Polska vs Northern Ireland

Talk about the Polish national team
Robertski

Polska vs Northern Ireland

Post by Robertski » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:56 am

Well for me this is a key game, I suspect a draw is on the cards against a very resolute Irish team who are unbeaten in 12 matches. I would hope we could keep a clean sheet but I am a little concerned by our form from the last few games. I know it is hard ro read too much into friendlies but it is not too encouraging either.
We are slow starters, but if we could get any type of win on Sunday, that would be a great start for us and set us up for the remaining two fixtures. Anyone else worried by Sundays game?

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Re: Polska vs Northern Ireland

Post by PolishPrancer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:42 am

I'm worried about Ukraine not NIreland
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:44 am

I think any Polska NT fan over the past 20 years is a bit scared of our team shitting the bed here. It's always awesome to see our boys do great in the qualifiers, but once were on the main stage set to perform we seem to choke - every time :?

I'll stay optimistic because technically this team on paper should be able to advance out of the group stages... but I'm not blind enough to ignore the other possibility that's casted a shadow over this team for a long time now on main performance gitters. World Cup 2006 still hurts :cry:
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 am

Piast_PL wrote:I think any Polska NT fan over the past 20 years is a bit scared of our team shitting the bed here. It's always awesome to see our boys do great in the qualifiers, but once were on the main stage set to perform we seem to choke - every time :?

I'll stay optimistic because technically this team on paper should be able to advance out of the group stages... but I'm not blind enough to ignore the other possibility that's casted a shadow over this team for a long time now on main performance gitters. World Cup 2006 still hurts :cry:
Dont mention 2006, please lets just put the past behind us. We have some injuries but I don't see us losing here. 2-0 Milik x2 and we getting better each game. Although, I am very interested to see who Nawalka pairs in the central mid and who he will go with alongside Glik. These are the types of decisions a good coach will make, we just have to put our support behind him and the team. I think we will be okay.

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 am

Most of the time it's the pressure in the opening match of any big tournament that is our downfall. 2002 we lost to S. Korea in the opener. 2006 we lost to Ecuador in our opener. 2008 we lost in our opener to Germany. 2012 we tied a theoretically worse Greece in the opener. For some strange reason it seems the longer this team is together, the worse the performances get. When it's short camps during the club season for qualification or even friendlies we have better results, it's almost like the players benefit more purely from their club training.
I think if we are in our strongest line up, meaning Grosicki, Piszczek, and Krychowiak are in form and fully healthy we win 1-0 or 2-1. If those players aren't ready to go, I say 0-0 draw.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 am

LegiaMistrz1 wrote:Most of the time it's the pressure in the opening match of any big tournament that is our downfall. 2002 we lost to S. Korea in the opener. 2006 we lost to Ecuador in our opener. 2008 we lost in our opener to Germany. 2012 we tied a theoretically worse Greece in the opener. For some strange reason it seems the longer this team is together, the worse the performances get. When it's short camps during the club season for qualification or even friendlies we have better results, it's almost like the players benefit more purely from their club training.
I think if we are in our strongest line up, meaning Grosicki, Piszczek, and Krychowiak are in form and fully healthy we win 1-0 or 2-1. If those players aren't ready to go, I say 0-0 draw.
If were going to talk about the past, lets be real our 2016 team is the best team we have had in decades. Cant compare Oli, Zurawski, Smolarek and these other bums to what we know have in Lewy and Milik.

Our defensive line when healthy is also coming together finally, but its not solidified yet and I hope Salamon and Glik will work out. Our midfield and wingers are very solid, especially Krzychowiak and Grosicki.

If it wasnt for Smuda we would of progressed in 2012 but hes an idiot who thinks playing defensive in a must win game is the right move. Anyways, I am sick of hearing about the past lets move on just because we lost or drew in the first couple of tourneys doesnt mean its going to happen again, especially with the best possible Polish team since the 80s.

Do bojuuuu KURWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:23 am

The past with this team has taught me to be realistic before anything else, I rather be realistic and be pleasantly surprised than overly optimistic and disappointed like so many times before. Yea we look good on paper, even in 2012 we looked good on paper and practically everyone picked us to get out of our group. These days so much more teams play football at a quality level, so it's hard to compare our success now to the success during the 70's and 80's.
The game vs. N. Ireland will decide what kind of team this is on the big stage though, at least we'll know sooner than later. If they show the same quality vs. N. Ireland as they did in qualifying many of my reservations about the Polish NT from the past will start to disappear.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:44 am

Just compare our team not to the team of the 70's but to the Kadras of the past 10 years. We have easily the best team ever right now. Even with kuba and piszczek aging, our team is still going to get better with time because of more talent being produced than retiring. The main difference between 2012 and now I find is that we were hoping to get out of the group while now we are expecting to do it.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:15 am

2-0 Polska bhoys

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

inshallah

Robertski

Post by Robertski » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:26 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:I'm worried about Ukraine not NIreland
I'm the opposite, Northern Ireland are undefeated in such along time this has a draw written all over it.

Ukraine are easier to score against, just my opinion.

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:35 pm

And Ukraine are a much harder side to defend against than Northern Ireland

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Szczesny
Piszczek-Salamon-Glik-Jędrzejczyk
BÅ‚aszczykowski-Krychowiak-Zielinski-Grosicki
Lewandowski-Milik

Zielinski needs to have the game of his life, I would save Jodlowiec for the Germany and Ukraine matches.

Bialoczerwone

Post by Bialoczerwone » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:03 pm

If grosicki is not 100% but can still play I'd start Mr cabbage. First then let grosicki be the super sub and he can run circles around N. Ireland in middle of 2ND half. Zielu we know plays well for club and we all have high hopes for him on NT buy I haven't seen he dominate in international play. Cam Is up for grabs

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:24 pm

seems like zielu is more concerned about not screwing up given the pressure of his potential then he is just playing his game. You throw some other underrated guys in there they got nothing to lose and play better.

You could tell zielu vs holland was not comfortable and nervous

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Take into consideration that Zielinski plays an entirely different formation at Empoli than our NT.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Bialoczerwone

Post by Bialoczerwone » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Zielu is a cm or CAM his ball distribution in seria A is night and day vs his kadra play. I bet nawalka starts maczynski . As always.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Bialoczerwone wrote:Zielu is a cm or CAM his ball distribution in seria A is night and day vs his kadra play. I bet nawalka starts maczynski . As always.
I can't even phantom the idea of Maczynski starting that's like playing with 10 men. We can't sit back and wait on NI we need to use our fire power and go at them.

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Start Zielinski 1st half, if he's useless never play him again for the rest of the tournament. Let Jodlowiec play the rest of the matches.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Lime wrote:Szczesny
Piszczek-Salamon-Glik-Jędrzejczyk
BÅ‚aszczykowski-Krychowiak-Zielinski-Grosicki
Lewandowski-Milik

Zielinski needs to have the game of his life, I would save Jodlowiec for the Germany and Ukraine matches.
GK yes
Back 4 yes
Mids swap Zielinski for Kapustka
Super strikers yes

Maczynski is trash. Please give Kapustka a shot.