Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Talk about the Polish national team
lechia27

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by lechia27 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 pm

I disagree with the fact that you guys are criticizing Nawałka for not bringing on subs. I do remember being livid when Smuda would never make any subs, but I think Nawałka made a calculated risk and it paid off. The result is proof. Yes, guys were gassed, but had he made all his subs before extra time and someone got a cramp in that weather, we would've lost the game. Sure, it was a pain to watch everyone so tired, but hey, not too many options on the bench. Not having Kapustka hurt too. So I don't think it's fair to call Nawałka out for that. At the end of the day, it worked.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:17 pm

Are you guys retarded? Nawalka used subs in extra time. It was the right call. Stop complaining. He didnt get lucky to pks. Poland defended really well. It took a spectacular strike from the Swiss to score and for someone to finally score on us in this tournament and it was near the 90th minute mark. Thats not impressive to you in this tournament?

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:48 pm

> PolishSoccerBlog

Now that emotions have cooled off a little, it's time to analyse everything a little more coldly. In my view, Adam Nawałka was a little lucky in this tournament.

The opening match was played against a very poor, slightly shell shocked Northern Irish team. It's almost like they still couldn't believe they were there. It was by far their worst game of the tournament, and fortunately it came against Poland.

The Germans were also struggling to get in to their groove, and seem to have only started playing well after the group stage. But let's hand it to the Polish team, a draw against the world champions at a major tournament is a good result, no matter what kind of form they are in. Hey, Poland beat them in the qualifiers too - that's not something to forget too quickly either.

We all know the victory over the Ukrainians was a little fortunate, with the yellow and blue side probably deserving at least a draw and Poland having spells where they played very badly.

Against the Swiss we saw a very even match, with the Swiss probably having a little more chances to score in extra time. The Polish side began well, but after half time, right through until penalties, Switzerland were definitely the dominant team.

This is the part where I feel Nawałka showed he's not as great as people think he is. He failed to notice a key thing, that Fabiański's penalty saving is non existent. Łukasz didn't get near a single one of the Swiss penalties and it was only a stroke of luck, with Xhaka smashing his penalty high and wide, that put Poland in to the quarter final.

When Poland played Portugal, who let's be honest, have been poor throughout the tournament, I was hoping that Nawałka had saved his last substitution in order to bring Boruc on for Fabiański for the penalty shoot out. Nope, Fabiański was still in goal and once again, got nowhere near any of the penalties, going the wrong way for four of them. Did any Polish fan believe Fabiański would save any of the penalties? I know I didn't.

Don't get me wrong, Fabiański performed very well in goal during games and deserved his place in the first team, but he's the worst of the three goalkeepers in terms of penalties. Boruc has saved quite a few in his career and would have looked far more menacing in that goal. I'm sure he would have saved at least one, if not more.

Nawałka also behaved too much like Smuda, something I can't stand, because I don't rate Smuda at all. He made the exact same substitutions in exactly the same order, two games running. That shows fear and a coach who has no other ideas, just hoping that what worked before, will work again. He leaves things as they are. Smuda would do the same, he wouldn't be able to make a substitution that changed the game, he just left things as they were, sometimes not making any substitutions at all if his side were winning.

I'm not saying Nawałka is a bad coach - he has certainly achieved more than any recent coach in charge of Poland has, but let me just put it this way, I didn't feel his presence on the bench made much difference to the way Poland were playing. It's the best team we have had for a while and with the new 24 team format in the Euros, qualifying from the group stage was always going to be a huge possibility. Northern Ireland were horrible, and even they managed it. The Swiss game was lucky, the game v Portugal was probably Poland's best performance in the tournament and even that wasn't amazing, against a very poor Portuguese team. Poland really could have won that match in normal time, if they had believed it a bit more.

I'm not trying to undermine what was achieved, I just don't think that people should be putting Poland and Nawałka on too high a pedestal yet.

My main hope now is that Poland can build on this and that qualifying to these tournaments and getting out of the group stage becomes the norm. Nawałka will obviously stay on as the manager and probably get a pay rise, but qualifying for the World Cup is much more difficult than qualifying for the Euros. This campaign will show just how good Nawałka is, and personally, I have my doubts. Let's wait and see though.
Last edited by lewandowskielbasa on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:52 pm

He actually talks some sense for once.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

MG

Post by MG » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:32 am

Lewandowskielbasa I pretty much agree with most of your points I just have to add that for me Nawałka has done a good enough job to get 2 more years at the helm and the real test will be at the World Cup in Russia where the expectations will be higher then just to get out of the group stage ... at least my expectations will be higher.

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Analyst in ESPN mexico (who are practically the same latinos who are in US) are saying that Nawalka is shit, and his tactics are shit practically because he never made subs and tacticals changes in their matches, meanwhile Portugal and Swiss did and still they couldn't won in regular time, it was always in the Poland side to defining their games.

Yeah I know they don't know that our subs are shit but is also Nawalka's fault, he should have focused to bring players who are capable to play well in our NT.

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Could you imagine if we had an actual quality coach? We would be a very good team.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:07 pm

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:Could you imagine if we had an actual quality coach? We would be a very good team.
We had a quality coach in Leo Beenhakker compared to the previous Polish coaches that were hired upto that point and after he was gone the NT wasnt better off :idea: It doesnt guarantee success.

Nawalka took over a team that would lose after the first 15-20mins of action and fall apart. Players didnt know what they were doing on the field and no collective unity. Im not saying Nawalka is so perfect but he continued the success he had in EURO qualifying, then groups then KO then QTRs. Nawalka did it without key players he lost to injuries before the tourney.

I cant believe you guys are complaining about him. You guys finally got to see Poland make it out of groups and go pretty far.

For the 1st time in a long time there is more real optimism with the NT because we went far.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:13 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:> PolishSoccerBlog
His presence on the bench had no effect on the way the team was playing :?:

How did the players then all of a sudden play so well defensively (that confidence :mrgreen: ) and not lose a game in regulation time during the tourney :?:

You need to get over pks and what happened. It sucks. Part of the game. I understand it hurts a lot because Poland is not in this situation often in a tournament like lets say Germany and Portugal who deal with it all the time in tourneys. PKs are not the greatest thing to lose a game from but thats how it is.

In one tourney, we got to witness successful pks and failure. Its hard to have a win streak in pks.

Its time to move on and see what Nawalka will do in WCQ.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:39 am

IMO maybe you can blame him for not developing the bench or more precisely not bringing the right bench guys to the Tournament

But the way he handled the bench was fine given our thin options. Kapustska was the only difference maker and he nearly blew the Ukraine match late.

I look forward to seeing him develop this bench during qualifying and hopefully he can bring to Russia some depth.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:25 am

Nawalka did fine, he had little faith in our bench and hopefully piotr and kapustka will keep improving and fight for 1st team places in the future. He was robbed of a couple key players before the tourney and to cap it all Milik was an abject failure, the guy could of won the golden boot.
The only criticism I have for Nawalka is that he appeard afraid to lose when he should of been afraid not to win. Portugal were for the taking and a bit more self believe and positivity from Nawalka may have got the team to push harder for the 2nd goal.

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:21 pm

polskaforever wrote: We had a quality coach in Leo Beenhakker compared to the previous Polish coaches that were hired upto that point and after he was gone the NT wasnt better off :idea: It doesnt guarantee success.

Nawalka took over a team that would lose after the first 15-20mins of action and fall apart. Players didnt know what they were doing on the field and no collective unity. Im not saying Nawalka is so perfect but he continued the success he had in EURO qualifying, then groups then KO then QTRs. Nawalka did it without key players he lost to injuries before the tourney.

I cant believe you guys are complaining about him. You guys finally got to see Poland make it out of groups and go pretty far.

For the 1st time in a long time there is more real optimism with the NT because we went far.
NO, coaches same as players they get old and obsolete, after Beenhakker coached Polska he went to Feyenord and he did awfully, now is coach of a random Hungarian team. Beenhakker success with Poland was because he continued Pawel Janas project fixing some issues but when our NT needed newer players we went to shit, remember Zahorski? lol.

And many other Euro team had injuries also, it doesn't justify that our bench sucked, actually we were lucky that none of injuries were starters.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:44 pm

pawelhuu wrote:
polskaforever wrote: We had a quality coach in Leo Beenhakker compared to the previous Polish coaches that were hired upto that point and after he was gone the NT wasnt better off :idea: It doesnt guarantee success.

NO, coaches same as players they get old and obsolete, after Beenhakker coached Polska he went to Feyenord and he did awfully, now is coach of a random Hungarian team. Beenhakker success with Poland was because he continued Pawel Janas project fixing some issues but when our NT needed newer players we went to shit, remember Zahorski? lol.

And many other Euro team had injuries also, it doesn't justify that our bench sucked, actually we were lucky that none of injuries were starters.
Rybus is a starter don't forget that and even though Jedz played well, ryba would have been much better moving forward in attack. Too bad he pussied out, last picture I saw of him running without a problem. punk ass bitch shoulder injury yeah

I don't mind Nawalka and I hope he learns from this toruname you can't be one dimensional and call on 2 subs each game at the exact same moment. Putting peszko in last minute vs Germany almost cost us the game. His stupid foul led to a free kick outside the box that was nearly converted in the 93 min

I heard a olympique is interested in Maczynski the biggest joke of the week. Lol

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Well yeah Rybus was important for Nawalka because he can play as LW or LB, is a very strategic player but not as a key player like Krycho for example who was almost out.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Jedza can't cross with his left. I think we would have converted more crosses with Rybus strong left foot
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:Jedza can't cross with his left. I think we would have converted more crosses with Rybus strong left foot
Yeah I agree but our crosses in this euro were overall bad in the right side and in the middle.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:33 pm

The Polish team has played 30 matches in total with Nawałka as manager – they won 15, drew 11 and lost four.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:09 am

polskaforever wrote:The Polish team has played 30 matches in total with Nawałka as manager – they won 15, drew 11 and lost four.
That ia an awesome status, end of..........

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 pm

polskaforever wrote:The Polish team has played 30 matches in total with Nawałka as manager – they won 15, drew 11 and lost four.
In this case Mexican coach is the best coach in the world, before they lost 7 to 0 against Chile the were unbeatable in 25 matches. Also I'm talking about Nawalka lack of tactics in the last two/three matches, no idea, lack of deep, lack of crosses, bad subs, etc... we played shit in the last three matches but we were lucky, and for that, the rest of the world are still looking us as a mediocre mid lucky team, exactly as we see Portugal right now.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 pm

pawelhuu wrote:
In this case Mexican coach is the best coach in the world, before they lost 7 to 0 against Chile the were unbeatable in 25 matches. Also I'm talking about Nawalka lack of tactics in the last two/three matches, no idea, lack of deep, lack of crosses, bad subs, etc... we played shit in the last three matches but we were lucky, and for that, the rest of the world are still looking us as a mediocre mid lucky team, exactly as we see Portugal right now.
Disagree - poland is seen as a solid team with goals in it after this tourney we we go much higher in the rankings.