Talk about the Polish national team
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

WCQ Poland VS Ukraine | 19:45 | March 22nd |Stadion Narodowy

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Opinions?

Post who you would want to start.
Obviously Majewski would be a miracle for me, but well probably see the same old lineup since its a Qualifier.
Either Obraniak or Mierzejewski in the middle.

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Re: WCQ Poland VS Ukraine | 19:45 | March 22nd | Stadion Sla

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Lukasik is neither experienced enough, nor has the physical ability that Krychowiak has. I'd much rather start him.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Borubar

Post by Borubar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:17 pm

uuuugh... Stadion Slaski? :lol:

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey Borubar, fuck you haha. i checked on multiple sites and put Stadion Slaski. But its actually Stadion Narodowy so PP or Greg change that shit brahs. Thanks
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Lukasik is neither experienced enough, nor has the physical ability that Krychowiak has. I'd much rather start him.
Krychowiak has played 5 games

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:09 pm

patrickjjh wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:Lukasik is neither experienced enough, nor has the physical ability that Krychowiak has. I'd much rather start him.
5 really good games. He also plays in a far better league.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Re: WCQ Poland VS Ukraine | 19:45 | March 22nd |Stadion Naro

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Thats obvious, but theyll end up both starting because well play our 4-3-2-1

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:40 am

patrickjjh wrote:
What nitram said.

Lukasik is also much more green then him. Sure play him in friendlies, but not in a fixture that actually matters.

Anyway, we have to keep in mind that Ukraine is quite the physical side. The legacy of Soviet style training lingers there and their players are quite athletically capable, not to mention their current crop of midfielders and defenders are for the most part, large and hold a physical presence. Lukasik is a scrawny kid, Krychowiak is not.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 am

Ok whatever, Å‚ukasik and krychowiak will still both play anyway,

and with their soviet style training they lost to montenegro and couldnt beat fukn moldova

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 am

patrickjjh wrote:Ok whatever, Å‚ukasik and krychowiak will still both play anyway,

and with their soviet style training they lost to montenegro and couldnt beat fukn moldova
Doesn't mean we can treat them as a push over. Need to field our best possible team.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Post by JDE » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 pm

nicram wrote:
patrickjjh wrote:Ok whatever, Å‚ukasik and krychowiak will still both play anyway,

Doesn't mean we can treat them as a push over. Need to field our best possible team.
We have no depth or replacements to field anything else but our supposed best by default :oops:

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Post by JDE » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 pm

For instance, I'd love to sit Obraniak on the bench so both him and his ego can take a cold shower and he can come back on the pitch with some hunger and drive, without the feeling no matter what, the position is his, but we all know, including him, that's not an option we are afforded.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

JDE wrote:
nicram wrote:

We have no depth or replacements to field anything else but our supposed best by default :oops:
A lot of nations have this problem.

I don't expect Ukraine to be a pushover. They will want to improve their situation in the standings. Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us because Poland is weak.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I literally have no idea what you guys are talking about re: Łukasik being a scrawny kid and somehow lacking in physical ability. I don't think anyone is comparing him physically to Radek Kaluzny or Eugen Polanski here, nor do you have to... Anyways, this kid can run for 90 mins every game & then some.

For a 21-year old, he is very positionally sound and rarely gets caught out of position as a DM. He doesn't have the long-range passing skills that Borysiuk does (for ex) but he is certainly already a better passer than Polanski (IMO at least)
In a 4-2-3-1 you need players like that.

I am not saying he should start vs. Ukraine but I hardly think the "legacy of Soviet style training" is going to be an impediment to Łukasik being effective.

That said, I am curious as to why Fornalik didn't call up Polanski last time around. Does that mean he won't be called up for the March friendlies as well?

ps -- I also thought the Krychowiak-Łukasik DM pairing was one of the very few positives to take away from the Ireland game.
Last edited by legia_piotr on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 pm

polskaforever wrote:
JDE wrote:
nicram wrote:

A lot of nations have this problem.

I don't expect Ukraine to be a pushover. They will want to improve their situation in the standings. Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us because Poland is weak.
I come from Poland. You no say Poland weak.

[youtube]fzLtF_PxbYw[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Piotrkol1

Post by Piotrkol1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:15 pm

This a pretty much a make or break game for Ukraine so we have to be ready because they're going to come out flying. If they lose then they're pretty much finished. A win for us would be great but given how poolry they played last time out against Ireland I'm thinking four points from these two games might be the best case scenario.

js367124

Post by js367124 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 pm

The level of talent we field and the level or talent Ukraine fields are very similar. See no particular advantage in this genre of comparison.

The game is going to be decided by determination, disposition of the day, strategy, luck.

While our recent friendly performances against ireland and uraguay have been disheartening and disappointing it does not mean that this game is lost by any means.

Both us and the ukraninains have shown that we are capable of occasionaly playing good soccer, occasionaly playing with the big teams, but we have also both shown very uneven form where we are occasionaly capable of losing to teams worse then us.

If the poland that tied england shows up we sould be good. Especially if the ukraine that tied Moldova shows up. But if the Ireland Poland shows up and the ukraine that tied england shows up might be very difficult.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I think Poland has way better players than Ukraine, we just don't play well together. Which is all that matters

thebadguy

Post by thebadguy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm

cant wait for this game thinking about hitting up a polish bar for it
|| WISLA (1906) KRAKOW ||

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Lately Lewy is a ghost. Not pumped for this game. Polska going downhill lately. :/ :(