Polska vs Portugal

Talk about the Polish national team
MG

Re: Polska vs Portugal

Post by MG » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:18 pm

I think Nawałka will take a lot of the tactics for Thursday's game from those 2 games when Poland tied and beat Portugal under Leo Beenhaker and I'm confident they will work again because Portugal still plays pretty similarly to then and Poland has better players then at that point. So I'm sticking with my 2-1 Polish victory in normal time.

Focus

Post by Focus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:40 pm

We have to play smart, counter attacking football. We can't let them counter on us, they're too deadly. I'm excited for this game and can see a 2-1 either way and if Milik and Lewy finish their chances like they usually do, we should win!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Focus wrote:We have to play smart, counter attacking football. We can't let them counter on us, they're too deadly. I'm excited for this game and can see a 2-1 either way and if Milik and Lewy finish their chances like they usually do, we should win!
This!

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:37 pm

I don't see anyone with a brain predicting a Portuguese win. We're the favorites, we've played solid, Portugal has not. If we lose it will come down to us not finishing chances the way Croatia did. This should be a 3-1 statement game, not saying it will be, but it should be.
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 pm

milicz wrote:I don't see anyone with a brain predicting a Portuguese win. We're the favorites, we've played solid, Portugal has not. If we lose it will come down to us not finishing chances the way Croatia did. This should be a 3-1 statement game, not saying it will be, but it should be.
I love this Milicz and I really hope we can start scoring. Fkk it, I ll take another Kuba goal and call it a day. Our team needed a rest and they got 4 days which I hope is enough and hopefully everyone will be ready to go, including Nawalka with some great tactics.

We have one of the best tandoms in European football Milik and Lewy, but now we need them to hit every single chance they get. I read a quick note about Portguals defense they are very old, sure they are good but very old. I want to see TurboGrosik and Kuba running down the flanks like madmen!

This....
- Defensywa Portugalii to najsłabsza formacja w tym zespole. W tym upatruje pan szansy dla nas na korzystny wynik?
BOGUSŁAW KACZMAREK:
- Tak. Chciałbym zwrócić uwagę na wiek portugalskich defensorów. Ricardo Carvalho ma 38 lat, Pepe, Eliseu i Fonte - 33 lata, Bruno Alves - 35 lat, Vierinha - 30 lat. Po stracie piłki mają problem z odbiorem i przechwytem piłki. Popełniają błędy w pojedynkach jeden na jeden. Każdy detal powinien być skrupulatnie rozpatrzony. W pojedynku z Portugalczykami nie będzie naszym piłkarzom łatwo, ale jeżeli unikniemy prostych błędów, to półfinał jest bardzo blisko, w zasięgu ręki.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:06 am

milicz wrote:I don't see anyone with a brain predicting a Portuguese win. We're the favorites, we've played solid, Portugal has not. If we lose it will come down to us not finishing chances the way Croatia did. This should be a 3-1 statement game, not saying it will be, but it should be.

Whoa whoa favorites? Did you see our 2nd half vs the Swiss this is knockout phase football Portugal arent playing like Austria in group stages they've gotten this far and still have the likes of CR and Nani who can create something out of nothing

Croatia were successfully closed down by Portugal it doesnt matter how lucky of a win it was. Nani and Ronaldo will track back in defense to cover Grosik Kuba. If we play our game and a consistent attack, solid defense which plays good opening passes for a FULL 90 minutes then we have a chance
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

milicz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by milicz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:42 am

PolishPrancer wrote:Whoa whoa favorites? Did you see our 2nd half vs the Swiss this is knockout phase football Portugal arent playing like Austria in group stages they've gotten this far and still have the likes of CR and Nani who can create something out of nothing
Yes, I did. I have rewatched the match twice now. I was much harsher in my initial reaction than I think I should have been. We made a tactical decision to protect the lead, and we executed it well. We would have most likely won in regulation if not for a spectacular goal. Once the Swiss scored we didn't melt down, we tightened our grip on the game until the 90 minute whistle. In extra time we clearly lost steam, but both teams had two solid half chances to score in extra time. I think this was caused in part by the fact that we played in the sun with 48 hours less rest (or maybe Switzerland just has fitter players). Our fatigue was clearly visible.
PolishPrancer wrote: Croatia were successfully closed down by Portugal it doesnt matter how lucky of a win it was. Nani and Ronaldo will track back in defense to cover Grosik Kuba. If we play our game and a consistent attack, solid defense which plays good opening passes for a FULL 90 minutes then we have a chance
I've watched every Portugal match, they've looked like garbage. They looked like garbage against Croatia. They've given up 4 goals and they're not very cohesive. I think they're going to be playing for penalties. Also, Ronaldo does not track back.

We played probably our best half of soccer in the last 2 years against the Swiss. Let's not forget that. If we do that again against an old and decrepit Portuguese backline maybe we can flip that scoreline from 2002 we had with them.

All that being said, yes, we could lose. If we don't finish the chances up front that I know we'll create and Ronaldo has one or two magic moments that could be the game. Still we have our own star in Lewandowski who once put in 4 against a Ronaldo team.
Nie chce mi się z tobą gadać.
You do not make sense you idiot. Please stop posting, or I'll kill you.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:50 am

Portugal can look garbage but their players have lots of talent and experience in tournaments that even when they play shit they can still manage to win it somehow. Portugal without a win in group stages still managed to progress...

Also Portugal players dont get panic attacks like our players do.

They are a better team than the Swiss too.

Poland has played more stronger opponents than Portugal so far and maybe that could help us overcome them,

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 am

All in all ill just add that the Portugeuse team is exactly who we want to be playing at this stage of the tournament. They're not a world class team but a mediocre powerhouse with less soul than Polska. We always play well against mediocre "powerhouses".
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:53 am

:D :D

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:14 am

Love your optimism, but back on earth, Portugal ARE the favourites, it does not mean I THINK they will win I DONT, I think 2 - 1 Polska, but this will be a tough game, make no bones about it.. :poland: :poland:

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 am

Oh yeah because not finishing our chances is so uncharacteristic of us in this tourny.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:55 am

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:

Oh yeah because not finishing our chances is so uncharacteristic of us in this tourny.

Kuba has finished all his chances!! We getting results even if it's ugly, we are still playing better than ever.

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 am

https://twitter.com/maciej31rybus/statu ... 4539323392

Rybus pissing me off this morning. We need him more than ever now. He could of stayed on the team and been a super sub for the last 20 min of a game. Instead we have to put in Peszko.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:59 am

Kuba will score again...and we will miraculously go through.
might take pks again. Who cares. Winning is winning. Just ask England.
Pazdan and glik will hold down the fort and Krychowiak will continue
to impress. Need a Lewy or Milik goal to really gain some momentum.
Polska! BIAŁO CZERWONI! !!

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am

1-0 Polska!

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:21 am

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:30 am

I have a strong feeling Pepe will foul Lewy in the box and he'll get a penalty. Just knowing Pepe and seeing how Lewy has been drawing so many fouls it's almost inevitable.

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:53 am

I hope lewy scores nutmegging Pepe in the process

Chmielewski

Post by Chmielewski » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:10 am

I'm pretty new to soccer. Here in the states, we haven't had much to be excited about. Getting to the semis against Argentina was nice, but the azz beating was painful. I have been following the Polish Nat'l team since the last FIFA matches and it's exciting to finally see a strong team. I was happy with the nil to nil draw against the krauts considering what we were up against. Milk has been irritating to watch because of all the launched strikes going way over the goal (especially within the first 30 sec of the Swiss game :evil: ) Is this the best matchup we could have hoped for against Portugal? Why? curious noob here.
- The future benevolent military dictator of Poland