Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Talk about the Polish national team
polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:18 am

legia_piotr wrote:possession stats? really?
hahahaha jeezus.

If you're seriously using that as an indicator of how well we played vs. Germany, I don't even know what to say.
We are NEVER going to out-possess teams like Germany, Spain, etc. The Germs out-possessed us and outpassed us 3 to 1, 4 to 1, whatever... they had two half-chances, we totally frustrated them and played amazing team defense AND we had the better scoring opportunities (still can't forgive Milik for that one).
KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
jerzy_dudek1 wrote:Lets take the ukraine game out of the picture and focus this campaign as whole....
Clutching at straws mate! Take ukraine out of it? and focus on the campaign as a whole? You can't have both pal, which one do you want? Focus on the campaign as a whole or take the ukraine game out of it?
You're not honestly drawing the same conclusions from the Ukraine match vs. the NI/Germany matches?
we can absolutely take parts of the Ukraine game out of it...
We rested key players, we played a different formation, we had EK I mean Serie A bums like Cionek out there... I am not saying I am happy with out performance (particularly 1st half) but come on. Nawalka took a gamble of sorts by fielding that XI - and end result? 3 points. The ends justify the means.

///

Why can't some of you just sit back and enjoy the ride? 3 games - 2 wins, 1 draw, 0 goals allowed.

(i know it hasnt been perfect (I don't think anyone is saying that) and hopefully we see an improved game vs. Switzerland)

I guess it's the Polish stereotype of us always complaining...

DO BOJU!
Typical Polish stereotype? More like happy with being just good enough. You fit right in Piotrek!

Everyone is happy with the recent success. Are you seriously shocked that fanatics have concerns and criticize a bit?

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:43 am

polskazfynezt69 wrote: Typical Polish stereotype? More like happy with being just good enough. You fit right in Piotrek!

Everyone is happy with the recent success. Are you seriously shocked that fanatics have concerns and criticize a bit?
Don't do that, man. I am not "happy just being good enough" - I want the team to play better, I want Lewy to get better scoring opportunities, I want Milik to finish his fucking chances, I want Maczynski to play like he did vs. Scotland (or for Zielinski to get a clue and replace him already)... trust me, I want us to play more assuredly offensively, to string more than 3 passes together, to possess the ball more... I want all of this. I have concerns and i can criticize.

At the same time, I can see this team for what it is. We have a few generational players that are the backbone and core of the team... BUT we also have a few weak spots (and ZERO depth - so what you see is what you get in terms of our first XI). If "playing ugly" and setting up the team tactically so we can hide those deficiencies AND take advantage of our best players, then I don't know about you, I am ok with it. Again, 3 games, 0 goals allowed, 2 wins, 1 draw... plenty of teams @ this Euro would happily trade places with that.
Last edited by legia_piotr on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:45 am

Party Polak wrote:
legia_piotr wrote:Facts are facts.
:lol: Classic PS.com quote.
No, a nie?

context, my Polish friend.

"Facts are facts. 3 games played - 2 wins, 1 draw and 0 goals allowed. See you in the knockout stages" :wave:

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:48 am

legia_piotr wrote:
polskazfynezt69 wrote: Typical Polish stereotype? More like happy with being just good enough. You fit right in Piotrek!

Don't do that, man. I am not "happy just being good enough" - I want the team to play better, I want Lewy to get better scoring opportunities, I want Milik to finish his fucking chances, I want Maczynski to play like he did vs. Scotland (or for Zielinski to get a clue and replace him already)... trust me, I want us to play more assuredly offensively, to string more than 3 passes together, to possess the ball more... I want all of this. I have concerns and i can criticize.

At the same time, I can see this team for what it is. We have a few generational players that are the backbone and core of the team... BUT we also have a few weak spots (and ZERO depth - so what you see is what you get in terms of our first XI). If "playing ugly" and setting up the team tactically so we can hide those deficiencies AND take advantage of our best players, then I don't know about you, I am ok with it. Again, 3 games, 0 goals allowed, 2 wins, 1 draw... plenty of teams @ this Euro would happily trade places with that.
That's the ultimate shock. 3 clean sheets !
Expect Pazdan and Glik to move to better clubs.
I just wish our boys use that as extra motivation. You showcase some fucking skill a bigger richer club is going to pay you.

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:07 am

Robertski wrote:
KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
hahahaha jeezus.

If you're seriously using that as an indicator of how well we played vs. Germany, I don't even know what to say.
We are NEVER going to out-possess teams like Germany, Spain, etc. The Germs out-possessed us and outpassed us 3 to 1, 4 to 1, whatever... they had two half-chances, we totally frustrated them and played amazing team defense AND we had the better scoring opportunities (still can't forgive Milik for that one).
KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
jerzy_dudek1 wrote:Lets take the ukraine game out of the picture and focus this campaign as whole....
Clutching at straws mate! Take ukraine out of it? and focus on the campaign as a whole? You can't have both pal, which one do you want? Focus on the campaign as a whole or take the ukraine game out of it?
You're not honestly drawing the same conclusions from the Ukraine match vs. the NI/Germany matches?
We rested key players, we played a different formation, we had EK I mean Serie A bums like Cionek out there... I am not saying I am happy with out performance (particularly 1st half) but come on. Nawalka took a gamble of sorts by fielding that XI - and end result? 3 points. The ends justify the means.

///

Why can't some of you just sit back and enjoy the ride? 3 games - 2 wins, 1 draw, 0 goals allowed.

(i know it hasnt been perfect (I don't think anyone is saying that) and hopefully we see an improved game vs. Switzerland)

DO BOJU!

Well if you contextualise it with us not being able to keep possession nor string more than 3 passes together. Ah i give up, i'm arguing with a bunch of monkeys.
A bunch of Monkeys that know more about football than you....wtf does that say for you? :lol:
ofcourse you do mate.

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:13 am

hahahaha jeezus.

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:

///

DO BOJU!
If you read my posts i mentioned our efforts against germany were good you pretty much echoed my sentiments. Though put forward in a manner insinuating that i expected to play them out the park? i don't know. What i do know, is i have nothing better to do at the moment so i'm replying to all of you peanuts on here.

and here is my stance on statistics

statistics are a byproduct of how well you play. Football is not a byproduct of statistics. Because what happens on the field gives birth to the stats, not the other way around. like that famous quote "Statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing" .
Though if we agree stats are a byproduct of football and you watched the games. It's important and i like to assess the performance based on the team as a whole, not on individuals and on responses like "i wished maczynski played like this and not that". You're essentially just saying "i wish he played better". Obvious is quite obvious and not the greatest answer to our issues with maintaining possession. It doesn't really solve anything. Except it reveals to me exactly how ambiguous your understanding of football is. That you resort to answers like these to offer a solution of a far more complex nature.

So, the main gripe i have with how we have been playing and firstly i'll say, yes the game against N ireland was great and we were in complete control. Whilst i didn't expect to see this replicated with Germany. I was hoping the game against Ukraine would settle my nerves and we would see another assured performance the likes we saw against N. Ireland. Nope. The stats i offered up was a byproduct of the rubbish at display that game. Ukraine pressed high up, our midfield was zonally marked out of the game. We found it very difficult if straight up impossible to play straight through the middle from defence and fluently move it to attack. They were relentless and how we survived? Was our resilience winning balls in the middle and moving forward when they were caught out, oh and long balls over the top of our midfield.

These are proffessional players and we boast the best team in nearly 50 years. Everyone there knows how to play good football. The reason they are not is not them, you can see how hard they fight and how much they want it. It is not the players at fault. It's the man in charge. You fucking peanut heads.

I couldn't disagree with you more, though to be honest thats where it ends. I can't begrudge someone here getting excited about history being made. If you want to believe we are barcelona more power to you. I'm just saying you play like shit and cracks will start to show up. If those stats repeat and we have a bad day, thats 4-0! Remember, just as our strikers misfired, so did Germany's and Ukraines. They were out and out chances that at this level should have been put away, we are riding a big wave of luck, including the draws. It can get us results, though i will not submit to this circlejerk around Nawalka.

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:35 pm

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
hahahaha jeezus.

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:

///

DO BOJU!
If you read my posts i mentioned our efforts against germany were good you pretty much echoed my sentiments. Though put forward in a manner insinuating that i expected to play them out the park? i don't know. What i do know, is i have nothing better to do at the moment so i'm replying to all of you peanuts on here.

and here is my stance on statistics

statistics are a byproduct of how well you play. Football is not a byproduct of statistics. Because what happens on the field gives birth to the stats, not the other way around. like that famous quote "Statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing" .
Though if we agree stats are a byproduct of football and you watched the games. It's important and i like to assess the performance based on the team as a whole, not on individuals and on responses like "i wished maczynski played like this and not that". You're essentially just saying "i wish he played better". Obvious is quite obvious and not the greatest answer to our issues with maintaining possession. It doesn't really solve anything. Except it reveals to me exactly how ambiguous your understanding of football is. That you resort to answers like these to offer a solution of a far more complex nature.

So, the main gripe i have with how we have been playing and firstly i'll say, yes the game against N ireland was great and we were in complete control. Whilst i didn't expect to see this replicated with Germany. I was hoping the game against Ukraine would settle my nerves and we would see another assured performance the likes we saw against N. Ireland. Nope. The stats i offered up was a byproduct of the rubbish at display that game. Ukraine pressed high up, our midfield was zonally marked out of the game. We found it very difficult if straight up impossible to play straight through the middle from defence and fluently move it to attack. They were relentless and how we survived? Was our resilience winning balls in the middle and moving forward when they were caught out, oh and long balls over the top of our midfield.

These are proffessional players and we boast the best team in nearly 50 years. Everyone there knows how to play good football. The reason they are not is not them, you can see how hard they fight and how much they want it. It is not the players at fault. It's the man in charge. You fucking peanut heads.

I couldn't disagree with you more, though to be honest thats where it ends. I can't begrudge someone here getting excited about history being made. If you want to believe we are barcelona more power to you. I'm just saying you play like shit and cracks will start to show up. If those stats repeat and we have a bad day, thats 4-0! Remember, just as our strikers misfired, so did Germany's and Ukraines. They were out and out chances that at this level should have been put away, we are riding a big wave of luck, including the draws. It can get us results, though i will not submit to this circlejerk around Nawalka.
This.

Minus the peanut heads.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Jesus, it's like some of you are actually waiting/hoping for us to lose so you can proudly proclaim "i told you so!"

Well, this fucking peanut head is done here.

Enjoy the football (or not, i guess)

:poland:

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:35 pm

legia_piotr wrote:Jesus, it's like some of you are actually waiting/hoping for us to lose so you can proudly proclaim "i told you so!"

Well, this fucking peanut head is done here.

Enjoy the football (or not, i guess)

:poland:
Kapusta face!

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm going apeshit tonight, just not about to get down on my knees and blow nawalka like some of you on here.

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Nawalka should get sacked just for the tactics in that second half... who the fuck does he think he is, jose mourinho?

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:26 pm

d0m wrote:Nawalka should get sacked just for the tactics in that second half... who the fuck does he think he is, jose mourinho?

Dont u know that apl the big name manahers are onoy successful with teams of superstars. Look at hiddink and van gaal recently

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:59 pm

how many beers?

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:08 pm

I wasn't happy with us sitting back in the 2nd half but the guys did look tired so I don't blame Nawalka completely for that. However his defensive tactics are really good and his tactics that get Milik in scoring chances are also good. It's not Nawalka's fault that Milik can't even hit the side of a barn.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:36 pm

Swosz wrote:I wasn't happy with us sitting back in the 2nd half but the guys did look tired so I don't blame Nawalka completely for that. However his defensive tactics are really good and his tactics that get Milik in scoring chances are also good. It's not Nawalka's fault that Milik can't even hit the side of a barn.
Got to say that Milik has been the disappointment of the tournament he has had more than enough chances to win the Golden boot...easily :( :oops:

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:35 am

"Jak się szczęście zaczyna powtarzać, to już to nie jest szczęście"
- Kazimierz Górski
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:10 am

From the captains mouth
A po przerwie było inaczej. W drugiej połowie za bardzo się cofnęliśmy i chyba tak musiało się stać, że Szwajcaria wreszcie tę bramkę strzeli. Zostaliśmy skarceni za to, że po przerwie już nie szukaliśmy okazji do strzelenia drugiej bramki. Mniejszą liczbą zawodników podchodziliśmy do ataków. Chyba po prostu baliśmy się zaryzykować, woleliśmy trzymać wynik. A Szwajcarzy napierali i w końcu dali radę.

Sitting back in the 2nd half is on nawalkas ass for trying to earn a 1-0 win but parking the bus nearly cost us the game! Hope he learns from this

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:12 am

Robertski wrote:
Swosz wrote:I wasn't happy with us sitting back in the 2nd half but the guys did look tired so I don't blame Nawalka completely for that. However his defensive tactics are really good and his tactics that get Milik in scoring chances are also good. It's not Nawalka's fault that Milik can't even hit the side of a barn.

Got to say that Milik has been the disappointment of the tournament he has had more than enough chances to win the Golden boot...easily :( :oops:
Guys look tired but that's from chasing the Swiss around for 75 min we needed to sit on the ball and control the game but we don't have the midfield for that unfortunately.

MG

Post by MG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:45 am

Exactly hopefully Nawalka and all the players learn from this and against Portugal wait to sit back and defend when it's 2-0; a 2-0 lead in soccer is much bigger then a 1-0 lead ... Especially if the 2-0 lead is in the second half.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:40 am

jastkowice wrote:From the captains mouth
A po przerwie było inaczej. W drugiej połowie za bardzo się cofnęliśmy i chyba tak musiało się stać, że Szwajcaria wreszcie tę bramkę strzeli. Zostaliśmy skarceni za to, że po przerwie już nie szukaliśmy okazji do strzelenia drugiej bramki. Mniejszą liczbą zawodników podchodziliśmy do ataków. Chyba po prostu baliśmy się zaryzykować, woleliśmy trzymać wynik. A Szwajcarzy napierali i w końcu dali radę.

Sitting back in the 2nd half is on nawalkas ass for trying to earn a 1-0 win but parking the bus nearly cost us the game! Hope he learns from this
The players didnt want to take anymore risks going forward. We have seen this a lot. They dont have the confidence to attack more. Hopefully this is being worked on in training sessions as Poland is still alive in the tournament cause we are going to need extra goals to help us win...