whiteboy wrote:Easy road to the finals for croatia
And you were saying?

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Re: Euro 2016

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Let's be honest all of us thought Croatia were good for a Final, unlucky
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Left to right

Payets wife , comans wife , girouds wife...

I dont know if its just me but payets wife looks post op transgender :lol:

Marty
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada

Post by Marty » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Its clearly a black man.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Our defense will be ready for wcq and WC. Ligue 1 , Krychowiak Psg , Grosik Rennes , Rybus Lyonie, Glik Monaco now just waiting on a nice team to grab Pazdan and he better not go to Turkey for 2 million that would be a joke. Although, not too sure he can pass a medical.

I like the French league for our guys above

MG

Post by MG » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Pretty reasonable analysis on TSN and the same score-line I'm predicting :

Poland vs. Portugal - Marseille, June 30

Poland

Key Stat: Only one goal conceded in more than 300 minutes.

Strength: Solid Spine. The team has excellent shape in a 4-4-2, and is particularly strong through the middle of the field. Michal Pazdan and Kamil Glik have been a top centre-back pairing, while Grzegorz Krychowiak is as steady as they come in the holding role. They are resolute in defending and show impressive discipline (11 fouls committed per game).

Weakness: Secondary Scoring. There is a lack of creativity through the midfield, particularly down the middle. That often leaves the attack duo of Robert Lewandowski and Arkadiusz Milik isolated. They need better service and support in attacking positions to get the most out of the pair. Three goals at Euro — two scored by Jakub Blaszczykowski — isn’t good enough.

Portugal

Key Stat: Cristiano Ronaldo has a tournament high 34 shots.

Strength: Pragmatic Approach. We have seen four different Portugal teams and different performances. Manager Fernando Santos has brought defensive discipline to the team, standing as the only consistency. They are difficult to break down and are prepared to play ugly when they have to. It’s the sacrifice by top players to play the way the coach demands that makes this group dangerous.

Weakness: Playing Not to Lose. The team has yet to win over 90 minutes at the tournament. They played it safe in their last two matches and were allowed to commit 28 fouls to kill any momentum in the game against Croatia. Another referee may have not been so lenient. Perhaps an inability to consistently finish in front of goal has them playing conservative/defensive at times. Or perhaps it’s merely the touch of Santos.

Key Matchup

Lewandowski vs. Pepe. The Bayern Munich man scored 42 goals in 51 club games on the season, yet hasn’t found the mark in this tournament. Eight shots in four games illustrate his struggles to get involved. The match-up against Pepe is intriguing, as the Portuguese centre-half has played very well and regularly frustrated opponents. Jose Fonte looks to be a better partner alongside Pepe than 38-year-old Ricardo Carvalho. The duo will undoubtedly force other Polish players to beat them, forcing Lewandowski deep to get involved with the play.

Prediction: Poland 2-1 in extra time

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:51 pm

"Its quiet progress to the last eight came about after a masterclass in high-pressing against Switzerland in the last round. One Polish newspaper, Sport, went a little overboard on coach Adam Nawalka’s tactics, not even calling him the Polish Diego Simeone, but wondering if Simeone should be called the Argentine Nawalka"

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:09 am

PUTIN, WE ARE COMING!!!
Last edited by lewandowskielbasa on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:26 am

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:51 am

In 2012, we couldn't defeat anyone in 90 minutes

In 2016, we didn't lose to anyone in regulation

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:In 2012, we couldn't defeat anyone in 90 minutes

In 2016, we didn't lose to anyone in regulation
Still we have a lot to improve.

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

I wish Nawalka used all three of his subs against Portugal so people wouldn't be able to make this stupid argument that if we put Boruc in we would of won.
First off putting in Boruc doesn't guarantee a win.
Second, why would he change Fabianski when he won a shootout with Fabianski in net. If he did put Boruc in and we still lost people would of been ripping it into him even harder as to why he changed a winning formula.
Lose-lose situation for Nawalka if we lose penalties with Fabianski or Boruc. No one would of praised Nawlaka for putting Boruc in if we lost.
Boruc might be a better penalty saver but in that situation I agree with Nawalka and keeping Fabianski in net.

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:08 am

Swosz wrote:I wish Nawalka used all three of his subs against Portugal so people wouldn't be able to make this stupid argument that if we put Boruc in we would of won.
First off putting in Boruc doesn't guarantee a win.
Second, why would he change Fabianski when he won a shootout with Fabianski in net. If he did put Boruc in and we still lost people would of been ripping it into him even harder as to why he changed a winning formula.
Lose-lose situation for Nawalka if we lose penalties with Fabianski or Boruc. No one would of praised Nawlaka for putting Boruc in if we lost.
Boruc might be a better penalty saver but in that situation I agree with Nawalka and keeping Fabianski in net.
It's always going to be a tough call, but we only won vs the swiss because the guy missed. Fabianski was nowhere near any of the Pk's. This tactic has been used more then once before in major tournaments. Only God knows if puting Boruc vs Portugal Pks would of made a difference but I do think Boruc is a little more intimidating then Fabianski.

I just think overall Nawalka was a bit too conservative in his overall tactics. Lets see what approach he goes with in a few months.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:12 am

We all saw Fabianski wasn't going to save any penalties right after Swiss and Ronaldos shot. End of story. Boruc should have been on
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Swosz

Post by Swosz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Boruc had not played a single minute, he would of been cold off the bench and I doubt in that position he would of been that much of better option.
If making a change I don't understand why no one was calling for Szczensny who is the tallest, has the greatest reach and would look the most intimidating in net. The nostalgia of Boruc here is real.
I just understand why Nawalak did not make the change and can agree with his judgement in that situation.

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:41 pm

Swosz wrote:Boruc had not played a single minute, he would of been cold off the bench and I doubt in that position he would of been that much of better option.
If making a change I don't understand why no one was calling for Szczensny who is the tallest, has the greatest reach and would look the most intimidating in net. The nostalgia of Boruc here is real.
I just understand why Nawalak did not make the change and can agree with his judgement in that situation.
Boruc is a great penalty saver and he proved it over the last few seasons and in penalty shoot outs he's been in. Fabianski really didn't come close to saving anything. Boruc would have at least guessed the side that it was going once or twice.

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 pm

This boruc being cold argument is not a good argument...its a shoot out and he has 3 choices to make...dive left dive right or stay in the center. Its not like he has to read plays, challenge crosses, etc. I believe had boruc gone in net it would have given us a better chance at winning. Fabiam guessed 2/10 times correctly over tbe two shootouts. As a goalkeepee yes it takes luck but also takes a bit of intelligence as to where to dive

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:35 pm

jerzy_dudek1 wrote:This boruc being cold argument is not a good argument...its a shoot out and he has 3 choices to make...dive left dive right or stay in the center. Its not like he has to read plays, challenge crosses, etc. I believe had boruc gone in net it would have given us a better chance at winning. Fabiam guessed 2/10 times correctly over tbe two shootouts. As a goalkeepee yes it takes luck but also takes a bit of intelligence as to where to dive

you're also missing the point that opposing players study the other goalkeeper. it fucks with the mindset when they see a switch in a net especially a gk who favors certain movements. IDK if Boruc wouldve saved anything but he wouldve frustrated the kick takers into taking different shots

MG

Post by MG » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:27 am

Former Polish Coach Antoni Piechniczek with what I would say is a great rational analysis of Poland's Euro 2016 campaign ... overall the quick summary is it's a good start but things could still significantly improve (just a note the interview is in Polish)

http://eurosport.onet.pl/pilka-nozna/eu ... erc/cvfhc6

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:34 pm

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - World Champs vs Hosts