read much of what he posts.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:14 pm

jastkowice wrote:
:shock:

What?

Im so excited for the future of the NT

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Definitely watching Germany vs Italy tomorrow. I've watched a-lot of Bayern and well German qualifying too

Probably miss Sundays game - hit the water for 4th of July weekend

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 pm

polskaforever wrote:
jastkowice wrote:

What?

I don't want to watch euros now...

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 pm

polskaforever wrote:
jastkowice wrote:

What?

Hope is not the same future that Greece had.

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:51 pm

BRAWO poles :)
Have to say the team has really made me happy in this competition - they played FAR better than i expected.
We are of course not a world class team, BUT we DO have two WORLD class players in lewy and krychowiak.,Krychowiak is, in my opinion the best polish player we have seen for some 20 years, the fact he is going to PSG says everything, the boy is class.
Lewy, dont let ANYONE say he was poor in this comp, he was fantastic, his hold up play and intelligence is really nice to see, i must confess, i was a doubter, but not anymore, he is our leader and a great one at that.
A quick mention for some of the others,
Glik- excellent comp, real rock at the back and really reminds me of zmuda (yes i am that old).
Kuba- Again, a fanbtastic comp, played like a true warrior,and he is a very good player, i bear no ill kuba for the penalty, you are a hero in my eyes for your performances.
Fabianski- again, an excellent comp, never looked fazed and made some great saves along the way,another hero.
Pazdan, he did FARRRRRRRR better than i imagined he could, he has limitations for sure and probs would have benefited by escaping from our scrub league, but all in all,against all my expectations, he was fantastic.
milik, this is a tricky one but im mind ful of the young age of arek,technically arek is a very very good player, his vision and ability is there for all to see, im hoping he goes to a better league than Holland as i genuinally think a better team/coach will bring out the best of arek and improve his potential where it matters(for poland of course).He missed some good chances on the journey but again, all things considered, i think he did well an he for sure the ability to become a star.
Im finding it hard to leave players out as i thought they all played well,i dont want to hate on maczynski as he did his best out there in all the games but if i were to be honest, he is one of the weak links,(and we actually dont have many at the moment)! If we could just find ONE more classy mid to partner krychowiak we would be really in business!
Grosicki, again this is a tricky one for me, he has pace and he made some excellent crosses during the tourny but he is also incredibly wasteful at times, and thats the big problem, he is just not consistent enough for me and can look at times quite amateurish .
The full backs were both excellent, occasionally they got caught out but in the main, again, good performances.

WRT the game last night, we missed a trick at 1-0 im afraid.We did as we did against the swiss and sat back, a second would have been absolutely devastating for the portuguese, i understand why they sat back from a technical point of view but imho they should have gone for the jugular, we didnt and they got the goal, and the pattern was set, the counter attack set up was used.
Funnily enough as the game went on i sensed they were tired and we were getting stronger, again we missed a trcick, esp int o extra time, i understand both teams were edgy and very tired but esp as extra time went on we were beginning the get well on top,again, dont want to be harsh but thats my op.
Nawalka, good job, most sucsessful polish coach for many years,goood job, called it mainly spot on, a little slow in making changes at times but all in all thumbs up from me.

At last, after 30 years of pain i can face the brits and say yes, poles have a decent side,an honest hard working team who can tie with Germany and Portugal in a major comp is a great feeling, i think we are 1 or 2 players short of being a pretty major force in world football again.

Focus

Post by Focus » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:58 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:Espn isn't relevant. Anyway why is your disappointment Piszczek? He was one of our core players
Piszczek was solid all tournament, not sure what these guys are talking about.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:18 am

A very good write up, how anyone could argue with this article is beyond me....