Polska vs Portugal

Talk about the Polish national team
Robertski

Polska vs Portugal

Post by Robertski » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:32 pm

So here it is, the quarter finals up against arguably the worlds best player in Ronaldo. This is the one I was hoping for but not expecting, This is when we need Lewandowski to show why he is rated as one of the best strikers in the world. This is a game that we need Milik to show the world what he can really do it. The defensive side of our team has carried us through so far but we need our best talents up front to join the party.

In todays games Poland covered 137.4 km - Portugal have covered 145.4 km so both teams will be in the same physical state as the other. I don't want to have Ronaldo running at us over and over again without our strikers doing the same at the other end all it will end in tears.

Putting my faith in Rob and Milik I think a 2-1 to Poland :poland: :poland:

MG

Re: Polska vs Portugal

Post by MG » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Pretty much second all you said including the prediction 2-1 Poland with Lewandowski scoring 1 of them ... seeing the ball at the back of the net will work like magic for him!

guba1a

Post by guba1a » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Robertski wrote:So here it is, the quarter finals up against arguably the worlds best player in Ronaldo. This is the one I was hoping for but not expecting, This is when we need Lewandowski to show why he is rated as one of the best strikers in the world. This is a game that we need Milik to show the world what he can really do it. The defensive side of our team has carried us through so far but we need our best talents up front to join the party.

In todays games Poland covered 137.4 km - Portugal have covered 145.4 km so both teams will be in the same physical state as the other. I don't want to have Ronaldo running at us over and over again without our strikers doing the same at the other end all it will end in tears.

Putting my faith in Rob and Milik I think a 2-1 to Poland :poland: :poland:
I don't think it's the physical state that will benefit us because Portugal's squad has a way more balanced squad than ours....

RyanIsaTard

Post by RyanIsaTard » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Nah, Portugal team is anything but balanced. Bunch of old stars (Quaresma, Ronnie, Pepe) complimented by unproven youth. Sometimes this kind of a combination works well, but not in Portugal's case, as they have demonstrated in every game this tournament. This is a much better match-up for us than Croatia wold have been. Now that one was one seriously well balanced side.

Marty
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada

Post by Marty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:32 am

Kuba must play on the same side as Ronaldo. I know he was often playing on the left (Kuba's right) for Real, but Im not familiar with Portugal. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I could see us shutting them down defensively, but possibly failing to convert our chances.

As for balance of Portugal, I really think he meant depth, which is true.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:48 am

RyanIsaTard wrote:Nah, Portugal team is anything but balanced. Bunch of old stars (Quaresma, Ronnie, Pepe) complimented by unproven youth. Sometimes this kind of a combination works well, but not in Portugal's case, as they have demonstrated in every game this tournament. This is a much better match-up for us than Croatia wold have been. Now that one was one seriously well balanced side.
I agree this is a much more winnable game. But unless our boys up front start firing, you know Ronaldo will make chances.

MG

Post by MG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:56 am

Robertski I really think those penalty shots will help us; both to strengthen the team spirit, unity and faith in each other of the team and give an added shot of confidence to all the guys that scored most importantly for Lewandowski and Milik. That kind of a situation strengthens, unifies and brings faith to a team.

Just to add one final thought ... man did I love Krychowiak's swagger when he came up to take his shot; the pressure was all on him he could have been the first Polish shooter to miss and the goat but he came up there like it was some shot in some pick-up game with friends ... pure confidence.

Bielawa

Post by Bielawa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:08 am

MG wrote:Robertski I really think those penalty shots will help us; both to strengthen the team spirit, unity and faith in each other of the team and give an added shot of confidence to all the guys that scored most importantly for Lewandowski and Milik. That kind of a situation strengthens, unifies and brings faith to a team.

Just to add one final thought ... man did I love Krychowiak's swagger when he came up to take his shot; the pressure was all on him he could have been the first Polish shooter to miss and the goat but he came up there like it was some shot in some pick-up game with friends ... pure confidence.

Agree ..Krychowiaks swagger was awesome . I noticed once Kuba made his penalty, you can see the team celebrate a little more then the other ones before . It's almost like they all knew Krcha would smash it and win it for us . :mrgreen:

lechia27

Post by lechia27 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am

MG wrote:Robertski I really think those penalty shots will help us; both to strengthen the team spirit, unity and faith in each other of the team and give an added shot of confidence to all the guys that scored most importantly for Lewandowski and Milik. That kind of a situation strengthens, unifies and brings faith to a team.

Can't agree more. I was a bit surprised to see Lewy shooting first, as opposed to potentially closing it out, but clearly that was a great sequence to go with. And Krychowiak is pure confidence.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:50 pm

lechia27 wrote:

Can't agree more. I was a bit surprised to see Lewy shooting first, as opposed to potentially closing it out, but clearly that was a great sequence to go with. And Krychowiak is pure confidence.
Confidence is when your shooting 6th and you tell all the major Polish sport reporters that you are glad Krzycho made his shot lol. Peszko did go on to say he had made up his mind where he would kick the ball, but I think I can speak for millions of Polish people around the world that we are thankful it didnt come to that.

Speaking of PKs, I thought Piszczek was going to take it instead of Glik. Our boy Glik smashed a low hard ball beautiful. I am still shocked we are through to be honest. We really need to start playing better and better and like many of you have already said finishing our chances. Look at Germany looking like they played a warm up game, we need to get the majority of chances and press look what Hungary did to them 3 goals no problem....Polska do BOJUUUUU

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Scoring so many goals in 1 game can get you over-confident. Its not about demolishing your opponent. Its about being in control of the situation. POL cant be scared holding a 1-0 lead and sit back like that and allow the Swiss to control the situation....

Anyways,

Niepokonani od 14 lat. Prezentujemy historię meczów z Portugalią

https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/euro2016/a ... ortugalia1

Pretty even Win/Loss stats between both teams.

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:38 am

Looking at the two squads, I think we have a lot in common with Portugal. We both have a superstar that we rely on, however I think we have better supporting players such as Krychowiak, Milik, Kuba, Glik and of course our keepers in varying parts of the field. They have some young guys like Renato Sanchez that are trying to prove themselves. Overall even though Portugal are the favorites, I see this as 50/50. They key is obvious in this game and that's shutting down Ronaldo, we have to get in his head early and hope he plays like he did in the opening couple games. Kuba will be vital to tracking back and helping Piszczek on the right side. One thing we can't do is sit back on a 1-0 lead if we get it in the first half or even early in the 2nd half. in the last game Swiss had more gas in the tank since they had 2 more days of rest, this game vs. Portugal it'll be same amount of rest for both teams. We'll need a big game from Milik, Lewy I don't expect much from him since he'll be marked and fouled all day and Kuba will be helping keep track of Ronaldo on D.
I'm not making any predictions, but I really hope this is the game where all of our lines play up to their potential simultaneously, they're going to have to in order for us to win this game. Our team has so much more skill and talent than 2004 Greece, there's no reason why we have to play that boring style any longer.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:08 am

Something like this you mean?
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:11 am

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 pm

I watched the Swiss game again and again...also the PKS about 10 times lol.

I am sure everyone noticed how far we sat back and when we pressed it wasnt that high in the 2nd half, but when we did get the ball we would try to pass it to the side and then Gros would lose it, or it was a bad pass. This is our biggest flaw we need to work the ball through the middle and stay on it. We are one dimensional unfortunately.

And, am I the only one that thinks brining in Wawyrzniak would of been golden to help secure the wings instead of that brainless PESZKO! Seriously, we have a couple of players on the bench that can help. Nawalka needs to see more than just Kapustka, Peszko and Jodlo. Italy has used 22 out of 23 players this tourney thats incredible.

I hope Nawalka has a great game plan and we ride on. POLSKAAAAAAA

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Us sitting back in the 2nd half against a team like the Swiss was disappointing but we have to be realistic vs the Portuguese. All power to our guys if they can come out and possess the ball and pass it around portugal but we dont have that type of talent. I think the safer more reasonable strategy will be to sitback and counter. If you dont give Ronaldo and Nani space to run at you then you have a chance. If we press and try to attack all game vs the chops then were just asking to get countered. I'd rather win any way possible than lose pretty. We don't have individual talent to possess all game.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:14 pm

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:25 pm

karmakop wrote:Us sitting back in the 2nd half against a team like the Swiss was disappointing but we have to be realistic vs the Portuguese. All power to our guys if they can come out and possess the ball and pass it around portugal but we dont have that type of talent. I think the safer more reasonable strategy will be to sitback and counter. If you dont give Ronaldo and Nani space to run at you then you have a chance. If we press and try to attack all game vs the chops then were just asking to get countered. I'd rather win any way possible than lose pretty. We don't have individual talent to possess all game.
Agreed.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:10 am

We go into this game as bookies underdogs, I suspect Portugal are very confident, yet I believe a win for us is on the cards but we need the boys upfront to get going.

I also agree with the above, counter attack strategy will probably work best. :poland:

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Stoked for this game!!!

Going to watch it when visiting Iceland for my trip. Will be representing loud and hard :poland: :poland: :poland:
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski