Euro 08 Rewind

Talk about the Polish national team
Focus

Euro 08 Rewind

Post by Focus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:32 pm

Going to post all three matches, vs Germany, Austria and Croatia.

How do you compare this team to the team we have now?

https://vimeo.com/170093263

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Euro 08 Rewind

Post by euro4ever » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Haha,,I remember watching that game when I was in Poland watching at one of the outdoor tents Tyskie had set up. The missed chance early by the Polish Matt Damon had an effect on the game I believe. At half time one of the Tyskie reps announced Kubica once the F1 Race in Montreal. The place went nuts..LOL

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 pm

I was at that race in Montreal we got hammered and sang the polish anthem on the track after the race. Polish boys rolled up with a 40 foot polish flag. We waited for That skinny fkk kubica for 3 hours signing and chanting his name bitch ass homie never came out to greet the best fans. They threw t-shirts and shit at us we threw the merchandise back at them lol

Anyways...That bald headed Fkk robbed us of 3 crucial points vs the home team. I wonder how much Howard Webb was paid for the extra time penalty kick he awarded Austria. That's why I don't like to look back it pisses me off. We can never get any luck we need to create a ton of offensive chances. That's how we will advance this year. Score a ton of goals

Marty
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada

Post by Marty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Roger was so much better then the other scrubs, you can just tell once he came on.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Marty wrote:Roger was so much better then the other scrubs, you can just tell once he came on.
So good that he scored an off side goal....

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Marty wrote:Roger was so much better then the other scrubs, you can just tell once he came on.
Amazing how he went from a decent player with flair plummeting to the brazilian 3rd division after barely playing with AEK and now in the brazilian 5th division :shock:

Marty

Post by Marty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Jasko watch the clip, Roger was great in the German game.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Marty wrote:Jasko watch the clip, Roger was great in the German game.
I will have to refresh my memory, but yeah he was the only one who could dribble the ball without losing it. We were so shit.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:33 am

It wasnt a successful tournament for us but it was the 1st one we qualified for and finally got one under our belt.

I cant compare that EURO 08 to EURO 16 cause EURO 16 hasnt started/finished yet.

I would say that qualifying EURO 08 campaign was similar to qualifying EURO 16.

Marty

Post by Marty » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 am

I'd go as far to say the euro 08 campaign was more convincing. I really wish we got more wins vs ireland and scotland in this campaign. This is why I dont understand why everyone is expecting so much from us, we weren't hat good in qualifying.

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:25 am

Marty wrote:I'd go as far to say the euro 08 campaign was more convincing. I really wish we got more wins vs ireland and scotland in this campaign. This is why I dont understand why everyone is expecting so much from us, we weren't hat good in qualifying.
Agreed,

Survived an onslaught at home vs germany
Scotland at home was an OK match
Another onslaught vs ireland away in the 2nd half
The georgia win at home was far from convincing, the 4-0 scoreline does not reflect how close we were to actually blowing that match

Now these last 2 friendlies were just horrible.

This team has what it takes, like we did in euro 08 and 12 but we always lack one thing and thats heart and fight. We cant seem to turn it up a notch and give it the extra 10% of effort to try and control the game. Northern irelands biggest threat is that they have nothing to lose and will go all out with the fighting irish spirit and if we can counter that then I can see us winning with ease.

Focus

Post by Focus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 pm

I was actually surprised how many chances this 08 team had against Germany. The stupid offside trap was awful in all 3 games.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:20 pm

i punched a hole in a door to my parents cold room in the basement when Webb awarded that BULLSHITTTT penalty... :lol:

the hole is still there to this day. maybe I should replace it... once we win Euro 2016 :D

PL4ever

Post by PL4ever » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:51 pm

legia_piotr wrote:i punched a hole in a door to my parents cold room in the basement when Webb awarded that BULLSHITTTT penalty... :lol:

the hole is still there to this day. maybe I should replace it... once we win Euro 2016 :D
Once we win Euro 2016, U should buy them a new house :!: ;) :lol:
Lust, Envy, Hate, Jealousy - THE 4 DEVILS!!!!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:09 pm

I cant believe some of you guys are still not over with the referee Webb. In grand scheme of things, the call isnt what made Poland not qualify past groups. In the end that call didnt matter. Poland couldnt beat Germany back then and then lost to Croatia B-team I believe...

Leo B made the players play better than they really were during qualifying but in tourney he couldnt do anymore?

I hope this is not the same in Nawalka's case....

Biggest disappointment/failure was Poland losing to Czech Rep EURO 12. That hurt for a long time. All Poland had to do was win and it was on home turf too.

Wouldnt comparing EURO 08 to EURO 12 make more sense?

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:59 pm

PL4ever wrote:
legia_piotr wrote:i punched a hole in a door to my parents cold room in the basement when Webb awarded that BULLSHITTTT penalty... :lol:

Once we win Euro 2016, U should buy them a new house :!: ;) :lol:
gladly :)

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:29 am

2016 qualifying campaign was better than 2008. Didn't we lose to Finland and Armenia?

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:57 am

Party Polak wrote:2016 qualifying campaign was better than 2008. Didn't we lose to Finland and Armenia?
We sure did, and at home. Gargula with the late goal. Tied away in Helsinki with your's truly in the away section.

Looking back, so many guys on that team just dropped off the front pages shortly after ... Matusiak, Smolarek, Lobodzinski

Here's my recap of the qualifying: https://youtu.be/UiU5-zLrTlA