Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Talk about the Polish national team
KnownasKrzysiu

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:41 pm

Nawalka is spoilt for choice, the players playing abroad are excellent! Who amongst his predecessors had the luck to pick players of this caliber?

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14 pm

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:Nawalka is spoilt for choice, the players playing abroad are excellent! Who amongst his predecessors had the luck to pick players of this caliber?

So you're not sold on Nawalka because you seem to think we have sort of an allstar team assembled that should be playing a more attractive style. I disagree with you there. Trust me I know our talent pool and I take that into deep consideration when I say that Nawalka's team has still exceeded my expectations. Why? We've had decent players for a while now and we lost to minnow after minnow and constantly put on sub par performances as a team and the difference was always the shit coaching. Don't exaggerate the talent we have now. We have 1-2 superstar caliber players, 3 very good players and the rest of our squad lacks depth and can be described as mediocre to average.

I also cant comprehend how you haven't noticed a huge progression in our play style, our ability to press and go forward and actually possess the ball. IDK what games your watching bud. We outplayed Northern Ireland and Germany and hopefully had a one off performance against Ukraine. Not to mention how we we outplayed every team in qualifying too.

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Lets take the ukraine game out of the picture and focus this campaign as whole....

You take any one of our previous coaches, stick them with this current squad the tactics would be...get the ball to lewy

With Nawalka that is not the case, this whole team is being utilized,

Look at euro 2012...We had a pretty decent team, should have done better but our tactics were the dortmund trio, focus possession on the right and whip it in to lewy

Also our previous squads it was all long balls and direct passing hoping our then "saviour" forwards would convert something (smolarek, oli, zurawski, jelen, kuba)

We by no means have an allstar squad. We dont play stylish tactics or fully controlling tactics but you can see we do play A LOT more comfortable then any teams we've had before. We didnt fluke our way into this tournament nor did we fluke our way into the round of 16, we fully deserve to be there through coaching and teamwork overall there is no denying that. Take the Ukraine game out of the picture and if you still fail to see this then i give up

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:35 pm

When the players cant string 3 passes together is not Nawalka's fault. Im pretty sure he is frustrated as much as we are :!:

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:42 pm

Why not, he sets the players and the formation up along with the tactics. An example of this is when he decides to make his signature substitute of putting Peszko and Jodlowiec on when we're holding a small lead. Shit like this can cost you points because the team won't take initiative and will be stuck in their own half for the last 20/30 minutes. He probably does this because it worked in the EKSTRAKLASA when he was managing Gornik against other shit teams. This is probably why we don't see good teams using the 4-4-2 that much nowadays

Its sad you guys cant take KnownasKrzysiu opinion seriously, hes right that with the players we have at our disposal they aren't playing up to their potential. Its frustrating to watch when we can't even string together 3+ passes forward. Probably 90% of games I watch with the chat, everyone is complaining that we're playing like trash.
Our strategy is composed of forming a wall and then hoping we score off of a set piece or an individual play, which is why KnownasKrzysiu is saying Nawalka is lucky to have a couple world class players unlike in the past.. Its fine to play like this against top teams like Germany, Spain, etc. but the problem is that this has been happening against teams like Ireland, Scotland, Ukraine where they make us look like Estonia. Those teams I mentioned have players that are on a similar level technically as us.
With this style of play we would be screwed if we had an average team without the couple of star players that we have. Thats what happened to e.g. Russia at this tournament, they're a counter attacking team that can barely complete a couple passes together just like us, except they didn't have guys like Milik/Lewandowski/Blaszczykowski at their disposal which is why they were eliminated. Thankfully we'll only be playing really good teams from now on which is where this style of play will still be viable.
Last edited by patrickjjh on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:43 pm

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:Nawalka is spoilt for choice, the players playing abroad are excellent! Who amongst his predecessors had the luck to pick players of this caliber?
What do you mean not sold on Nawalka? He was the first Polish coach to qualify to EUROs, beat Germany, and qualify to KO round finally since 1986 I think.

The team under Fornalik was a disaster and Nawalka turned it around.

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Please more than 39% possession. Thats just embarrassing.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:38 am

patrickjjh wrote:Why not, he sets the players and the formation up along with the tactics. An example of this is when he decides to make his signature substitute of putting Peszko and Jodlowiec on when we're holding a small lead. Shit like this can cost you points because the team won't take initiative and will be stuck in their own half for the last 20/30 minutes. He probably does this because it worked in the EKSTRAKLASA when he was managing Gornik against other shit teams. This is probably why we don't see good teams using the 4-4-2 that much nowadays

Its sad you guys cant take KnownasKrzysiu opinion seriously, hes right that with the players we have at our disposal they aren't playing up to their potential. Its frustrating to watch when we can't even string together 3+ passes forward. Probably 90% of games I watch with the chat, everyone is complaining that we're playing like trash.
Our strategy is composed of forming a wall and then hoping we score off of a set piece or an individual play, which is why KnownasKrzysiu is saying Nawalka is lucky to have a couple world class players unlike in the past.. Its fine to play like this against top teams like Germany, Spain, etc. but the problem is that this has been happening against teams like Ireland, Scotland, Ukraine where they make us look like Estonia. Those teams I mentioned have players that are on a similar level technically as us.
With this style of play we would be screwed if we had an average team without the couple of star players that we have. Thats what happened to e.g. Russia at this tournament, they're a counter attacking team that can barely complete a couple passes together just like us, except they didn't have guys like Milik/Lewandowski/Blaszczykowski at their disposal which is why they were eliminated. Thankfully we'll only be playing really good teams from now on which is where this style of play will still be viable.
:lol: :lol: Oh my god, we qualify first time EVER to next round, we have yet to let a goal in, our strikers are not scoring and to top it all we have to leave two first pick players out of 23 squad due to injury and we have people moaning about Nawalka... so fucking Polish. We start doing well and people start to moan. Oh and we neat Ukraine with rookie replacements for the first time in 5 or 6 matches. :D Win or lose on Saturday Nawalka gets my vote. Proud to be Polish again :D :D :D :poland: :poland:

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:47 am

Robertski wrote:
patrickjjh wrote:Why not, he sets the players and the formation up along with the tactics. An example of this is when he decides to make his signature substitute of putting Peszko and Jodlowiec on when we're holding a small lead. Shit like this can cost you points because the team won't take initiative and will be stuck in their own half for the last 20/30 minutes. He probably does this because it worked in the EKSTRAKLASA when he was managing Gornik against other shit teams. This is probably why we don't see good teams using the 4-4-2 that much nowadays

:lol: :lol: Oh my god, we qualify first time EVER to next round, we have yet to let a goal in, our strikers are not scoring and to top it all we have to leave two first pick players out of 23 squad due to injury and we have people moaning about Nawalka... so fucking Polish. We start doing well and people start to moan. Oh and we beat Ukraine with rookie replacements for the first time in 5 or 6 matches. :D Win or lose on Saturday Nawalka gets my vote. Proud to be Polish again :D :D :D :poland: :poland:

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:25 am

karmakop wrote:

So you're not sold on Nawalka because you seem to think we have sort of an allstar team assembled that should be playing a more attractive style. I disagree with you there. Trust me I know our talent pool and I take that into deep consideration when I say that Nawalka's team has still exceeded my expectations. Why? We've had decent players for a while now and we lost to minnow after minnow and constantly put on sub par performances as a team and the difference was always the shit coaching. Don't exaggerate the talent we have now. We have 1-2 superstar caliber players, 3 very good players and the rest of our squad lacks depth and can be described as mediocre to average.

I also cant comprehend how you haven't noticed a huge progression in our play style, our ability to press and go forward and actually possess the ball. IDK what games your watching bud. We outplayed Northern Ireland and Germany and hopefully had a one off performance against Ukraine. Not to mention how we we outplayed every team in qualifying too.
the old "what game are you watching" argument. Which game do you refer to where we outplayed germany? Surely not the last game in this euro's. Tell me in what world do you live in when German enjoy 62% of possession to our 38%. This is for 90 minutes, sometimes you get that stat for 15 minutes when one team is dominating. Let me be clear, it was an excellent result and we were very resilient. To say poland dominated germany with 38% possession with Germany's 22 attempts at goal to Poland 4. You are taking the piss mate. Poland's 207 passes to Germany's 525.
Geez, some of the people on here are behaving just like scientologists but obsessing with the Kadra.
Last edited by KnownasKrzysiu on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:28 am

jerzy_dudek1 wrote:Lets take the ukraine game out of the picture and focus this campaign as whole....
Clutching at straws mate! Take ukraine out of it? and focus on the campaign as a whole? You can't have both pal, which one do you want? Focus on the campaign as a whole or take the ukraine game out of it?

and why would you even want to take the ukraine game out of it? To better suit your own delusions? Lets just take everything else out. Germany's 22 attempts at goal-OUT Germany's 29 attempts at goal-OUT Polands 9 attempts at goal-IN, Ukraines 66% possession-OUT stats, Ukraines 19 attempts at goal-OUT, our 9 attempt at goal-IN.

I know you're taking baby steps but i thought perhaps i'd try to help you out, because ultimately what you are doing is just picking and choosing what you wish and cut everything out that doesnt suit your views. So i'd thought i'd spare you the whole dance and just run with it.

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:28 am

karmakop wrote:

Ok i will try not to exaggerate the talent

Apart from lewan milik and krychowiak, oh and kuba and piszczek, already 5 players that are or have been excellent abroad. Thats already half the outfield players, our GK position is set 3 top quality GK's so i'll move on.

Glik- He plays in serie A for Torino, WHEN have we had some one of that talent in defense? Oh what was his name? Fucking Tomasz Hajto! and T. Waldoch were the closest we had to what we have now in Glik. Though my eyes Seria A CB a far better prospect unless you're playing in the top 3 in the bundesliga.

Zielinski is getting looked at by jurgen klopp to sign for Liverpool. Exceptional talent.

Grosicki-solid Ligue 1 material. Exceptional talent.

That is a starting 11 that has been unmatched since the 70's. Spoilt for choice. We have players that we can bring in that perform week in week out at the top leagues in Europe. They know what competition is and we have players outbound that have not crumbled under pressure in another league.

Come now, do you remember the days when that young shit that went to russia was meant to be our saviour? he was 16 or something and we all beat off over him. Fuck i can't remember his name. No more! We have players now that are making the grade in europes elite! SO yes! Nawalka is spoilt as FUCK for choice!

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:25 am

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
karmakop wrote:

the old "what game are you watching" argument. Which game do you refer to where we outplayed germany? Surely not the last game in this euro's. Tell me in what world do you live in when German enjoy 62% of possession to our 38%. This is for 90 minutes, sometimes you get that stat for 15 minutes when one team is dominating. Let me be clear, it was an excellent result and we were very resilient. To say poland dominated germany with 38% possession with Germany's 22 attempts at goal to Poland 4. You are taking the piss mate. Poland's 207 passes to Germany's 525.
Geez, some of the people on here are behaving just like scientologists but obsessing with the Kadra.
you just made my point about not knowing what the fuck you're watching. Since when does possession win you a match. Germany looked threatening on two occasions the entire match and they were only half chances. We had the best chances of the game and chose to give up possession and play a counter style vs the Germand because thats what u should do against that caliber especially if its worked for us before. And I didnt say we dominated them but Yes we very much outplayed them. Any neutral you talk to will say that Poland was better than Germany that game because Germans held the ball all match but couldnt do anything with it.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:26 am

possession stats? really?
hahahaha jeezus.

If you're seriously using that as an indicator of how well we played vs. Germany, I don't even know what to say.
We are NEVER going to out-possess teams like Germany, Spain, etc. The Germs out-possessed us and outpassed us 3 to 1, 4 to 1, whatever... they had two half-chances, we totally frustrated them and played amazing team defense AND we had the better scoring opportunities (still can't forgive Milik for that one).
KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
jerzy_dudek1 wrote:Lets take the ukraine game out of the picture and focus this campaign as whole....
Clutching at straws mate! Take ukraine out of it? and focus on the campaign as a whole? You can't have both pal, which one do you want? Focus on the campaign as a whole or take the ukraine game out of it?
You're not honestly drawing the same conclusions from the Ukraine match vs. the NI/Germany matches?
we can absolutely take parts of the Ukraine game out of it...
We rested key players, we played a different formation, we had EK I mean Serie A bums like Cionek out there... I am not saying I am happy with out performance (particularly 1st half) but come on. Nawalka took a gamble of sorts by fielding that XI - and end result? 3 points. The ends justify the means.

///

Why can't some of you just sit back and enjoy the ride? 3 games - 2 wins, 1 draw, 0 goals allowed.

(i know it hasnt been perfect (I don't think anyone is saying that) and hopefully we see an improved game vs. Switzerland)

I guess it's the Polish stereotype of us always complaining...

DO BOJU!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:55 am

When tournaments came that Poland qualified in, the coaches we had before had lost the team before the tournament started after "successful" qualifying campaigns. Nawalka managed to keep it going let alone an unbeaten streak. Poland is atop 4 team of most points earned in group. Games were not so perfect at times or as good as we would like but you cant deny Nawalka hasnt been a success.

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:24 am

legia_piotr wrote:possession stats? really?
hahahaha jeezus.

If you're seriously using that as an indicator of how well we played vs. Germany, I don't even know what to say.
We are NEVER going to out-possess teams like Germany, Spain, etc. The Germs out-possessed us and outpassed us 3 to 1, 4 to 1, whatever... they had two half-chances, we totally frustrated them and played amazing team defense AND we had the better scoring opportunities (still can't forgive Milik for that one).
KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
You're not honestly drawing the same conclusions from the Ukraine match vs. the NI/Germany matches?
We rested key players, we played a different formation, we had EK I mean Serie A bums like Cionek out there... I am not saying I am happy with out performance (particularly 1st half) but come on. Nawalka took a gamble of sorts by fielding that XI - and end result? 3 points. The ends justify the means.

///

Why can't some of you just sit back and enjoy the ride? 3 games - 2 wins, 1 draw, 0 goals allowed.

(i know it hasnt been perfect (I don't think anyone is saying that) and hopefully we see an improved game vs. Switzerland)

DO BOJU!
:clap: :goal: :thumbup: :thumbup:

KnownasKrzysiu

Post by KnownasKrzysiu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:30 am

hahahaha jeezus.

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:

///

DO BOJU!

Well if you contextualise it with us not being able to keep possession nor string more than 3 passes together. Ah i give up, i'm arguing with a bunch of monkeys.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:45 am

This is ps.com. Take your big words somewhere else! (also spell them correctly)
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 am

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:
hahahaha jeezus.

KnownasKrzysiu wrote:

///

DO BOJU!

Well if you contextualise it with us not being able to keep possession nor string more than 3 passes together. Ah i give up, i'm arguing with a bunch of monkeys.
A bunch of Monkeys that know more about football than you....wtf does that say for you? :lol:

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:42 am

legia_piotr wrote:Facts are facts.
:lol: Classic PS.com quote.