2018 World Cup Qualifying

Talk about the Polish national team
User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Image

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:44 pm

I think this is our previous lose - 2016 Qualifying in September '15

Image

Image

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:44 pm

Group A
Sweden - 13
France - 13
Holland - 10
Bulgaria - 9

Group B
Switzerland - 18
Portugal - 15
Hungary - 7

Group C
Germany - 18
Northern Ireland - 13
Czechia ;) - 9

Group D
Serbia - 12
Ireland - 12
Wales - 8
Austria - 8

Group E
Polska - 16
Montenegro - 10
Denmark - 10

Group F
England - 14
Slovakia - 12
Slovenia - 11
Scotland - 8

Group G
Spain - 16
Italy - 16
Albania - 9
Israel - 9

Group H
Belgium - 16
Greece - 12
Bosnia - 11
Cyprus - 7

Group I
Croatia - 13
Iceland - 13
Turkey - 11
Ukraine - 11



18 - Germany & Switzerland
16 - Polska, Spain, Italy & Belgium
15 - Portugal
14 - England

13 - France, Croatia, Iceland, Sweden & Northern Ireland


^ 13 spots based on point total in qualifying. Solid group only Sweden the surprise. I believe everyone else competed in Euros '16

User avatar
Bielawa
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/BIELAWA POLAND

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Bielawa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:52 pm

karny9 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:43 am
polskaforever wrote:"smash the group" :lol:

Look at the past groups JDE posted. Poland came in last place, 2nd last, last etc Where do you see that Poland is a team that wins their games that we think they shouldve?

Its a very tough group.
So as I was saying before you rudely interrupted, Poland should smash the group. Stary, nastepny raz mysl pozytywnie. Inaczej, wygladasz jak chuj.

gada jak głupie polaczek 😂

Lucasjeha
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm
Location: Aparecida-SP-Brazil
Contact:

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lucasjeha » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:49 am

Hello guys, as I didn't find any Introduction Thread, I'll make my introduction here, together with some comments on the Polish NT.

I'm a huge football fan from Brazil, who's also a fan of some great and classic Polish football players like Lato, Deyna and Boniek. Actually, since a kid I like Poland quite a lot, I have some very good memories of playing with Poland in SNES International Super Star Soccer. I'm also interested to get more familiar with Polish culture and learn more about the country history, I believe that here I will be able to do that, football and society walks very closely as time goes by. All that said, let's go about the NT comments:

I'm very happy to see how Poland has been performing lately, Nawalka has a strong leadership with the squad and the organization has been a very strong point in the team for quite a few years already, which is a great sign for the upcoming WC. In modern football, that kind of organization is very important and without that, even a team full of talents, could fall apart.

The team has some great players to build a strong base, like Lewandowski, Glik, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek, Szczesny and Fabianski, with some very talented young players like Kapustka and Milik to add some great deapth to an already strong squad. In my opinion, it's the best formation Poland has gotten since the 1982 WC team. There were some good players in 2002, but I believe right now, Poland can expect to reach the Quarter Finals in the WC.
I don't know how the FA works and if there was any special development in the last decade, but the truth is that Poland grew a lot and can be considered an important and respectable force of Europe right now. It's great to see as Poland has presented the world with some fantastic football in the 70's and 80's and I hope this quality can become a regular occurance in the present and future.

I really can't wait for next year, sadly Poland couldn't come to my country in 2014, but I'm sure 2018 will be a great year for all fans of Polish football!

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by whiteboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 am

welcome! :wave:
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 am

Our record speaks for itself - few loses. We have a strong defense and rely on Lewandowski, whom has transformed from fan base "Mr.Tap In" to simply Robert.

We recognize the mediocrity of the qualifying group. But feel based on our performance over 90 minutes in the recent Euro's - March to Moscow

EDIT: And myself & others from this forum will be attending.

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am

To get more in depth. I felt our depth was seriously lacking once we reached the Knockout Stage.

Our promising young midfield is coming into place but Krychowiak is falling apart. We do not have an answer for Kuba/Grosicki.
Injuries would easily derail us.

Polak: Lewandowski & Milik will be fed by an improving midfield and defense will hold fort (Glik).

From a macro view: Polska would be at disadvantage against Latin/South America. But in control against Asia, Middle East/African

Quarter-Finals would technically be upgrade based on recent Euro '16 performance + World Cup expanded field.

Truth: We do not have the depth, especially late in knockout games to Win the tournament. But we have all the weapons necessary to knock any team in the tournament out!
Last edited by lewandowskielbasa on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:21 am

Did I even mention Polski goalkeeper?!

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by whiteboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:45 am

what the fuck are you even talking about?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:29 am

whiteboy wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:45 am
what the fuck are you even talking about?
We're going back to Russia sweetie. I've been told I was once before the Iron Curtain felt. This trip might make or break my plans to return to Polska/EU. Hopefully we draw a decent city. Not some shithole and get our ass kicked (physically by hooligans)

Regardless my 2018 plans: Russia - Skarzysko - Wroclaw - Berlin

> I dunno about you fellas but most of my family is still at the hometown that we left in the 1980's. Going back is mindfuck but also makes you dream big
Last edited by lewandowskielbasa on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 am

I need to experience how Deutschland is holding up

lol. You punks are gonna be like: Krakow - Szczecin - Gdansk - Warsaw



To recap Brazilian Bro: we are awaiting the draw so we can get our hotel rooms. Coach has 1 year to build depth. Our wing attack looks non-existent beyond the starters. We will run outta gas if Lewy/Milik carry us that far.

I AM CONFIDENT. Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła,

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:38 am

It will be interesting how the Polish fan base breaks up by
- Australia
- Britain
- Canada
- USA

I have my USA bros in mind. Our team is steady and focused.

Lucasjeha
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm
Location: Aparecida-SP-Brazil
Contact:

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lucasjeha » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am
To get more in depth. I felt our depth was seriously lacking once we reached the Knockout Stage.

Our promising young midfield is coming into place but Krychowiak is falling apart. We do not have an answer for Kuba/Grosicki.
Injuries would easily derail us.

Polak: Lewandowski & Milik will be fed by an improving midfield and defense will hold fort (Glik).

From a macro view: Polska would be at disadvantage against Latin/South America. But in control against Asia, Middle East/African

Quarter-Finals would technically be upgrade based on recent Euro '16 performance + World Cup expanded field.

Truth: We do not have the depth, especially late in knockout games to Win the tournament. But we have all the weapons necessary to knock any team in the tournament out!
Very spot on analysis, especially about the Quarter Final prediction, I think that will probably gonna be where the team will reach, but with a bit of luck with who the team gets on those rounds, a Semi Final can also be something achiveable.

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Lucasjeha wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 pm
lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am
To get more in depth. I felt our depth was seriously lacking once we reached the Knockout Stage.

Our promising young midfield is coming into place but Krychowiak is falling apart. We do not have an answer for Kuba/Grosicki.
Injuries would easily derail us.

Polak: Lewandowski & Milik will be fed by an improving midfield and defense will hold fort (Glik).

From a macro view: Polska would be at disadvantage against Latin/South America. But in control against Asia, Middle East/African

Quarter-Finals would technically be upgrade based on recent Euro '16 performance + World Cup expanded field.

Truth: We do not have the depth, especially late in knockout games to Win the tournament. But we have all the weapons necessary to knock any team in the tournament out!
Very spot on analysis, especially about the Quarter Final prediction, I think that will probably gonna be where the team will reach, but with a bit of luck with who the team gets on those rounds, a Semi Final can also be something achiveable.
Are you or any friends from Brazil making the trip to Russia?

Lucasjeha
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm
Location: Aparecida-SP-Brazil
Contact:

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lucasjeha » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 am

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm
Lucasjeha wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 pm
lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am
To get more in depth. I felt our depth was seriously lacking once we reached the Knockout Stage.

Our promising young midfield is coming into place but Krychowiak is falling apart. We do not have an answer for Kuba/Grosicki.
Injuries would easily derail us.

Polak: Lewandowski & Milik will be fed by an improving midfield and defense will hold fort (Glik).

From a macro view: Polska would be at disadvantage against Latin/South America. But in control against Asia, Middle East/African

Quarter-Finals would technically be upgrade based on recent Euro '16 performance + World Cup expanded field.

Truth: We do not have the depth, especially late in knockout games to Win the tournament. But we have all the weapons necessary to knock any team in the tournament out!
Very spot on analysis, especially about the Quarter Final prediction, I think that will probably gonna be where the team will reach, but with a bit of luck with who the team gets on those rounds, a Semi Final can also be something achiveable.
Are you or any friends from Brazil making the trip to Russia?
Unfortunatelly not, the economical crisis in Brazil has decreased a lot our money value, it's very difficult to plan any trip oversea, but I'll sure be following it on tv, that's gonna be a very good WC.

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Lucasjeha wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 am
lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm
Lucasjeha wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 pm
lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am
To get more in depth. I felt our depth was seriously lacking once we reached the Knockout Stage.

Our promising young midfield is coming into place but Krychowiak is falling apart. We do not have an answer for Kuba/Grosicki.
Injuries would easily derail us.

Polak: Lewandowski & Milik will be fed by an improving midfield and defense will hold fort (Glik).

From a macro view: Polska would be at disadvantage against Latin/South America. But in control against Asia, Middle East/African

Quarter-Finals would technically be upgrade based on recent Euro '16 performance + World Cup expanded field.

Truth: We do not have the depth, especially late in knockout games to Win the tournament. But we have all the weapons necessary to knock any team in the tournament out!
Very spot on analysis, especially about the Quarter Final prediction, I think that will probably gonna be where the team will reach, but with a bit of luck with who the team gets on those rounds, a Semi Final can also be something achiveable.
Are you or any friends from Brazil making the trip to Russia?
Unfortunatelly not, the economical crisis in Brazil has decreased a lot our money value, it's very difficult to plan any trip oversea, but I'll sure be following it on tv, that's gonna be a very good WC.
Understood. But at-least you were able to enjoy the recent World Cup in Brazil. I live in California and the Russian WC coincides with it being about time to make another trip. I haven't been to Europe since 2013.

User avatar
lewandowskielbasa
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Krychowiak enjoying himself "with Celia"

Image

Lucasjeha
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm
Location: Aparecida-SP-Brazil
Contact:

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lucasjeha » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:04 am

Poland just got P6 into the FIFA Rankings, probably getting to P5 in the next month's ranking! :D

MG
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by MG » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:14 am

So I wanted to summarize my thoughts on Poland's qualification run so far ...

Facts: After 8 games we need 3 points (if Denmark and Montenegro tie each other on Oct. 5th) or 4 points (if they don't tie each other then).

Opinions: Best Formation ... 4-4-2

How I see it with Milik back to full force this is our best tactical formation

Key Points and Issues:

Defense - Although for now I wouldn't make huge changes in this formation as I think I think we can qualify for the World Cup without making huge changes in our defense I do believe our defense needs the most work out of all formations so once we qualify (which I think we will) I would do some significant experimentation especially in the middle of the defense ie Kaminski, Bednarek?

Midfield - Here I just have one point ... after this past 2 game set it's quite clear Krychowiak is vital to this team.

Attack - Our attack looks much better and much more potent with Lewandowski and Milik together and that's irrelevant of how many times Milik misses glorious chances.

Starting 11 for October games ...

Szczesny/Fabianski (there equally as good, Nawałka can't go wrong with either pick)

Piszczek-Glik-Pazdan-Rybus

Kuba-Krychowiak-Zielinski-Grosik (I'm giving Krychowiak the benefit of the doubt that he smoothly jumps into WBA)

Lewandowski-Milik
Last edited by MG on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests