|WCQ| |Poland vs England| |October 15th 2013|

Talk about the Polish national team
jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: |WCQ| |Poland vs England| |October 15th 2013|

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:00 am

Again this all comes down to heart

We have the quality to be good but we just dont believe in our selves...When we play our players mentality is "I dont want to screw up" and we are very shaky. No one wants to see the ball or take control of the ball. Nations that we should be able to beat or atleast be on par with like ukraine and montenegro they come into the game with the mentality "im going to kill it tonight" and you can even see it on their faces prior to kick off. The only one with that mentality on the fielld is kuba

Its always the same story that we have such a strong team when the players are playing for their clubs, but when they play together for the NT everyone's too cautions and afraid of messing up which makes them mess up more.

We should have qualified for brazil easily...on paper this was a fantastic draw for us

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 am

I dont think too many of us are shocked about the outcome of this campaign. Again, no real philosophy, horrible tactics and call ups that make anyone shake their head.

Apart from him bringing in Zielinski, Pawlowski, and my favorite Boruc. Fornalik did not instill anything special in this team. Leaving the kolorowe lisy behind was something that needed to be done, if you cant speak Polish or refuse to learn it properly than you do not belong on a Polish side. That is my opinion and if players dont think its crucial to be one unit then these Obraniaks, Boenisch, Perquis and Polanski' should no longer be called upon. If anything they divided our locker room which made things worse than better.

Now, about the system, I had a good laugh watching us trying to string a couple of passes together and then the ball would come to MLewandowski i think he thought he was still playing in 2002 when he decided to donkey kick each ball up field for a home run pass that hasnt worked in years and will never work with this lone striker role. Then, I watched as he galloped along and couldnt keep up with any of the English players it was truly a sad day. Keeping with a defensive formation is what continues to hurt this club. Why do we end up going 2 DMs if they are not adding anything to our game. We need somebody to link the back line to the mid and we have nobody.

A good point was made by one of the experts on futbol cafe, forgot the dudes name but he use to play for Poland as a left back long long time ago. He said why are we putting players in the wrong positons, we dont have a left back so move the tactics around to make it work. Put a support player on the wing that will move back and forth to help that side. It just boggles my mind that we cannot get away from making the same mistakes over and over again.

Lewandowski has been shitted on soooo many times, and last night rightfully so, horrible passing and zero cold blood for a decent finish. Maybe the pressure is getting to him too, but he needs support up front and thats the bottom line.

I hope the manager can create something out of our defense but playing new players each game is not helping with forming a proper back line. If we look back to 2002 and 2006 we had the same defenders playing game in game out. Hajto, Klos, Waldoch, Glowacki, although they weren't the best but worked well together. These Wojtowiak's, Celebans and Szukulas are not the answer, what needs to happen is the same group of guys need to play constantly. Piszczek was a big blow to our backline, but we need to find good young backs and throw them in and make them play through thick and thin. These upcoming friendlies I hope will showcase our younger players and not bring in the Wasilewski, Mlewandowski, Wojtowiak and so on

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 am

What we need is a foreign coach plain and simple and work with what we have to the best of the players abilities. Our best players play abroad and they dont want to play for a Polish coach. Just look at the level of play on the field and Obraniak quitting the NT this campaign.

Poland isnt a powerful footballing nation. Something similar to Greece and work our way from there..

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 am

jastkowice wrote:I dont think too many of us are shocked about the outcome of this campaign. Again, no real philosophy, horrible tactics and call ups that make anyone shake their head.

Apart from him bringing in Zielinski, Pawlowski, and my favorite Boruc. Fornalik did not instill anything special in this team. Leaving the kolorowe lisy behind was something that needed to be done, if you cant speak Polish or refuse to learn it properly than you do not belong on a Polish side. That is my opinion and if players dont think its crucial to be one unit then these Obraniaks, Boenisch, Perquis and Polanski' should no longer be called upon. If anything they divided our locker room which made things worse than better.

Now, about the system, I had a good laugh watching us trying to string a couple of passes together and then the ball would come to MLewandowski i think he thought he was still playing in 2002 when he decided to donkey kick each ball up field for a home run pass that hasnt worked in years and will never work with this lone striker role. Then, I watched as he galloped along and couldnt keep up with any of the English players it was truly a sad day. Keeping with a defensive formation is what continues to hurt this club. Why do we end up going 2 DMs if they are not adding anything to our game. We need somebody to link the back line to the mid and we have nobody.

A good point was made by one of the experts on futbol cafe, forgot the dudes name but he use to play for Poland as a left back long long time ago. He said why are we putting players in the wrong positons, we dont have a left back so move the tactics around to make it work. Put a support player on the wing that will move back and forth to help that side. It just boggles my mind that we cannot get away from making the same mistakes over and over again.

Lewandowski has been shitted on soooo many times, and last night rightfully so, horrible passing and zero cold blood for a decent finish. Maybe the pressure is getting to him too, but he needs support up front and thats the bottom line.

I hope the manager can create something out of our defense but playing new players each game is not helping with forming a proper back line. If we look back to 2002 and 2006 we had the same defenders playing game in game out. Hajto, Klos, Waldoch, Glowacki, although they weren't the best but worked well together. These Wojtowiak's, Celebans and Szukulas are not the answer, what needs to happen is the same group of guys need to play constantly. Piszczek was a big blow to our backline, but we need to find good young backs and throw them in and make them play through thick and thin. These upcoming friendlies I hope will showcase our younger players and not bring in the Wasilewski, Mlewandowski, Wojtowiak and so on
You make some good points in this post wow i think this is a first for PS.COM!!! :mrgreen:
There were two good performances last night and they were from Wojtech and Krychowiak who was excellent and may well be polanski's replacement as our Defensive mifielder down the line.
As many who see my posts will know, i have NEVER been a big fan of Lewy but on reflection he may be an asset to our NT IF IF IF the new coach gets his head outta his ass and realizes he is not great as a LONE striker,he needs a partner,who that would be i have no idea.
I would build the team around piszczek lewy krychowiak and KUba.
The coach was out of his depth a blind man could see it,fingers crossed PZPN come up with something imaginative.
One final thing,im glad MLewandowski confirmed for me what i said befoe the ukraine game,he's like a fish outta water on the NT stage,i actually felt sorry for him out there last night,it was embarassing.
4th in a very poor group is well,honestly expected but tragic at the same time...

Piotrkol1

Post by Piotrkol1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:38 am

Was Boruc actually injured or was there some sort of other underlying reason as to why he didn't play?
jastkowice wrote:
Now, about the system, I had a good laugh watching us trying to string a couple of passes together and then the ball would come to MLewandowski i think he thought he was still playing in 2002 when he decided to donkey kick each ball up field for a home run pass that hasnt worked in years and will never work with this lone striker role. Then, I watched as he galloped along and couldnt keep up with any of the English players it was truly a sad day.
Yes, but it looked like just about all of our players were struggling to cope with the speed of Townsend and Sturridge.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Krychowiak made at least 5 bad passes, he wasnt excellent.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Piotrkol1 wrote:Was Boruc actually injured or was there some sort of other underlying reason as to why he didn't play?
jastkowice wrote:
Now, about the system, I had a good laugh watching us trying to string a couple of passes together and then the ball would come to MLewandowski i think he thought he was still playing in 2002 when he decided to donkey kick each ball up field for a home run pass that hasnt worked in years and will never work with this lone striker role. Then, I watched as he galloped along and couldnt keep up with any of the English players it was truly a sad day.
Yes, but it looked like just about all of our players were struggling to cope with the speed of Townsend and Sturridge.
I completely agree! This is a question of tactics and the system, we were able to shut down the Ukraine wing attack by neutralizing their threat, we collapsed their space by using three of our players, and we actually won balls. It was almost zonal we had one guy cut off the wing and two supporting players to shut down the pass. It worked really well for the most part.

Fornalik failed yesterday by not adapting to the speed of the wingers, both wingback should be staying at home not venturing out and getting burned every couple of minutes. Moreover, our defenders cannot pass a ball longer than 10 feet. They just need to kick it back to the goalie, then Lewy can come back and dribble it up the field(joke) - but this is how frustrated I feel with this team they cant pass to each other at all.
Last edited by jastkowice on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:06 pm

jam-role wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
You make some good points in this post wow i think this is a first for PS.COM!!! :mrgreen:
There were two good performances last night and they were from Wojtech and Krychowiak who was excellent and may well be polanski's replacement as our Defensive mifielder down the line.
As many who see my posts will know, i have NEVER been a big fan of Lewy but on reflection he may be an asset to our NT IF IF IF the new coach gets his head outta his ass and realizes he is not great as a LONE striker,he needs a partner,who that would be i have no idea.
I would build the team around piszczek lewy krychowiak and KUba.
The coach was out of his depth a blind man could see it,fingers crossed PZPN come up with something imaginative.
One final thing,im glad MLewandowski confirmed for me what i said befoe the ukraine game,he's like a fish outta water on the NT stage,i actually felt sorry for him out there last night,it was embarassing.
4th in a very poor group is well,honestly expected but tragic at the same time...
Prancer also recognized this..... - Krychowiak played well defensively but his passing 2 games in a row now has been horrendous. He cannot place a ball to his partner and keeps coughing it up. I am very surprised by this, he plays for a decent French club, you think he would not make stupid mental errors like this. I dont know if its his inexperience but it killed us again last night. Maybe his position should be as a central back, I hate to take guys out of position but we need to get creative. If we have zero options we need to adapt a new system with players switching roles. If Solomon had some decent game time he could be the answer to our CB position(Glik has the other) but he doesnt play regularly , people say maybe he should go as the lone DM because he has experience there, and is pretty quick but not enough playing time.

I hate to say it but I have a bad feeling its going to be some jack ass Polish coach once again, I hope Boniek proves us wrong and brings someone decent.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:15 pm

jerzy_dudek1 wrote:Again this all comes down to heart

We have the quality to be good but we just dont believe in our selves...When we play our players mentality is "I dont want to screw up" and we are very shaky. No one wants to see the ball or take control of the ball. Nations that we should be able to beat or atleast be on par with like ukraine and montenegro they come into the game with the mentality "im going to kill it tonight" and you can even see it on their faces prior to kick off. The only one with that mentality on the fielld is kuba

Its always the same story that we have such a strong team when the players are playing for their clubs, but when they play together for the NT everyone's too cautions and afraid of messing up which makes them mess up more.

We should have qualified for brazil easily...on paper this was a fantastic draw for us
Dudek, this is a huge point you make here. Ukraine literally beat us up the first game they attacked our bodies and legs and we rolled around like a bunch of italians. Last game vs Ukraine same shit they tried to fkk us mentally and physically, but this time we actually fought back. We as a nation are full of pride and known to be hard workers but on the pitch our players in short, are pushovers.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

nicram wrote:Sometimes you need to just let your bias die...

who & what are you referring to?

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:19 pm

legia_piotr wrote:

Prancer and his love/hate for Majewski/Mierzejewski respectively.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:08 pm

nicram wrote:
legia_piotr wrote:

I see Majewski right now as a player who could help the Polish team out as an awesome sub. Mierzejewski has gotten SO MANY CHANCES and hes never played above average.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

MarcinSki

Post by MarcinSki » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:48 pm

jastkowice wrote:I dont think too many of us are shocked about the outcome of this campaign. Again, no real philosophy, horrible tactics and call ups that make anyone shake their head.

Great post

But I don't see enough talent to avoid calling on those players. Fortunately we have 3 years to nurture talent if we are to go that route. I know we had "questionable lineups" but that England game could have easily been 0-3.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 pm

nicram wrote:
legia_piotr wrote:

got ya :mrgreen:

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:05 am

So nice to read.. if only it were actually true

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/barne ... 38096.html
Former England captain Terry Butcher hailed Tuesday night's performance as England's best of the qualifying campaign, coming when they most needed it with only victory good enough at Wembley.

"In the Montenegro game we were very good against a stubborn team, but Poland are much better so it was the best performance for me," Butcher said.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 am

Piecyk02 wrote:So nice to read.. if only it were actually true

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/barne ... 38096.html
Former England captain Terry Butcher hailed Tuesday night's performance as England's best of the qualifying campaign, coming when they most needed it with only victory good enough at Wembley.

"In the Montenegro game we were very good against a stubborn team, but Poland are much better so it was the best performance for me," Butcher said.
:roll: <-- Nothing else to say

Marty
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada

Post by Marty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:26 am

about foreign players, i dont think perquis, boenisch, orpolanski have ever caused any division in the lcker room, in fact i always see polanski coming out talking to lewy or somebody else. But obraniak on the other hand you can tell is a brat. he on pitch attidude, red cards, and when he laehed out at smuda for subbint him all point to hik being the root of any of those problems.

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Marty wrote:about foreign players, i dont think perquis, boenisch, orpolanski have ever caused any division in the lcker room, in fact i always see polanski coming out talking to lewy or somebody else. But obraniak on the other hand you can tell is a brat. he on pitch attidude, red cards, and when he laehed out at smuda for subbint him all point to hik being the root of any of those problems.
But since Obraniak resigned our NT get worse, at last he was very good in the free kicks and corners now we don't have any player to take the free kicks. Most of his red cards were unfair BTW, also he got upset with Smuda because it was the last seconds of the match, it was a free kick at our favor and Smuda sub him off only to ensure the tie.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Zielinski has great free kicks, and Majewski proved an easy replacement for Obraniak's free kicks/corners. All these experts talked about keeping Obraniak for his free kicks only, but thats not the case with Majewski? :o

Focus

Post by Focus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:11 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:
nicram wrote:
legia_piotr wrote:

I see Majewski right now as a player who could help the Polish team out as an awesome sub. Mierzejewski has gotten SO MANY CHANCES and hes never played above average.
STOPPPPPP