2018 World Cup Qualifying

Talk about the Polish national team
User avatar
karny9
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:05 pm
Location: Łódź

2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by karny9 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:32 pm

The qualifying draw takes place this Saturday, July 25th at 18:00 local time in St. Petersburg, Russia (11:00 am EST). They aren't airing it on tv in Canada but FIFA.com is live streaming it and their stream quality is always HD and good quality. Hope we get a good draw!

:poland: :poland:

User avatar
Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: Oakville, ON

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Piast_PL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks karny9! Definitely will make for a fun filled Saturday on the forum hopefully.
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4240
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:39 pm

#Pot3 #ThanksNawałka #Zawałka
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

User avatar
Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: Oakville, ON

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Piast_PL » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Wow we've been blessed with this group.
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

jam-role
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:24 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by jam-role » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Piast_PL wrote:Wow we've been blessed with this group.
We have,but then again, we are no great shakes either.
Romania is not great, neither is Denmark. Not sure about montenegro .
Just need a couple of better players coming through now.
The coach HAS TO STOP playing peszko/maczynski though, if he cannot see the blindingly obvious (ie they are useless) then he HAS TO GO , and maybe bring in a foreign coach)

User avatar
LewandowskiBvB
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by LewandowskiBvB » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:51 pm

We definitely have the best team on paper, I'd say were through for sure.
Image

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4240
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 pm

LewandowskiBvB wrote:We definitely have the best team on paper, I'd say were through for sure.
That's what we always say, or 2nd best on paper.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Lempus
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lempus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Denmark is a good team, beatable, but they have some strong talent going through the ranks right now, and with a new coach after the Euros, I think its gonna be very hard, but very nice teams we got from the two top pots. Dont quite know Romania, but the group theyre in now, aint the strongest.

Montenegro we know can be tough, especially at home. Armenia holds some strenght too, beat Denmark 4-0 away a couple of years ago.

Its gonna be close, this might end up with only the 1. place going through, with all the teams taking points from eachother, this group might end as the number 9 rank, and miss the play-off spot.

User avatar
LewandowskiBvB
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by LewandowskiBvB » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:39 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:
LewandowskiBvB wrote:We definitely have the best team on paper, I'd say were through for sure.
That's what we always say, or 2nd best on paper.
Realistically speaking Romania only have 2 or 3 players playing at the top level. Only problem I see in this group is Denmark but looking at their squad they also don't have many stars. Then when you look at us you see multiple very good players. It's all about mentality..
Image

User avatar
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:01 pm
Location: Jastkowice > Ottawa > London > New York
Contact:

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by jastkowice » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Grupa A - Holandia, Francja, Szwecja, Bułgaria, Białoruś, Luksemburg
Grupa B - Portugalia, Szwajcaria, Węgry, Wyspy Owcze, Łotwa, Andora
Grupa C - Niemcy, Czechy, Irlandia Północna, Norwegia, Azerbejdżan, San Marino
Grupa D - Walia, Austria, Serbia, Irlandia, Mołdawia, Gruzja
Grupa E - Rumunia, Dania, POLSKA, Czarnogóra, Armenia, Kazachstan
Grupa F - Anglia, SÅ‚owacja, Szkocja, SÅ‚owenia, Litwa, Malta
Grupa G - Hiszpania, WÅ‚ochy, Albania, Izrael, Macedonia, Liechtenstein
Grupa H - Belgia, Bośnia i Hercegowina, Grecja, Estonia, Cypr
Grupa I - Chorwacja, Islandia, Ukraina, Turcja, Finlandia
Image

User avatar
patrickjjh
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by patrickjjh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:31 pm

We got the easiest pot 1 and 2 teams :lol:

User avatar
patrickjjh
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by patrickjjh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Romania is made up of a couple players on Steaua and Ludogorets, 2 benchwarmers on Udinese and Tottenham, and some Arabs. They have no striker

Denmark has depth but only 1 really good player, and Id rather face them than Iceland, Czech or Slovakia

User avatar
Beefstar
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:28 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Beefstar » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Wow, I didn't realize Romania is in the top 10 FIFA rankings.

This feels like an easy group, but I have no idea how strong Denmark and especially Romania are. Montenegro is tough, but beatable.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

User avatar
JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by JDE » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:58 pm

LewandowskiBvB wrote:
PolishPrancer wrote:
LewandowskiBvB wrote:We definitely have the best team on paper, I'd say were through for sure.
That's what we always say, or 2nd best on paper.
Realistically speaking Romania only have 2 or 3 players playing at the top level. Only problem I see in this group is Denmark but looking at their squad they also don't have many stars. Then when you look at us you see multiple very good players. It's all about mentality..
Realistically speaking, we're still an enigma comprised of an abundant history of failure and shortcomings, who's fans have no claim to excitement and bravado over a seemingly favorable draw no matter the distinction between us and our opponent on paper.

I've lived through too many draws that at first filled me with euphoria and then left me in a nightmare of reality.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

So what, now we live is some reality where Denmark, Romania and Montenegro are teams we should "realistically speaking" overcome? Our track record dictates otherwise.

Until this team arrives in France and actually does something of significance, they are not, and have not, in the times of our generation, given us any indication that we should feel like we have the superior team on the pitch - transfermarket worth, on paper dreams, or other such lucid thoughts, are inconsequential fantasies that stray far from past and present reality.

This team has to actually accomplish something worthwhile before we herald them as favorites in the midst of the opponents for our 2018 qualifying group.

I'm a little negative today with shit going on in my life, but surely, we've been burnt too many times with the kadra to be optimistic until they actually prove our confidence in them is justifiable. Get the fuck to France and don't shit yourselves is all I ask.

/rant :naughty:
Last edited by JDE on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lempus
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lempus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:00 pm

patrickjjh wrote:Romania is made up of a couple players on Steaua and Ludogorets, 2 benchwarmers on Udinese and Tottenham, and some Arabs. They have no striker

Denmark has depth but only 1 really good player, and Id rather face them than Iceland, Czech or Slovakia
Who is the 1 good player?

Denmark just played u/21 and was beaten in the semis by Sweden who won the tournament, despite being the best team.

This u/21 team has very good players.

Højbjerg from Bayern Munchen, 19 years old. Plays on the A-team too.
Andreas Christensen, 19 years. Plays for Chelsea, currently loaned out too Gladbach. Plays on A-team too.
Yussuf Poulsen, 21 years. Plays for RB Leipzig, romoured to some big clubs, scored for the danish A-team against Serbia.
Pione Sisto, 20 years. Plays in Midtjylland, but romoured to Dortmund, Barcelona, Ajax, Porto, one of the bigggest talents for his age, this guy is gonna be good.
Jannik Vestergaard, 22 years. A beast, starter for Werder Bremen.
Lasse Vigen, 20 years, Starter for Fulham, has lots of potential.
Viktor Fischer, 21 years, Starter for Ajax, really great.

And then the A-team have offcourse Christian Eriksen from Tottenham, Daniel Agger former Liverpool player, Krohn-dehli just tranferred to Sevilla, Okore starter for Aston Villa, and the lord of lords Nicklas Bendtner.

All these guys are only going to become better.

Only weak string is their attack, where they ONLY have Lord Bendtner, and nobody else. Put Lewandowski on that team, and it would be great.

We can beat them, no doubt, but it isnt going to be easy. Im half danish half polish btw, so if you wanna know anything about Denmark, just let me know.

User avatar
LewandowskiBvB
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by LewandowskiBvB » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:59 pm

JDE wrote:
LewandowskiBvB wrote:
PolishPrancer wrote:
LewandowskiBvB wrote:We definitely have the best team on paper, I'd say were through for sure.
That's what we always say, or 2nd best on paper.
Realistically speaking Romania only have 2 or 3 players playing at the top level. Only problem I see in this group is Denmark but looking at their squad they also don't have many stars. Then when you look at us you see multiple very good players. It's all about mentality..
Realistically speaking, we're still an enigma comprised of an abundant history of failure and shortcomings, who's fans have no claim to excitement and bravado over a seemingly favorable draw no matter the distinction between us and our opponent on paper.

I've lived through too many draws that at first filled me with euphoria and then left me in a nightmare of reality.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

So what, now we live is some reality where Denmark, Romania and Montenegro are teams we should "realistically speaking" overcome? Our track record dictates otherwise.

Until this team arrives in France and actually does something of significance, they are not, and have not, in the times of our generation, given us any indication that we should feel like we have the superior team on the pitch - transfermarket worth, on paper dreams, or other such lucid thoughts, are inconsequential fantasies that stray far from past and present reality.

This team has to actually accomplish something worthwhile before we herald them as favorites in the midst of the opponents for our 2018 qualifying group.

I'm a little negative today with shit going on in my life, but surely, we've been burnt too many times with the kadra to be optimistic until they actually prove our confidence in them is justifiable. Get the fuck to France and don't shit yourselves is all I ask.

/rant :naughty:
I know what you mean... looking back to the 2008 when we were top of the group beating and drawing Portugal, Smolarek being the top scorer of the qualifiers we had to so much to look forward to and then embarrassment.. same as 2006 and 2012. It's like they don't care, other than Poland I don't know a single team that fucks up at the end; 2006 against Germany, 2008 against Austria, Greece in 2012 to an extent and against Ireland this qualifying campaign.
Image

User avatar
Borubar
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Borubar » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:41 pm

Typical polacy always thinking negative first. :lol: JDE I feel your pain I really do I was there in 2002, skiping school for the Korea vs Polska game only to go back after lunch with my head down. In 2006 where in qualifying we were undefeated and only got beat by England x2. Then sitting at the bar watching the Ecuador vs Poland WC with my buddy ditching work only to go back all hammered and explaining why we were late. 'Obrona czestochowy' vs Germany where my heart was stabbed in the dying minutes of the game. 2008 where we had the best qualifying campaign embarrassing the pork chops and tying them away..... and then shitting our pants in Austria. There really is not a whole lot of optimism but lets see what our boys can do in France. We are on the brink of qualifying please dont fail us boys!! Nawalka seems to have a magic wand stuck up his ass with recent results and this very favourable World Cup draw!

LETS BE POSITIVE BOYS!! We are in a new era, our national team is finally proving their worth!

User avatar
Lime
Posts: 409
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Lime » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Team needs to gain confidence by finishing off the remaining Euro qualification campaign strong and doing well during the Euro. I would say we're the favorites of the group.

User avatar
Sydney Polak
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Sunshine Coast / Sydney

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by Sydney Polak » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:28 am

WOW What a brilliant draw for us. So happy right now. I'm going to be optimistic on this as I always am and say we come 1st. I agree that this will be a tight group and i can see Montenegro or Armenia pulling off some upsets at home but this is between us and Denmark. The only thing that worries me is the age of our best players and weather we'll have enough prospects in time for the actual tournament should we qualify. I'm expecting abuse because of my optimism.
34- Komorowski , Szukala
33- Fabianski , Piszczek ,
32- Broz , Blaszczykowski , Jodlowiec
31- Tyton , Rzeźniczak
30- Glik , Pazdan , Grosicki , Jedrzejczyk
29- Lewandowski
28- Szczesny , Rybus , Krychowiak , Klich
Image

User avatar
LewandowskiBvB
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by LewandowskiBvB » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:02 pm

1. kolejka, 4 września 2016 roku:
godz. 18.00: Kazachstan – Polska
Dania – Armenia
Rumunia – Czarnogóra

2. kolejka, 8 października 2016:
godz. 20.45: Polska – Dania
Armenia – Rumunia
Czarnogóra – Kazachstan

3. kolejka, 11 października 2016:
godz. 20.45: Polska – Armenia
Kazachstan – Rumunia
Dania – Czarnogóra

4. kolejka, 11 listopada 2016:
godz. 20.45: Rumunia – Polska
Armenia – Czarnogóra
Dania – Kazachstan

5. kolejka, 26 marca 2017:
godz. 20.45: Czarnogóra – Polska
Armenia – Kazachstan
Rumunia – Dania

6. kolejka, 10 czerwca 2017:
godz. 20.45: Polska– Rumunia
Kazachstan – Dania
Czarnogóra – Armenia

7. kolejka, 1 września 2017:
godz. 20.45: Dania – Polska
Kazachstan – Czarnogóra
Rumunia – Armenia

8. kolejka, 4 września 2017:
godz. 20.45: Polska – Kazachstan
Armenia – Dania
Czarnogóra – Rumunia

9. kolejka, 5 października 2017:
godz. 18.00: Armenia – Polska
Czarnogóra – Dania
Rumunia – Kazachstan

10. kolejka, 8 października 2017:
godz. 18.00: Polska – Czarnogóra
Dania – Rumunia
Kazachstan – Armenia
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests