Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Talk about the Polish national team
Post Reply
User avatar
Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1112
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: Oakville, ON

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Piast_PL » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:02 pm

legia_piotr wrote:looking like Szczesny is out for this game.

dude can't catch a break @ the Euros eh?
Where did you read that?

All I see pop up in the news is Roma gunning for him atm on Google lol...
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

User avatar
patrickjjh
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by patrickjjh » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm

1 game against northern fakin ireland is a huge sample size :idea: :idea: :idea:
the players playing midfield on that team are the same level as the shitters he faces in ekstraklasa
ive never seen anything like this where some 30 year old wisla krakow player that couldnt cut it in china has received so much praise.
- zero creativity. krychowiak a guy who should be focused on defending helps the attack more
- weak shot that has no accuracy/if it hits the net it bounces in front of the keeper
- weak passer/ never seen him play a through ball or pass it long. we rely on a ball winning midfielder to do that, because this guy can only pass it back to glik or to the side so piszczek can do something with it
- weak physically. isnt fast or strong, looks about 130 lbs. below average height
- weak defensively.. playing without krychowiak would severely expose him

playing this guy on the midfield makes us heavily rely on the flanks. and thanks to that if teams figure that out we're done
lewan fucking dowski has to drop to the centre of the midfield many times because of this which is probably a big reason why he never gets the ball in a dangerous area
there are atleast 5 players CMs that i would play before him

Lime
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:27 pm

2-0
Image


1-3
Image

Deyna199
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4775
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:50 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Deyna199 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Image

from bild - lol
Image

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by whiteboy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 pm

?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:54 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/european-champions ... ole-threat

Germany defender Jerome Boateng: Lewandowski not Poland's sole threat


Meanwhile, Poland-born Lukas Podolski praised the progress made by Poland in recent years.

He said: "There are several big talents, and they want to at least reach the knockout stages.

"They are on a good path and could get even make it past the last 16. They are the most dangerous opponent in our group. I hope we win the group, and Poland finish second."

Poland captain Lewandowski has said his team would need to be "calm and confident" to beat Germany.

He told reporters: "For me, Germany are the favourites -- and I mean the tournament favourites. They can reach the final and win it. We know how strong they are right now.

"But we will fight. Everything is possible in a tournament. We need to remain calm and be confident."

Lime
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Lime » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:24 am

http://m.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussba ... obile.html


That photo's of the Ukraine locker room after their defeat

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:13 am

Watched this one in a Hannover Bar, my sister and I the only Non-Germans (face paint etc). We were wearing our Polish jerseys. Sister cried on my shoulder while Germans cheered and honked their cars in the streets




User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by whiteboy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:22 am

Lime wrote:http://m.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussba ... obile.html


That photo's of the Ukraine locker room after their defeat
Only see one pic
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 am

LEWANDOWSKI: "GERMANY ARE THE FAVOURITES"

http://www.dfb.de/en/news/detail/lewand ... es-148068/
Question: Mr Lewandowski, Poland looked comfortable in the 1-0 opening win against Northern Ireland. How would you rate your start to the tournament?

Robert Lewandowski: There’s always pressure in the first game. But we are happy to have three points. We were in control the whole game, even though we could have definitely scored one or two more goals. But three points are three points and now we can concentrate on Germany.

Question: How difficult will it be against the world champions?

Lewandowski: For me Germany are the tournament favourites. We know how strong Germany are at the moment, but anything can happen. We need to stay calm and be confident. Just like we did against Northern Ireland – no fear, no stress! If we get a chance, we can do it. But we have to have fun.

Question: Is it an advantage that you know most of the players from the Bundesliga?

Lewandowski: They know me just as well. We all know each other very well. We played against each other twice in the qualifiers. Germany has incredible players, every position is filled with quality.

Question: Your strike partner Arkadiusz Milik scored against Northern Ireland. How would you rate his performance?

Lewandowski: He had two or three chances. But it was important that he finished the one he did. We know each other very well, we can play very well together.

Question: You personally had problems against the Northern Irish defence…

Lewandowski: It’s not so easy when you know that the five-man defence is playing so well, and then comes a sixth. But sometimes you have to find space for others. The most important thing is that we scored.

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Re:

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:10 am

lewandowskielbasa wrote:Watched this one in a Hannover Bar, my sister and I the only Non-Germans (face paint etc). We were wearing our Polish jerseys. Sister cried on my shoulder while Germans cheered and honked their cars in the streets

ugh, I was @ that Germany v Polska game in Dortmund.
heartbreaker, to say the least. :/

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:12 am

patrickjjh wrote:1 game against northern fakin ireland is a huge sample size :idea: :idea: :idea:
the players playing midfield on that team are the same level as the shitters he faces in ekstraklasa
ive never seen anything like this where some 30 year old wisla krakow player that couldnt cut it in china has received so much praise.
- zero creativity. krychowiak a guy who should be focused on defending helps the attack more
- weak shot that has no accuracy/if it hits the net it bounces in front of the keeper
- weak passer/ never seen him play a through ball or pass it long. we rely on a ball winning midfielder to do that, because this guy can only pass it back to glik or to the side so piszczek can do something with it
- weak physically. isnt fast or strong, looks about 130 lbs. below average height
- weak defensively.. playing without krychowiak would severely expose him

playing this guy on the midfield makes us heavily rely on the flanks. and thanks to that if teams figure that out we're done
lewan fucking dowski has to drop to the centre of the midfield many times because of this which is probably a big reason why he never gets the ball in a dangerous area
there are atleast 5 players CMs that i would play before him
Holy shit man, this is just an epic shit show of bad football knowledge.

"Krychowiak a guy who should be focused on defending helps the attack more" - that is just too good... read it out loud to yourself and think of how that statement makes zero sense.

I am done here... enjoy the games.

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:15 am

Looks like we'll see 2 changes to our first XI from NI game:
Szczesny out - Fabian in (injury)
Kapustka out - Grosik in

Kapustka played a great game against NI, but Grosik absolutely deserves that spot.

so FAKEN nervous, already!

Lime
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Lime » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:10 am

Skład Polski na Niemcy:
Fabiański – Piszczek, Glik, Pazdan, Jędrzejczyk – Błaszczykowski, Mączyński, Krychowiak, Grosicki – Milik, Lewandowski.

User avatar
Mistrzu
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:36 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Mistrzu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 am

Lime wrote:Skład Polski na Niemcy:
Fabiański – Piszczek, Glik, Pazdan, Jędrzejczyk – Błaszczykowski, Mączyński, Krychowiak, Grosicki – Milik, Lewandowski.
Nawalka said he would announced the starting XI tomorrow, though this seems like the likely lineup.

User avatar
KoroniarzPL
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:39 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by KoroniarzPL » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:41 am

Boruc is starting tomorrow

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by Pulaski » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Fabiański good luck! With Pazdan in front of you ...u better strap on your big boy pants!

I do not like the lineup. I am not sold on Maczynski.
Fabiański isnt solid in my book.
and Pazdan...god help us!

I pray for a draw!!!

User avatar
mattrock
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:31 pm

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by mattrock » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Any good bars/patios in Mississauga to go to watch this game? I've done the Fregata and Atrium thing in the past but want to try something new.

User avatar
nicram
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Bramledesh

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by nicram » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 pm

orbit
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2304
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: london ontario

Re: Euro 2016: Polska - Niemcy

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Anyone going back to celebration square in mississauga? Big turn out on Sunday for the match I wonder if it will be big again given its a work week

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests