Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Talk about the Polish national team
Robertski

Re: Can ya'll stop doubting Nawalka?

Post by Robertski » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 pm

pawelhuu wrote:
polskaforever wrote:The Polish team has played 30 matches in total with Nawałka as manager – they won 15, drew 11 and lost four.
In this case Mexican coach is the best coach in the world, before they lost 7 to 0 against Chile the were unbeatable in 25 matches. Also I'm talking about Nawalka lack of tactics in the last two/three matches, no idea, lack of deep, lack of crosses, bad subs, etc... we played shit in the last three matches but we were lucky, and for that, the rest of the world are still looking us as a mediocre mid lucky team, exactly as we see Portugal right now.
Disagree - poland is seen as a solid team with goals in it after this tourney we we go much higher in the rankings.

PolskaW

Post by PolskaW » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:29 pm

At the end of the day I'm happy with our performance in the tournament. We were inches from the semis but pk's are a complete gamble so anything can happen. I'm also generally happy with Nawalka, he brought together a team who 4 years ago were fractured and complete garbage. Did he make some dumb mistakes? Yeah, he should've threw on a couple of subs vs the Swiss because we were exhausted and it kinda showed he had no faith on our bench. For WC qualifiers I hope Zielinski breaks out of his shell, Kapustka continues to mature and players like Linetty can bring something to the table.

I hope our performance becomes the norm, not the exception. I think we can all agree that we have high hopes for WC qualifiers, especially given the group we have.

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Projected (not accurate but important) rankings after Euro 2016.
http://www.football-rankings.info/2016/ ... ng_24.html
Poland: 15th
The actual rankings come out July 14th.
Being Top 18 would make us move into Pot 2 which will help us get easier draws for the future in Qualifying groups.

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:40 pm

[quote="Swosz"]Projected (not accurate but important) rankings after Euro 2016.
http://www.football-rankings.info/2016/ ... ng_24.html
Poland: 15th
The actual rankings come out July 14th.
EDIT: That might be good enough to make us Pot 1 in Europe.