Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Talk about the Polish national team
pawelhuu
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by pawelhuu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 am

the main problem is he did nothing when swiss take risks in the second half and put 3 forwards upfront. We had Lewy and Milik doing nothing because all the work was in the midfield, instead of subbing Milik for a man like Zielinski, Jod or even Pezko to free the swiss pressure in the midfield, Lewy was going to the midfield to fill those issues but because of that we lose a lot of counter attack options. We need Lewy as the last man upfront not Milik, Lewy puts more pressure on the defenders. Nawalka did well against NI, Germany and Ukraine but in this case he was totally afraid to sub, that's not a good sign he needs to take risk on those matches and not to be a total coward.

Yeah I know we dont have good subs but anything is better than nothing, the good thing is we won but we were very lucky.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7243
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:10 pm

pawelhuu wrote:the main problem is he did nothing when swiss take risks in the second half and put 3 forwards upfront. We had Lewy and Milik doing nothing because all the work was in the midfield, instead of subbing Milik for a man like Zielinski, Jod or even Pezko to free the swiss pressure in the midfield, Lewy was going to the midfield to fill those issues but because of that we lose a lot of counter attack options. We need Lewy as the last man upfront not Milik, Lewy puts more pressure on the defenders. Nawalka did well against NI, Germany and Ukraine but in this case he was totally afraid to sub, that's not a good sign he needs to take risk on those matches and not to be a total coward.

Yeah I know we dont have good subs but anything is better than nothing, the good thing is we won but we were very lucky.
Go read what I posted what the players said about the 2nd half..
Image

pawelhuu
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by pawelhuu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:51 pm

yeah I read it, I'm glad they know that they didn't play well, Łukasz Piszczek response is basically what I said. They needed more battle in the midfield, subbing Milik and put more people in the midfield could solve that situation.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7243
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:03 pm

pawelhuu wrote:yeah I read it, I'm glad they know that they didn't play well, Łukasz Piszczek response is basically what I said. They needed more battle in the midfield, subbing Milik and put more people in the midfield could solve that situation.
They panicked...
Image

pawelhuu
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by pawelhuu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:22 pm

polskaforever wrote:
They panicked...
Well yeah that's my point, not only the players but specially Nawalka. Hope against Portugal they can control their nerves.

MG
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by MG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:59 pm

I don't think Nawalka panicked at all he just didn't trust the back-ups to do anything positive for us. I can almost bet if Kapustka was available he would have been in around the 70th minute.

pawelhuu
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by pawelhuu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:00 pm

MG wrote:I don't think Nawalka panicked at all he just didn't trust the back-ups to do anything positive for us. I can almost bet if Kapustka was available he would have been in around the 70th minute.
But anything is better than nothing, in second half we were totally outplayed, some strategy change could help at least to keep the swiss away of our side. Swiss coach took the risks Nawalka didn't.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7243
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:13 pm

pawelhuu wrote:
MG wrote:I don't think Nawalka panicked at all he just didn't trust the back-ups to do anything positive for us. I can almost bet if Kapustka was available he would have been in around the 70th minute.
But anything is better than nothing, in second half we were totally outplayed, some strategy change could help at least to keep the swiss away of our side. Swiss coach took the risks Nawalka didn't.
Swiss were losing...their coach had nothing to lose at that point.

You are not giving Nawalka enough credit. We dominated the Swiss in 1st half (not complete domination) which is promising going forward in the tourney. The Swiss looked shaky. They had trouble getting out of their half. We were attacking really well and keeping them at bay. After 10mins in 2nd half, the players started to get scared. They held on. It was a valuable lesson to everyone. Nawalka made subs in extra time after the Swiss players were more tired and their players wouldnt affect our subs so much.
Image

User avatar
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:01 pm
Location: Jastkowice > Ottawa > London > New York
Contact:

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by jastkowice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:33 pm

polskaforever wrote:
pawelhuu wrote:
MG wrote:I don't think Nawalka panicked at all he just didn't trust the back-ups to do anything positive for us. I can almost bet if Kapustka was available he would have been in around the 70th minute.
But anything is better than nothing, in second half we were totally outplayed, some strategy change could help at least to keep the swiss away of our side. Swiss coach took the risks Nawalka didn't.
Swiss were losing...their coach had nothing to lose at that point.

You are not giving Nawalka enough credit. We dominated the Swiss in 1st half (not complete domination) which is promising going forward in the tourney. The Swiss looked shaky. They had trouble getting out of their half. We were attacking really well and keeping them at bay. After 10mins in 2nd half, the players started to get scared. They held on. It was a valuable lesson to everyone. Nawalka made subs in extra time after the Swiss players were more tired and their players wouldnt affect our subs so much.
How the fuck do we go from total domination in the 1st half with our high pressing to complete failure in the 2nd half? The Swiss werent tired we were hurting out there, why because we were chasing balls rather than keeping possession. When are we going to learn?

Why are people on here still acting like Nawalka is a saint, if it wasnt for Fabianski saves we wouldnt be having this conversation. Even his own players are admitting that our tactics slipped and we allowed them more space. So, I am guessing Nawalka told the team to sit back and defend since we were 1 goal up.

At the end of the day, we cannot sit back when we grab an early lead. This however, doesnt mean continue to press inside their half but it can mean keep possession of the ball and move it around between our guys. So, Nawalka decides to bring in 2 useless subs that dont fix the problem but actually create more issues for us.

He brings in a player that doesnt know his ass from his face in Peszko and if he continues to get chances he will harm our team in a very stupid way.

While, the Jodlo sub is idiotic for me as well why? because its saying we are going to put 8 guys back and you guys can run all 5 of your forwards on us and get your best shots. Sure enough the wall will crack and it did several times, why not bring in an offensive player and keep possession in the middle. I just dont get it. :roll:

You know who we really miss, MILA, this old ass troll was composed on the ball. Too bad he is old and slow because he is exactly what we need in the middle, someone to hold onto the ball and move it around properly. Unfortunately, we dont have that in Maczynski or Zielinski.

I looked at some stats and I really want to like Maczynski and I hope he proves me wrong, but looking at his final third passing it was all little short balls to lewy or whoever was closest. Then you look at the same comparison with Krzycho and he is making nice long passes, through balls and creating chances for our players. That is the difference between world class and EK.

VS Portugal its not going to be easy, no game is at this point. But, many people thought well take Portugal over Croatia because they havent looked that great. But, what is the plan here drop back and hope for a counter or press the porkchops and get some goals. They have super fast players and create many chances through the mid and wings, as a matter of fact they have the most shots on goal in the entire tournament while we have the most blocked shots. So, it is going to be an interesting matchup. I hope Nawalka has some secret plan on stopping Nani and Ronaldo and releasing our boys in the front.
Image

MG
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by MG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 pm

I think we should attack right from the start like we did against the Swiss; the only thing I would change would be to keep on attacking until were at least up by 2 goals then we can change to a more defensive tactic. But for this tactic to work we need Milik and Lewy to stop missing the great chances they keep getting. Or we can play like the Croatian's for a 0-0 tie and penalty shots, though that didn't work out so well for Croatia ;)

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7243
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm

jastkowice wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
pawelhuu wrote:
MG wrote:I don't think Nawalka panicked at all he just didn't trust the back-ups to do anything positive for us. I can almost bet if Kapustka was available he would have been in around the 70th minute.
But anything is better than nothing, in second half we were totally outplayed, some strategy change could help at least to keep the swiss away of our side. Swiss coach took the risks Nawalka didn't.
Swiss were losing...their coach had nothing to lose at that point.

You are not giving Nawalka enough credit. We dominated the Swiss in 1st half (not complete domination) which is promising going forward in the tourney. The Swiss looked shaky. They had trouble getting out of their half. We were attacking really well and keeping them at bay. After 10mins in 2nd half, the players started to get scared. They held on. It was a valuable lesson to everyone. Nawalka made subs in extra time after the Swiss players were more tired and their players wouldnt affect our subs so much.
How the fuck do we go from total domination in the 1st half with our high pressing to complete failure in the 2nd half? The Swiss werent tired we were hurting out there, why because we were chasing balls rather than keeping possession. When are we going to learn?

Why are people on here still acting like Nawalka is a saint, if it wasnt for Fabianski saves we wouldnt be having this conversation. Even his own players are admitting that our tactics slipped and we allowed them more space. So, I am guessing Nawalka told the team to sit back and defend since we were 1 goal up.

At the end of the day, we cannot sit back when we grab an early lead. This however, doesnt mean continue to press inside their half but it can mean keep possession of the ball and move it around between our guys. So, Nawalka decides to bring in 2 useless subs that dont fix the problem but actually create more issues for us.

He brings in a player that doesnt know his ass from his face in Peszko and if he continues to get chances he will harm our team in a very stupid way.

While, the Jodlo sub is idiotic for me as well why? because its saying we are going to put 8 guys back and you guys can run all 5 of your forwards on us and get your best shots. Sure enough the wall will crack and it did several times, why not bring in an offensive player and keep possession in the middle. I just dont get it. :roll:

You know who we really miss, MILA, this old ass troll was composed on the ball. Too bad he is old and slow because he is exactly what we need in the middle, someone to hold onto the ball and move it around properly. Unfortunately, we dont have that in Maczynski or Zielinski.

I looked at some stats and I really want to like Maczynski and I hope he proves me wrong, but looking at his final third passing it was all little short balls to lewy or whoever was closest. Then you look at the same comparison with Krzycho and he is making nice long passes, through balls and creating chances for our players. That is the difference between world class and EK.

VS Portugal its not going to be easy, no game is at this point. But, many people thought well take Portugal over Croatia because they havent looked that great. But, what is the plan here drop back and hope for a counter or press the porkchops and get some goals. They have super fast players and create many chances through the mid and wings, as a matter of fact they have the most shots on goal in the entire tournament while we have the most blocked shots. So, it is going to be an interesting matchup. I hope Nawalka has some secret plan on stopping Nani and Ronaldo and releasing our boys in the front.
The players admitted they got scared and let the Swiss take over. That wasnt Nawalka bro. Our offense isnt as tight as our defense yet. Our offense right now is making simple mistakes that our defense used to make. The players also admitted they need to work on that... how its progressing I dont know but the 1st half vs Swiss showed promise. They just need to keep it up longer and not give up attacking.
Image

User avatar
polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5015
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:05 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:12 am

*typical negative polak engage*

I wont stop doubting (this team in general) because that's the second straight game we look like trash and unprepared. We got lucky vs the Swiss and Ukes. But whatever, im proud this is the most successful this NT has been since ive been following them. It's a start, i guess.

Can we play some possession footy, for once? Itll save our guys legs a bit more I think .

User avatar
Swosz
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by Swosz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:58 am

I know the the Maczynski lovers are going to hate this but the reason we cannot play possesion football is because of him. Maczynski should be the middle link between our forwards and of our defence. However, he only passes the ball backwards and out wide. That is why the majority of our chances created come from crosses. How many through balls to Lewandowski have we seen? One over the top by Milik against Ukraine. Maczynski is not good enough to push the ball forwards and play through balls down the middle. Now I do not completely blame Maczynski for his lack of offensive production as I do not believe that was his intended role when brought onto the team. I bet Nawalka like the rest of us hoped that Zielinski would play that role but he is too frightened by the big stage. Therefore Nawalka has no option but to play Maczynski in a "make no mistakes but does not help the offence" role. This is why we cannot keep the ball because if it gets to Maczynski he passes it backwards and then the defence gets pressured and they have no other option but to hoof it up field and we lose possession. I know Krychowiak is out there too but he excels as a holding midfielder and cannot be pushing forwards cause if we are caught on the break Maczynski is not good enough defensively to break up play in the midfield and this would lead to our defence being exposed. So overall I'm not surprised we cannot play possession football as we do not have a midfielder who is comfortable enough on the ball to keep the ball and push it forward. Instead when we have the lead our ball play is in a cycle of: pass back, hoof forward, defend, win the ball back, play it to the midfield.. and repeat.

pawelhuu
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by pawelhuu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:19 pm

yeah our boys were afraid in second half, and Nawalka did nothing, no tactical change, no subs, ANYTHING. I mean before this game Nawalka was very good, he did very well against NI, Germany and even against Ukraine, he made the correct subs against Ukraine to fix the issues we had in the first half. We always were a second half team thanks to Nawalka tactical changes, but against Swiss he was paralyzed, not trusting in our subs is a prove to being afraid, as a coach you need trust and confidence to give courage to our players.

Yeah I'm totally happy about the results, but I still feel lucky instead of confident, yeah I give a lot of credit to Fabianski and our defense, but I don't want to be the next Greece, I want our NT stronger in our future. Still our penalty kicks were a good sign of our players, so I still have a lot of faith in them to become a better team.

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Not if there isn't any subs. Nawalka wanted to holf 1-0 and put on Jodla maybe the better would be putting on Zielinski as shit as he's been. Thankfully we have Kapustka back
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Marty
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by Marty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:57 pm

He should have put Jodlowiec in way sooner.

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2304
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: london ontario

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:47 pm

its not that I doubt Nawalka, hes proven what he can do with the team and it shows given how far weve gone. Our last 2 games have been scrappy and well..not so convincing but his tactics worked.

Do we deserve to be in the quarters? I believe we do
Did we get their by playing attractive soccer? Fuck no

End of the day he knows what works best for the team the only thing I doubt is our players confidence in their own ability and mentality in high pressure situations, like the 2nd half of the swiss game. That is something Nawalka cannot control. Halftime speeches not always work to get your guys fired up

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7243
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:25 pm

^^^ Exactly. Somethings its really the players themselves...its on them to overcome certain situations. Nawalka isnt the one kicking the ball around.
Image

RyanIsaTard
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:26 pm

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by RyanIsaTard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28 pm

jastkowice wrote:You know who we really miss, MILA, this old ass troll was composed on the ball. Too bad he is old and slow because he is exactly what we need in the middle, someone to hold onto the ball and move it around properly. Unfortunately, we dont have that in Maczynski or Zielinski.
This. Nawalka must be kicking himself every night before sleep. All he had to do was replace Linetty (who won't ever be used at this tournament save for card issues or serious injuries) with Mila, and problems solved. And I have to say, Zielinski is the biggest disappointment of the tournament so far, but can't really blame Nawalka for bringing him on board, I among many, thought the kid was going to shine.

User avatar
Borubar
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by Borubar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Hey Bambusy

I have to admit I doubted Nawalka's call ups and tactics like most if not everybody on this board especially when he first took over from Fornalik. (Slovakia loss and Ireland tie) You could not watch those games.

Since then however his record shows for itself what he has accomplished with the NT...but I have to give him shit for the Switzerland game for the first time I and i'm pretty sure most of you were shaking their head while watching this game . Not making any subs in the first 90 minuts?!@ :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know the Swiss were losing and were chasing the game so they brought on all their subs (offensive) but come on they had 2 more days rest than us and even Steve fucking Wonder knew we were out of gas and needed subs, anybody!!!

Hopefully Nawalka can learn from this mistake and capitalize on Thursday vs Portugal because lets be honest Fabianski saved our asses more than once in that game and we were extremely lucky to make it to the PK's.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests