Polska vs Szwajcaria

Talk about the Polish national team
Swosz

Polska vs Szwajcaria

Post by Swosz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:03 pm

This was the starting line up against Switzerland when we drew them 2-2 in 2014.

Boruc

Jedrzejczyk, Glik, Cionek, Olkowski

Jodlowiec, Krychowiak

Rybus, Zielinski, Kucharczyk

Lewandowski

MG

Re: Polska vs Szwajcaria

Post by MG » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm

I'm betting on this being the starting line up on Saturday:

Fabianski

Piszczek Glik Pazdan Jedrzejczyk

BÅ‚aszczykowski Krychowiak Maczynski Grosicki

Lewandowski Milik

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:43 pm

That line up is pretty much guaranteed. Last time we played Switzerland we were the better side, and our line up then was missing some key players.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:08 pm

That is our strongest lineup and unfortunately we dont have anyone else from the bench, but with these boys we have a legit chance. Its going to be a super tough game, will we sit back and counter, or will we press them?

I need to rewatch the swiss games to see how they play, but I am guessing we will give up possession first and then slowly start to apply some pressing and retain more possession.

Our defense needs to continue to stay in form and lets hope our offense starts to get it going. POLSKAAAAA

Piotrkol1

Post by Piotrkol1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 pm

We're much better off finishing second in the group. With how the bracket is shaping up, the bottom half looks to be a gauntlet!

MG

Post by MG » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:30 pm

I say this we'll be our 3rd 1-0 win of the tournament with Lewandowski finally getting on the score sheet.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:49 am

Poland advances ahead of Switzerland in startup ranking

http://www.thenews.pl/1/12/Artykul/2580 ... up-ranking

An annual ranking of Europe’s top 50 startup hubs saw Warsaw climb to the 14th spot, overtaking Zurich.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:01 am

jastkowice wrote:That is our strongest lineup and unfortunately we dont have anyone else from the bench, but with these boys we have a legit chance. Its going to be a super tough game, will we sit back and counter, or will we press them?

I need to rewatch the swiss games to see how they play, but I am guessing we will give up possession first and then slowly start to apply some pressing and retain more possession.

Our defense needs to continue to stay in form and lets hope our offense starts to get it going. POLSKAAAAA
Makes me laugh before the start of the Tourney Pazdan and Maczynski were public enemies number one and a pile of shite, now they are definite starters, just as well Nawalka is coach and not some of the posters. :lol: :lol:

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:13 am

We used to have to wait 4 years until the next euro game, now we wait 4 days!
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Couldn't be happier with who we have to face in the round of 16. So long as we play the way we did in the first match against NI I will be happy. Just need to constantly press and attack and always be weary of their counter-attack.
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Robertski wrote:
jastkowice wrote:That is our strongest lineup and unfortunately we dont have anyone else from the bench, but with these boys we have a legit chance. Its going to be a super tough game, will we sit back and counter, or will we press them?

Makes me laugh before the start of the Tourney Pazdan and Maczynski were public enemies number one and a pile of shite, now they are definite starters, just as well Nawalka is coach and not some of the posters. :lol: :lol:
@Robertski - Pazdan was not only out of form but in and out of injuries. He showed us that he was a liability vs Northern Ireland and looked horrendous. He couldnt complete a pass and was late in covering space and players, so what were suppose to sit back and give him praise ? cacy cacy dobry chlopak ?????

I love this team and I am super passionate about them like many other people on this forum, so I should just shut up and not say anything about players that look like shit. He has had the best 2 games of his life just now and I am happy for him, I am grateful that Nawalka went back to him and allowed him to play through his rust.

You cant sit here and tell me you knew Pazdan was going to be the breakthrough player on our defense, because he will never be as good as Glik who has been a rock for us for a while now. I hope Pazdan and Glik continue their good form and relationship.

On the other hand, Maczynski is still fkkn shit. Nothing has changed, he is just less shit than Jodlowiec and less shit than Linetty also less shit than Zielinski who again was played out of position for Nawalka and criticized for his play on the wing. Everyone one can say his passes have led to scores but I cant count a hockey pass as an assist. Who gives a fuck if you were the third guy to pass the ball to the second guy who passed it to the next guy for the score. Fkk, we are praising him for running around and making passes backwards and sideways. I really hope he has a breakthrough game as well, but like I said he is so mediocre it is sad. He is quick so he can cover space and that is the only reason he is being played, so if we are going to praise him for being able to cover some space and pass the ball to the safest option then sure I will praise him and send him a cookie.

Against, the Swiss we cant be pussies. We need to be able to take the game to them, if we sit back we will eventually get picked apart because I really dont see us playing a 3rd perfect game in the back. I cant say the UKR game was perfect in the back because we got exposed hard and looked like lost kids. Fab saved us a couple of times and we had some individual defensive efforts also Jedz got lucky and they didnt call a PK on him.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:41 pm

2 days left......I have mixed feelings about this game, i hope we are able to control the game and stay composed. WE need our offensive players to click and ensure their opportunities hit the back of the net.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Team of Tournament
CM Granit Xhaka (Switzerland)

In a somewhat functional Swiss midfield, Xhaka has provided excitement with his excellent long-range passing ability, continually hitting diagonal balls to encourage his full-backs into attack. While renowned as a fierce tackler, the new Arsenal midfielder has largely kept his discipline and used his midfield colleagues' mobility to find pockets of space to create.

jastkowice

Re:

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:30 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:Team of Tournament
CM Granit Xhaka (Switzerland)

In a somewhat functional Swiss midfield, Xhaka has provided excitement with his excellent long-range passing ability, continually hitting diagonal balls to encourage his full-backs into attack. While renowned as a fierce tackler, the new Arsenal midfielder has largely kept his discipline and used his midfield colleagues' mobility to find pockets of space to create.
So fkkkn what?? Dont they know we have Krzysztof Maczynski - he is excellent at providing back and side passes, losses the ball on the counter and hopes for Krzychowiak to have his back. Hands down the battle will be won by my personal hero Maczynski. But in all seriousness, I hope he has a great game!

Lets go!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Switzerland v Poland background
Poland have had the better of the teams' ten encounters to date with the record W4 D5 L1. Switzerland's lone victory came in a 1976 friendly in Basel (2-1).
More info here:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=201 ... background

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 pm

POLSKA favored to win.

1-0 Polska and a 4th match with no goals allowed.

If Portugal can upset Croatia....

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:22 pm

I mean pretty much everyone knows our starting lineup for this one :)
quality subs is a big concern - so we better score in the first 60 minutes....because I don't think we have anyone available that can change the game (unless Nawalka has some trick up his sleeve). Peszko is our only other fast player on the wing, so I assume he will be taking off Kuba or Grosicki at some point? I'd figure its probably Grosicki because of injury and yellow?
After that you'd think it would be d-mid and time wasting (assuming we have a go ahead goal?)

Kind of shitty Zielinski did not come through in the Ukraine game - I think it will be hard for him to get more time at euros. He has so much technical ability, but his drive looked zero that game :( [hopefully he can rebuild for our nt future]

What about Stepinski? is he too far down the pecking order for time? I thought he might have had some time last game for Milik or Lewy

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:10 am

Pulaski wrote:POLSKA favored to win.

1-0 Polska and a 4th match with no goals allowed.

If Portugal can upset Croatia....
I like this prediction the best!

Were all going off of gut feelings here, but something tells me the Swiss will play a lot more like NI did, except take a few more chances and shots on us... Everyone in this tournament knows Lewandowski needs to be defended hard with at least 2 defenders on his tail, so I won't be surprised to see a game geared by the Swiss towards more counter-attacks.
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

tpolish

Post by tpolish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:49 pm

I think I read somewhere that Switzerland is either 1st or 2nd in the Euro's in overall possession but I hope we do attack a little more and not play rope a dope all game. If Lewandowski gets an open shot, pretty confident he will take advantage this time. I like Milik and hopefully he will calm down a little but he did some good things last match.

Lewandowski has been quiet and for the Swiss so has Baby Shaq. Worried he might find a few holes with his speed. Maybe a Pazdan elbow will slow him down a little.

Just got back from Poland yesterday and not looking forward to the 6 am start here in Seattle! Was nice drinking all day in Krakow and then having the games start at 3 pm every day. Paris was fun too!

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Im so excited.. like Poland v Germany excited.