Bring back Artur campaign...

Talk about the Polish national team
User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

Hussaro wrote:
Pan Borkowski wrote:A rookie?

Have you guys even watched a single minute of EPL football this year?

Szczesny is an EPL star, much bigger star then Boruc ever was.
Star... getting rammed 8 times by ManU, that's your star ?
Szczesny wasn't at fault for any but maybe one of the 8 goals. :roll:

Players up their game vs Germany? Sure, but that was a typical Szczesny performance. He does that every week in the EPL. Why do you think he is praised so much?

Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Hussaro
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Hussaro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:30 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
The shit d is why i don't want Fab any where near the line up at the Euros.

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
The shit d is why i don't want Fab any where near the line up at the Euros.
Why?

He is a great shot stopper, probably the best out of all of our keepers.
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5143
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:27 am
Contact:

Post by Pan Borkowski » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Hussaro wrote:
Pan Borkowski wrote:A rookie?

Have you guys even watched a single minute of EPL football this year?

Szczesny is an EPL star, much bigger star then Boruc ever was.
Star... getting rammed 8 times by ManU, that's your star ?
The same keeper that was voted Arsenal's best player in August and September, and who saved our ass against Germany.. Szczesny#1

Boruc LOL



Thanks Artur for fucking up my plans to visit South Africa

Hussaro
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Hussaro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
The shit d is why i don't want Fab any where near the line up at the Euros.
Why?

He is a great shot stopper, probably the best out of all of our keepers.
Cause hes a wuss and u need some one to smack our d around, hes weak on 1 on 1 and with our retarded d those will happen plenty.

Hes had his chance and he has shown he cant carry this team, you need an exceptional talent to carry these bums to some sort of respectability and he lacks it.

User avatar
dwa.zero
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:47 am
Location: killa queens, NY

Post by dwa.zero » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Pan Borkowski wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
Pan Borkowski wrote:A rookie?

Have you guys even watched a single minute of EPL football this year?

Szczesny is an EPL star, much bigger star then Boruc ever was.
Star... getting rammed 8 times by ManU, that's your star ?
The same keeper that was voted Arsenal's best player in August and September, and who saved our ass against Germany.. Szczesny#1

Boruc LOL



Thanks Artur for fucking up my plans to visit South Africa[/quote

He's saved our ass from getting embarrassed more times than I can recall- can I remind you of the games against Germany at the WC and Austria at Euro in particular? He was fucking superman w/ some of the saves he pulled off, and not just in those games mind you- why the sudden hate for Boruc?

Also, playing well for barely half a season does not qualify you to be considered a 'star' re: Szczesny- he has a lot of work ahead of him to even be mentioned in the same breath as Boruc (who is still starting, at least to my knowledge, at Fiorentina)

User avatar
polskadan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2041
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:30 am
Location: Morgantown/Gdansk
Contact:

Post by polskadan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 pm

But to be fair I can find a lot more videos on amazing Boruc saves...

see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goocs_eoz_Q&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2qw1m8c4U
Image

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
The shit d is why i don't want Fab any where near the line up at the Euros.
Why?

He is a great shot stopper, probably the best out of all of our keepers.
Cause hes a wuss and u need some one to smack our d around, hes weak on 1 on 1 and with our retarded d those will happen plenty.

Hes had his chance and he has shown he cant carry this team, you need an exceptional talent to carry these bums to some sort of respectability and he lacks it.
Fabianski tells the D to do shit as well. I remember clearly him yanking RVP by the collar during a corner some game awhile back.

Which keeper isn't weak with 1 on 1? The only keeper I know who isn't is Szczesny, but you want him on the bench. :roll:

Fabianski had his chance and performed well every time. He got injured for awhile and let Szczesny take his place for both club and country. Not much more to the story than that.
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Hussaro
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Hussaro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:48 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
The shit d is why i don't want Fab any where near the line up at the Euros.
Why?

He is a great shot stopper, probably the best out of all of our keepers.
Cause hes a wuss and u need some one to smack our d around, hes weak on 1 on 1 and with our retarded d those will happen plenty.

Hes had his chance and he has shown he cant carry this team, you need an exceptional talent to carry these bums to some sort of respectability and he lacks it.
Fabianski tells the D to do shit as well. I remember clearly him yanking RVP by the collar during a corner some game awhile back.

Which keeper isn't weak with 1 on 1? The only keeper I know who isn't is Szczesny, but you want him on the bench. :roll:

Fabianski had his chance and performed well every time. He got injured for awhile and let Szczesny take his place for both club and country. Not much more to the story than that.
Boruc is better 1 on 1, maybe watch some games or stick to the canadien national team where u belong.

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 am

:lol: I think there is nothing more to respond to.
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

User avatar
andyzOr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8151
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: tu i tam, tam i tu

Post by andyzOr » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:18 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Hussaro wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Regardless if we use Szczesny or Boruc, a goalkeeper is only as good as his defense, and we have a mighty shit defense.
The shit d is why i don't want Fab any where near the line up at the Euros.
Why?

He is a great shot stopper, probably the best out of all of our keepers.
Cause hes a wuss and u need some one to smack our d around, hes weak on 1 on 1 and with our retarded d those will happen plenty.

Hes had his chance and he has shown he cant carry this team, you need an exceptional talent to carry these bums to some sort of respectability and he lacks it.
Fabianski tells the D to do shit as well. I remember clearly him yanking RVP by the collar during a corner some game awhile back.

Which keeper isn't weak with 1 on 1? The only keeper I know who isn't is Szczesny, but you want him on the bench. :roll:

Fabianski had his chance and performed well every time. He got injured for awhile and let Szczesny take his place for both club and country. Not much more to the story than that.
:lol:

Sometimes I don't know whether you are serious with your posts or you just respond just for the sake of posting. You kinda reminds me of kks(Benek)

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 am

I don't know, I just kinda watch every Arsenal match and have an opinion about Arsenal players. Kinda strange. :oops:
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

User avatar
andyzOr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8151
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: tu i tam, tam i tu

Post by andyzOr » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:09 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I don't know, I just kinda watch every Arsenal match and have an opinion about Arsenal players. Kinda strange. :oops:
Yea but im not questioning your what you know/watch. But than again, didn't you say that Polish dude from Bordeaux was gonna be a top dog? What happened there mate? Not even cutting it for a weak team I see.

Maybe you do watch Arsenal play every week, good for you...But this topic isn't about Arsenals benefit or Chelseas, or Everton's etc... its our NT benifit. Flappy shows nothing in a Poland T shirt. Has lack of character, is too soft, and its not enough being a shot stopper and pulling "someones collar", to show that your into a leadership standpoint.

Fabian pulled his shirt, Boruc would of prolly choked him, difference being. Hes too immature...and soft for a GK role for us, even more a armband role. Plus Boruc actually starts for a decent team in a top league, Fabian does not. Boruc for the armband!

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 am

Have you not even watched Krychowiak highlights in the past half year for either club or country? The guy is talented. If he can't make it for Bordeaux's first team this year and has to go on loan again, then that's alright. Much better than Szczepaniak who got sent back to Lubin after failing to make an impact on a significantly weaker Ligue 1 side.

Since when does the goalkeeper role mean armband? Heck, Goalkeeper is the last spot on the team I would like to see an armband. Others have already covered why so in this thread, it's late and i'm not going to repeat them. You are right, it's not enough being a great shot stopper, which is why I don't want Fabianski starting for us when we have Szczesny who is that and more. However, this is not to say I don't want to see Fabianski as #2.

If you think Fiorentina is a bigger team than Arsenal. :lol: I don't think you meant it that way though... Fabianski may not be starting right now because of Szczesny, but Fabianski showed last season before his injury he is much more than capable of starting for a top team in a top league, and I am confident that he will give it his all for the NT. Sometimes it's nicer to have a consistent shotstopper you can trust like Fabianski over someone like Szczesny who could one day attempt to fake a striker out and stupidly loose the ball, like he nearly did against Germany.
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

User avatar
FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2806
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 am

Post by FearTheMullet » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:59 am

It's not even a question, Boruc is a better goal keeper than both @ arsenal. The ONLY reason he's not playing for our NT is because he had a spat with Smuda, and was dropped. What you're forgetting is Szczensy didn't win his spot on the back of his amazing skills, and performances, he won his spot on the back of Boruc's arrogance towards Smuda. IE Smuda didn't want a player on his team that was going to give him shit. Smuda is a big pussy, and Boruc let him know. Sometimes you need a strong character, I think Boruc was one we could have used. Now, skill aside, Boruc is also 3 times as experienced as both Arsenal bums. I use bum lightly, Szczesny is definitely one for the future, he's our De Gea. But you don't see De Gea starting for Spain, do you? Because they have Casillas. Who's our Casillas? Boruc. It's not even a question, Boruc IS better than Szczesny. He's better one-on-one, has better reflexes, and has experience to boot. almost 300 top flight games to Szcesny's 50~. Even if you compare where he played, he's got 36 games for Fiorentina (serie a is a good league), to Szczesny's 20some run outs at Arsenal. He's also got international experience; CL, qualifiers, tournaments. He's hands down the better keeper. And, I repeat, the ONLY reason he's not playing is because Smuda threw a hissy fit. Sure, Artur could have apologized, but he won't. He's stubborn like all Polaks. On the other hand, Smuda could give up on his wounded pride too, but HE wont because he's stubborn like all Polaks. Literally anyway you slice it, he's better than both Arsenal keepers

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:48 am

FearTheMullet wrote:It's not even a question, Boruc is a better goal keeper than both @ arsenal. The ONLY reason he's not playing for our NT is because he had a spat with Smuda, and was dropped. What you're forgetting is Szczensy didn't win his spot on the back of his amazing skills, and performances, he won his spot on the back of Boruc's arrogance towards Smuda. IE Smuda didn't want a player on his team that was going to give him shit. Smuda is a big pussy, and Boruc let him know. Sometimes you need a strong character, I think Boruc was one we could have used. Now, skill aside, Boruc is also 3 times as experienced as both Arsenal bums. I use bum lightly, Szczesny is definitely one for the future, he's our De Gea. But you don't see De Gea starting for Spain, do you? Because they have Casillas. Who's our Casillas? Boruc. It's not even a question, Boruc IS better than Szczesny. He's better one-on-one, has better reflexes, and has experience to boot. almost 300 top flight games to Szcesny's 50~. Even if you compare where he played, he's got 36 games for Fiorentina (serie a is a good league), to Szczesny's 20some run outs at Arsenal. He's also got international experience; CL, qualifiers, tournaments. He's hands down the better keeper. And, I repeat, the ONLY reason he's not playing is because Smuda threw a hissy fit. Sure, Artur could have apologized, but he won't. He's stubborn like all Polaks. On the other hand, Smuda could give up on his wounded pride too, but HE wont because he's stubborn like all Polaks. Literally anyway you slice it, he's better than both Arsenal keepers
You bring up good points, but I don't agree with the glorifying of Boruc. I do think Szczesny is better than Boruc. Agree to disagree right? :P
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

User avatar
NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5810
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:58 pm
Location: Noble Park

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:02 am

I think Szczesny will be a better keeper than Boruc eventually, and is just about better already. Boruc is a vampire and that hurt him so much in Scotland, a league pretty much at par with the Ekstraklasa. I honestly don't think that the goalkeeper selection is an issue at all for us. We could field Tyton and I would not question it. We have far more important issues right now to even worry about which of our strong keepers is between the sticks.

User avatar
Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:04 pm
Location: Hamilton, ONT Pruszkow, POL
Contact:

Post by Rafinho » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 pm

The three keepers that I would bring to Euro if the decision was made today would be:

1. Szczesny
2. Boruc
3. Fabianski
Image

User avatar
Leadcomic
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:58 pm
Location: Long Island

Post by Leadcomic » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Watching the Fior-Milan game and Borucs been immense. Making ridiculous saves by throwing his body at point blank shots.

User avatar
FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2806
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 am

Post by FearTheMullet » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Szczesny will be better than Boruc, his opportunity's are greater and he's got youth on his side. When he's 25-26, he will be an immense goal keeper. but right now, stacked head to head, he's not better. Sure we can agree to disagree, on the subjective part of this argument; me preferring boruc, and you preferring szczesny. But on the quantitative, stat's don't lie. He's just better right now. And even if we keep Wojciech our number one, to even insinuate that Fabianski is better as a backup (because letting Wojciech be number one is as much to do with stroking his ego and smuda playing favorites as it does with his ability), is ludicrous. Between Boruc and Fabianski there is a gulf in class. Wojciech is close to Artur's level, he'll surpass him, for sure. But right now Artur is better, and he's more experienced.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests