The next few Years...

Talk about the Polish national team
tpolish

The next few Years...

Post by tpolish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm still an internal optimist and hoping we can qualify for the World Cup and not Embarrass ourselves but that is looking less and less a possibility. The qualifying part at least.

Anyways I was at the USA qualifying game vs. Panama here in Seattle and can't believe I'll say it, but seems like the US team would crush Poland. Never thought I'd be able to say it, but as a team, they actually look like they know what they are doing with the ball and have playmakers unlike Poland.

So where do we go from here? Besides a new coach, who do we have that might bring some hope to Poland? I saw a few clips of Zielinski and Wolski but never actually seen them in person and youtube can make anyone look good. Do we have any future International stars on the way? I think we need to focus on Euro 2016. That's obvious but what's it going to take?

Also, hate to bring race into it, but since we are one of the only countries that sports and "All-white" squad, is that a reason why we are not as competitive or athletic as other countries? I actually appreciate that we try to play an All-polish team but maybe the whole "White Men can't jump" is playing a factor even more these days.

polskaforever

Re: The next few Years...

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm still an internal optimist and hoping we can qualify for the World Cup and not Embarrass ourselves but that is looking less and less a possibility. The qualifying part at least.
:lol: You are delusioned. Look at PZPN thread regarding Fornalik stats...
Anyways I was at the USA qualifying game vs. Panama here in Seattle and can't believe I'll say it, but seems like the US team would crush Poland. Never thought I'd be able to say it, but as a team, they actually look like they know what they are doing with the ball and have playmakers unlike Poland.
Look where USA is ranked compared to Poland in the world. USA will put up a fight where as Poland will flop after 30mins if not sooner.
So where do we go from here? Besides a new coach, who do we have that might bring some hope to Poland? I saw a few clips of Zielinski and Wolski but never actually seen them in person and youtube can make anyone look good. Do we have any future International stars on the way? I think we need to focus on Euro 2016. That's obvious but what's it going to take?
yea Euro 2016 is our next focus with a foreign coach. We had two PL coaches and they failed...

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 pm

First of all look at USA's group they have close to mastered playing at 70% vs completely shit South American teams.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:58 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:First of all look at USA's group they have close to mastered playing at 70% vs completely shit South American teams.
Thats a poor excuse. Did Poland beat Moldova last game?

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

dont forget USA has Klinsmann. A world class coach like Jurgen brings a whole new
dimension/mentality to a NT. as long as the NT has some skill he can make due.

from recent memory I think Beenhakker had done a decent job. now if we can BUILD on that experience
and go after foreign coaches I think that can help us get started on building something...

:idea:
Last edited by polskazfynezt69 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 pm

polskazfynezt69 wrote:dont forget USA has Klinsmann. A world class coach like Jurgen brings a whole new
which is retarded how a soccer nation cant afford a quality coach but USA can.

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 pm

polskaforever wrote:
polskazfynezt69 wrote:dont forget USA has Klinsmann. A world class coach like Jurgen brings a whole new

i think they CAN, it's simply that they wont spend the $$$ to hire someone worthy.

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:52 am

polskazfynezt69 wrote:
polskaforever wrote:

i think they CAN, it's simply that they wont spend the $$$ to hire someone worthy.

That or nobody wants the "prestigious" post of Poland's Coach... =\

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Fornalik is probably the worst NT manager we had in the past 2 decades. What the hell was the reasoning behind hiring this noname scrub in the first place? Hopefully they axe him soon, so we can have Obraniak playing for us again.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:01 pm

MrMariusz wrote:Fornalik is probably the worst NT manager we had in the past 2 decades. What the hell was the reasoning behind hiring this noname scrub in the first place? Hopefully they axe him soon, so we can have Obraniak playing for us again.
As long as we try a different formation and Obraniak plays as LM im for it. If the argument is for him to play CAM again once Fornalik gets fired then forget it.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:49 am

The Fornalik hate is cute.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Piotrkol1

Post by Piotrkol1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 am

tpolish wrote:Anyways I was at the USA qualifying game vs. Panama here in Seattle and can't believe I'll say it, but seems like the US team would crush Poland.
Well, you'd have to think that Jurgen Klinsmann would have his team on a tight leash in practice before such a match-up. He wouldn't want to lose to his old rivals.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:38 am

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:30 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:The Fornalik hate is cute.
What's so "cute" for you?

The hate is warranted and justified.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:56 pm

AKsoldier wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:The Fornalik hate is cute.
What's so "cute" for you?

The hate is warranted and justified.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:50 pm

He is our squad from 2002

Are they better than what we have now?

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:21 pm

We had better centerbacks back then only IMO.

And that would change as well if Glik, Salamon, Celeban, Szukala, Kaminski, Jedrzejczyk or Komorowski step it up.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Gola, how old were you in 2002? :lol:

We def had better CBs, better LBs (Michał Żewłakow and Marek Koźmiński) and I would venture to say Dudek was a top 10 (if not top 5) goalie in the world around that time (not to mention that Matysek was a helluva goalie too). Forwards... Oli was not as good as Lewy of course, but at least we had more than one fucking capable striker. :lol: These sorts of comparisons are fun but sorta pointless. On paper, you could say we certainly have more talented youngsters nowadays (Zielinski, Wolski, Salamon, etc.) but it's useless if they aren't playing on a regular basis. Eventhough he eventually flew off the rails, Jurek Engel was a master tactician with that 2002 team. It was a pleasure to watch those games... they were nerve-wracking as fuck, but those teams were fun.

ah man, good times!!

Ps - Paweł Sibik ftw! :lol: 8-)

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:27 pm

On paper, that 2002 team looks good but don't forget that some of those players weren't at their prime while some were past it already. Since its so long ago, its hard to tell. Still, right now, the bvb trio is far away from any of those players. Boruc > Dudek. Dudek may of had a better club career but he did shit for our nt compared to Boruc. Dudek a top 5 keeper? In 2006 Boruc was a top 3 keeper, and it looks like Boruc has regained most of his form since leaving Celtic.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 am

I love Boruc... prob my fave player of all time. He did pretty well @ Fiorentina for the most part and has played really well at So'ton from what I've seen. He's 33, I don't think he'll ever reach the heights of WC 06 and Euro 2008 when he was pretty much the only player that showed up to those tournaments.

Dudek gets a lot of flak -- hell, I think him moving to Real was the biggest pussy move ever -- but he was an awesome fucking keeper. He was definitely top 5 in the world during his prime. But I can agree with you in terms of Boruc's NT performances being better than Dudek's. (You could also say Dudek always had a better D in front of him though... and perhaps Boruc-like heroics weren't needed from him, for the most part)

Individually, I don't think there's any doubt that our current team is better than the 02 team (BVB trio and all that). You ask me (and JDE 8-) ) though... Jacek Krzynówek was the most talented player from that era. (Although he was mostly a sub in the 2002 qualification phase)

Anyways, this is a nice trip down memory lane... that 2002 qualification was really the first time that I virtually watched every qualifier, most of them @ Fregata (I watched a bunch of the Euro 2000 qualifiers too, but this was not the era of streams and sports bars carrying virtually every game haha). Hell, I was even @ the game live & in person vs Norway in Chorzow when Polska beat Norwegia 3:0 and clinched a WC spot 8-) Stare, dobre czasy. :poland: