Polska vs Portugal

Talk about the Polish national team
polskaforever

Re: Polska vs Portugal

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:37 pm

from TSN

Poland

Key Stat: Only one goal conceded in more than 300 minutes.

Strength: Solid Spine. The team has excellent shape in a 4-4-2, and is particularly strong through the middle of the field. Michal Pazdan and Kamil Glik have been a top centre-back pairing, while Grzegorz Krychowiak is as steady as they come in the holding role. They are resolute in defending and show impressive discipline (11 fouls committed per game).

Weakness: Secondary Scoring. There is a lack of creativity through the midfield, particularly down the middle. That often leaves the attack duo of Robert Lewandowski and Arkadiusz Milik isolated. They need better service and support in attacking positions to get the most out of the pair. Three goals at Euro — two scored by Jakub Blaszczykowski — isn’t good enough.

Portugal

Key Stat: Cristiano Ronaldo has a tournament high 34 shots.

Strength: Pragmatic Approach. We have seen four different Portugal teams and different performances. Manager Fernando Santos has brought defensive discipline to the team, standing as the only consistency. They are difficult to break down and are prepared to play ugly when they have to. It’s the sacrifice by top players to play the way the coach demands that makes this group dangerous.

Weakness: Playing Not to Lose. The team has yet to win over 90 minutes at the tournament. They played it safe in their last two matches and were allowed to commit 28 fouls to kill any momentum in the game against Croatia. Another referee may have not been so lenient. Perhaps an inability to consistently finish in front of goal has them playing conservative/defensive at times. Or perhaps it’s merely the touch of Santos.

Key Matchup

Lewandowski vs. Pepe. The Bayern Munich man scored 42 goals in 51 club games on the season, yet hasn’t found the mark in this tournament. Eight shots in four games illustrate his struggles to get involved. The match-up against Pepe is intriguing, as the Portuguese centre-half has played very well and regularly frustrated opponents. Jose Fonte looks to be a better partner alongside Pepe than 38-year-old Ricardo Carvalho. The duo will undoubtedly force other Polish players to beat them, forcing Lewandowski deep to get involved with the play.

Prediction: Poland 2-1 in extra time

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Great breakdown! Thanks!
- The future benevolent military dictator of Poland

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:08 pm

whoa, a milicz sighting!
good to see you, kolego ;)

speaking truth as per usual, i see...
milicz wrote:
PolishPrancer wrote:Whoa whoa favorites? Did you see our 2nd half vs the Swiss this is knockout phase football Portugal arent playing like Austria in group stages they've gotten this far and still have the likes of CR and Nani who can create something out of nothing
Yes, I did. I have rewatched the match twice now. I was much harsher in my initial reaction than I think I should have been. We made a tactical decision to protect the lead, and we executed it well. We would have most likely won in regulation if not for a spectacular goal. Once the Swiss scored we didn't melt down, we tightened our grip on the game until the 90 minute whistle. In extra time we clearly lost steam, but both teams had two solid half chances to score in extra time. I think this was caused in part by the fact that we played in the sun with 48 hours less rest (or maybe Switzerland just has fitter players). Our fatigue was clearly visible.
PolishPrancer wrote: Croatia were successfully closed down by Portugal it doesnt matter how lucky of a win it was. Nani and Ronaldo will track back in defense to cover Grosik Kuba. If we play our game and a consistent attack, solid defense which plays good opening passes for a FULL 90 minutes then we have a chance
I've watched every Portugal match, they've looked like garbage. They looked like garbage against Croatia. They've given up 4 goals and they're not very cohesive. I think they're going to be playing for penalties. Also, Ronaldo does not track back.

We played probably our best half of soccer in the last 2 years against the Swiss. Let's not forget that. If we do that again against an old and decrepit Portuguese backline maybe we can flip that scoreline from 2002 we had with them.

All that being said, yes, we could lose. If we don't finish the chances up front that I know we'll create and Ronaldo has one or two magic moments that could be the game. Still we have our own star in Lewandowski who once put in 4 against a Ronaldo team.

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:18 am

After watching the Swiss game, what sense does it make to play not to lose? If you are up by a goal doesn't it make sense to keep attacking like mad men? The second half of that game frustrated me. I think that tactic is why the Swiss were able to tie us in regulation. I know we advanced but, wouldn't we rather win in regulation than have to go to penalty kicks? :shrug:

jacekplacek

Post by jacekplacek » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:18 am

polskaforever wrote:Portugal can look garbage but their players have lots of talent and experience in tournaments that even when they play shit they can still manage to win it somehow. Portugal without a win in group stages still managed to progress...

Individual talent means f all if you can't play as a cohesive unit. England/Iceland is a prime example, heck... England has always been an example of this.

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:34 am

"heck... England has always been an example of this."..... :lol:

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:28 am

Chmielewski wrote:After watching the Swiss game, what sense does it make to play not to lose? If you are up by a goal doesn't it make sense to keep attacking like mad men? The second half of that game frustrated me. I think that tactic is why the Swiss were able to tie us in regulation. I know we advanced but, wouldn't we rather win in regulation than have to go to penalty kicks? :shrug:
I was also pissed at this but we can't attack if we have problems holding up the ball. Our pressing dropped and we had no gas left in the tank, we only attacked through the wing, primarily Grosicki side and many times it was a bad ball or it was intercepted. Nawalka used subs very late and it made it worse.

Looking back at that game he could if subbed off Gro for Wawyrziak and solidied our wing defense instead of chaotic peszko. Same thing on the other side I would of brought in cionek good speed and can cover.

I hope Nawalka learned his lesson he needs to use players properly even the ones sitting on the bench. We should see kapustka today just don't know when.

Do Bojuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:26 am

Kaputska is an exciting player and now that the yellow cards are gone, he could be a difference maker today. Viva la Polska! Made some golobki for today's game it'll taste alot better with a victory.

dominikm86

Post by dominikm86 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:04 am

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/s ... e30696766/

This guy cares so little about this game that he had to write an article about it for the Globe and Mail.

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 am

Sounds like sour grapes from a closet England fan. :lol: Crybaby biznitch.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:32 am

dominikm86 wrote:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/s ... e30696766/

This guy cares so little about this game that he had to write an article about it for the Globe and Mail.
I couldn't give a rats arse what he thinks, I would rather win boring than lose being exciting, this is about making it to the next rounds, nothing else. Polska has a handful of great players and for us to perform like some circus act and win would require a team possessing far more world class players than we currently have. You need a solid defence and by the loons of it, ours is one of the best. :D :poland:

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Robertski wrote:

I couldn't give a rats arse what he thinks, I would rather win boring than lose being exciting, this is about making it to the next rounds, nothing else. Polska has a handful of great players and for us to perform like some circus act and win would require a team possessing far more world class players than we currently have. You need a solid defence and by the looks of it, ours is one of the best. :D :poland:

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Robertski wrote:
Robertski wrote:

I couldn't give a rats arse what he thinks, I would rather win boring than lose being exciting, this is about making it to the next rounds, nothing else. Polska has a handful of great players and for us to perform like some circus act and win would require a team possessing far more world class players than we currently have. You need a solid defence and by the looks of it, ours is one of the best. :D :poland:

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Polska is aka Greece 1996. LETS DO THIS! ZAWSZE WIERNI POLSKA!!!!

Crewture

Post by Crewture » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Not that I don't think all three players will have better offers after the tournament. But, just giving other fans something to watch today and possibly throwing the idea out there. http://www.crewture.net/2016/06/63016-b ... -crew.html

Team checks out my website, have had Kei Kamara for example leave a tweet. So, can't hurt.

2-0 Polska.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Pulaski wrote:Polska is aka Greece 1996. LETS DO THIS! ZAWSZE WIERNI POLSKA!!!!

Greece 04...
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Borubar

Post by Borubar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 pm

ME: Składy na mecz Polska - Portugalia

Selekcjonerzy reprezentacji Polski Adam Nawałka oraz Portugalii Fernando Santos ogłosili składy na dzisiejszy mecz 1/4 finału mistrzostw Europy (Marsylia, 21:00).

Polska: 22. Łukasz Fabiański - 20. Łukasz Piszczek, 15. Kamil Glik, 2. Michał Pazdan, 3. Artur Jędrzejczyk - 16. Jakub Błaszczykowski, 10. Grzegorz Krychowiak, 5. Krzysztof Mączyński, 7. Arkadiusz Milik, 11. Kamil Grosicki - 9. Robert Lewandowski.

Rezerwowi: 1. Wojciech Szczęsny, 12. Artur Boruc - 4. Thiago Cionek, 6. Tomasz Jodłowiec, 8. Karol Linetty, 13. Mariusz Stępiński, 14. Jakub Wawrzyniak, 17. Sławomir Peszko, 18. Bartosz Salamon, 19. Piotr Zieliński, 21. Bartosz Kapustka, 23. Filip Starzyński.

Portugalia: 1. Rui Patrício - 21. Cédric Soares, 3. Pepe, 4. José Fonte, 19. Eliseu - 10. João Mário, 23. Adrien Silva, 14. William Carvalho, 16. Renato Sanches - 17. Nani, 7. Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rezerwowi: 12. Anthony Lopes, 22. Eduardo - 2. Bruno Alves, 5. Raphaël Guerreiro, 6. Ricardo Carvalho, 8. João Moutinho, 9. Éder, 11. Vieirinha, 13. Danilo Pereira, 15. André Gomes, 18. Rafa Silva, 20. Quaresma.

http://www.90minut.pl/news/267/news2674 ... galia.html

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:34 pm

I think we could/should have pressed for a second goal, but we were more interested in not conceding. We have Portugal some opportunities in the second half, but we're the better team in extra time. I thought Portugal would play for penalties and they did.
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:07 am

ironic how the games vs Swiss and Ukes we were outplayed and won still.. yet we outplay
the Porcs and lose.

shame. :evil:

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:53 am