2018 World Cup Qualifying

Talk about the Polish national team
karny9

Re: 2018 World Cup Qualifying

Post by karny9 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Lempus wrote:Denmark is a good team, beatable, but they have some strong talent going through the ranks right now, and with a new coach after the Euros, I think its gonna be very hard, but very nice teams we got from the two top pots. Dont quite know Romania, but the group theyre in now, aint the strongest.

Montenegro we know can be tough, especially at home. Armenia holds some strenght too, beat Denmark 4-0 away a couple of years ago.

Its gonna be close, this might end up with only the 1. place going through, with all the teams taking points from eachother, this group might end as the number 9 rank, and miss the play-off spot.
Great point. Ecstatic about who we got from the first two pots, but less than thrilled about Montenegro Armenia and Kazakhstan. Those teams WILL take points from the top 3, especially at home. Montenegro has been sliding but Armenia is on the upswing. That being said, we could have been in the Spain Italy group. Im being optimistic but I think we're going to smash this group. Denmark was the last 2nd placed team last time around, it'd be terribly unfair if that happened again.

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:03 pm

I'm seeing Romania and Denmark being our two toughest opponents in the group at the moment.
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

Piotrkol1

Post by Piotrkol1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Clearly we lucked out a bit, as we could have drawn much tougher opposition from the first two pots that would have made the possibility of finishing first a mere fantasy. However, I'm not about to forget 2010 when Poland and Czech Republic were supposedly placed in a very weak qualifying group, and then neither country ended up making it.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 am

"smash the group" :lol:

Look at the past groups JDE posted. Poland came in last place, 2nd last, last etc Where do you see that Poland is a team that wins their games that we think they shouldve?

Its a very tough group.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 am

This is a live group. No favorite. Anyone can take this...

Lets hope its Polska!!!

karny9

Post by karny9 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:14 pm

polskaforever wrote:"smash the group" :lol:

Look at the past groups JDE posted. Poland came in last place, 2nd last, last etc Where do you see that Poland is a team that wins their games that we think they shouldve?

Its a very tough group.
It is by no stretch of the imagination a "very tough group". If we got Spain, Italy and Turkey then I would consider that very tough. Its the World Cup, if you can't beat montenegro, denmark or romania then you don't belong there. The pot 4,5,6 teams are by no means ideal, but if you're worried about those teams then just forget qualifying all together. And the Poland team that we have now isn't the Poland team of the past so there's no point using past qualification attempts as a comparison.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:13 pm

karny9 wrote:

Its a very tough group.
It is by no stretch of the imagination a "very tough group". If we got Spain, Italy and Turkey then I would consider that very tough. Its the World Cup, if you can't beat montenegro, denmark or romania then you don't belong there. The pot 4,5,6 teams are by no means ideal, but if you're worried about those teams then just forget qualifying all together. And the Poland team that we have now isn't the Poland team of the past so there's no point using past qualification attempts as a comparison.
Yes it is the same team as in the past. We cant play like a "team" 9 out of 10 times.

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:37 am

Sydney Polak wrote:WOW What a brilliant draw for us. So happy right now. I'm going to be optimistic on this as I always am and say we come 1st. I agree that this will be a tight group and i can see Montenegro or Armenia pulling off some upsets at home but this is between us and Denmark. The only thing that worries me is the age of our best players and weather we'll have enough prospects in time for the actual tournament should we qualify. I'm expecting abuse because of my optimism.
34- Komorowski , Szukala
33- Fabianski , Piszczek ,
32- Broz , Blaszczykowski , Jodlowiec
31- Tyton , Rzeźniczak
30- Glik , Pazdan , Grosicki , Jedrzejczyk
29- Lewandowski
28- Szczesny , Rybus , Krychowiak , Klich
Lewandowski will be in his Prime at 29. Also we still have Milik, Linetty, and Bielik. 30 is also not to bad for a footballer. Glik will still be playing. Szczesny, Rybus, and Krychowiak will still be young. Our squad will change and we will get new players. Hopefully some young Polish center backs develop into world class players.
Last edited by KoroniarzPL on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:41 am

I think we can get 1st.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:45 pm

PL4ever

Post by PL4ever » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Montenegro is always a "BITCH" to play against ! :evil: otherwise need to win @ home and tie on the road verse Denmark and we are looking good 8-) I HOPE?! :?
Lust, Envy, Hate, Jealousy - THE 4 DEVILS!!!!

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:09 pm

I'm going to the Denmark and Armenia games.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

PolskaW

Post by PolskaW » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:03 pm

We are favourites heading into the WC qualifying campaign. Romania, while decent, are pretty underwhelming. Denmark is slowly getting their shit together but I don't think they are reaching anywhere near their full potential, but I think they will be the most challenging team. The rest are minnows who are known to steal points from stronger teams and will likely do so once again.

I'm glad we didn't get a power house team like Germany or Italy, but we need to take each game seriously or else we could be in trouble early on in the campaign.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Poland winning the 1st three games would be awesome :!:

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:45 pm

The side is good enough to progress.
Its a very mediocre group we are in,Rumania i have watched quite a few times recently at the euro and qualifying and they are a very very poor side, have to be taking minimum 4 points from them, Montenegro have gone backwards in recent years and while they will be difficult at their place again we should be taking minimum 4 points.The only other side worth mentioning as potential rivals are the Danes, again, i have watched them a few times recently and again, a very mediocre side.
All in all we got a very favourable group, of course we might not make it but i think the team has a bit of momentum now, and we will top the group by a good 4 or 5 points.

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 pm

10 points from the fall round would be awesome, with the rest of the crop taking points off each other.

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:41 am

Likeliness of guys like Wokski, Zielenski, Kapustka starting for us?

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:00 pm

polskazfynezt69 wrote:Likeliness of guys like Wokski, Zielenski, Kapustka starting for us?
Wolski - Probably not yet

Zieliński - Ask again in 6 months

Kapustka - highly probable
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

karny9

Post by karny9 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:21 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:I'm going to the Denmark and Armenia games.
Tickets haven't been released yet have they? Because I plan on going to both too. But I remember that when I got my ticket for the Ireland game same time last year, it wasnt on sale until late August.

karny9

Post by karny9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:43 am

Its a very tough group.
So as I was saying before you rudely interrupted, Poland should smash the group. Stary, nastepny raz mysl pozytywnie. Inaczej, wygladasz jak chuj.