Melikson wants to play for Polska-----according to Lato

Talk about the Polish national team
kociakman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Melikson wants to play for Polska-----according to Lato

Post by kociakman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:45 pm

According to Lato who says he spoke to Maor Melikson wants to play for Poland from now on. I really think that he could play a role in strengthening our midfield, or at least we could try him out and see if he fits in.

http://sport.onet.pl/pilka-nozna/euro20 ... omosc.html

http://www.pzpn.pl/index.php/Reprezenta ... dla-Polski

I wouldn't say that this will at all happen, but at least the sources seem credible.

We'll see.

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:25 pm

When I read this today, I thought it was some sort of joke or April's fools type of deal. I then realized it isn't April and that it was posted on PZPN.pl (their official website). Unless our PZPN is looking for another embarrassing ordeal, why in the hell would they post this on their website?

From what I read: Melikson feels unappreciated in Israel, probable wouldn't start anyway and after their recent loses, Israel has no chance of qualifying for Euro 2012.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if there is any truth to all of this.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Very good news and I hope it happens :!: :!: :!:

If it does happen people can stop complaining that Wisla has no Polish players on its team :lol:

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 pm

We have enough midfielders..... seriously. Just make Melikson a CB haha
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:23 pm

no he should fuck off
koniec pzpn
polska 2014 world cup champions this time it will be different

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Hes not good enough
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pan Borkowski » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 pm

nitram wrote:Hes not good enough
He's really not. I just don't see him anywhere in our squad.

Also,we don't want to mess with our chemistry.

Lewandowski, Kuba, Obraniak, Mierzejewski have been playing well together.

polishbobo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by polishbobo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 pm

It's always useful to have good players. And seeing Maor play game-in game-out, I think he will contribute wonderfully. He's a good footballer, and I think he would work well with Obraniak. The other guys just aren't consistent enough in my opinion.
Polska appreciates

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:49 pm

What made him change his mind?
Poland will be alot harder to get on then Israel. Maybe because were guaranteed into Euros?
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pan Borkowski » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:54 pm

polishbobo wrote:It's always useful to have good players. And seeing Maor play game-in game-out, I think he will contribute wonderfully. He's a good footballer, and I think he would work well with Obraniak. The other guys just aren't consistent enough in my opinion.
Well in most cases I would agree, but I don't know if Meliksson sprechen sie Polnisch.

Lets say we have Meliksson, Perquis, Boenisch, Polanski, Obraniak all on the pitch at the same time, what language will they all communicate in?

Sometimes you just have to draw the line.. imagine if our team looked like this..

Lewandowski
Obraniak - Meliksson - Kuba
Polanski - Matuszczyk
Boenisch - Perquis - Arboleda - Piszczek

That would mean the only players on the pitch who grew up in Poland were Lewy, Kuba and Piszczek... come on now!

There's also talk that Ivo Pekalski would be called up, a Pole from Sweden.

I don't think this would be a good representation of Poland to be honest. :shock:

Do we really want to be represented as a nation who takes other national team's rejects?

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Hell, id still take Koscielny
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Pan Borkowski wrote:
polishbobo wrote:It's always useful to have good players. And seeing Maor play game-in game-out, I think he will contribute wonderfully. He's a good footballer, and I think he would work well with Obraniak. The other guys just aren't consistent enough in my opinion.
Well in most cases I would agree, but I don't know if Meliksson sprechen sie Polnisch.

Lets say we have Meliksson, Perquis, Boenisch, Polanski, Obraniak all on the pitch at the same time, what language will they all communicate in?

Sometimes you just have to draw the line.. imagine if our team looked like this..

Lewandowski
Polanski - Matuszczyk

That would mean the only players on the pitch who grew up in Poland were Lewy, Kuba and Piszczek... come on now!

I don't think this would be a good representation of Poland to be honest. :shock:

Do we really want to be represented as a nation who takes other national team's rejects?
Do we have any better options at the moment? Seriously would you prefer the NT to suck with Polish home grown players with what we have now then look for better talent abroad?

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 pm

We dont need Melikson but it wouldnt hurt to have Pekalski
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:12 pm

I would love to have Melikson.

Why not? He is better than our back-up options, and has more flair than any other player on our team.

It appears Melikson is pissed off he isn't liked in Israel...

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

PolishBeckham

Post by PolishBeckham » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Guys first of Boenisch is 100% Polish and does speak Polish!!! The only players that we have on our NT that are 30% or less Polish would be Obraniak and Perquis... Melikson's mom is a Polish Jew... and Polish Jews dont really see them self's as Polish in the first place. Ivo Pekalski would also be an awesome talent to have. The kid can also speak Polish..he is 100% Polish, just he was born in Sweden. We really dont need him in our NT. Melikson is doing the same thing as Roger and Oli did...now look at them..

PolishBeckham

Post by PolishBeckham » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Poland should be Poland..We are not Germany (getting any talent that comes our way)... we are not France (with 80% players from Africa) We are not England...and we are not USA a melting pot!!! WE ARE POLSKA!!! BIALO CZERWONI!!!!!!

Leadcomic

Post by Leadcomic » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:55 am

So what if the players come from another country, the bottom line is that they have Polish ancestry/blood. Poland had a lot of people leave to other parts of the world for centuries for a variety of reasons so its like we are reclaiming our lost citizens. I was born in the US because my parents left Poland because of Communism. If it wasn't for those fucking Soviets I might have been born and grew up in Poland. If not for world war two and Hitler Melikson's mom would have stayed in Poland and Obraniak, Koscielny, and Perquis grandparents as well. If they have the blood then you can't say we are stealing players from other countries cause if not for certain events in history they may have never been in those countries in the first place. Anyway theress no harm in having more talent in midfield, it will only increase competition which is good for all and keeps players on their toes.

polishbobo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by polishbobo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:41 am

Pan Borkowski wrote:

Lewandowski
Polanski - Matuszczyk

You're getting at a good problem. That problem is the crap-state of affairs in Polish football. We suck at raising talent, so we resort to these methods. They're wrong, but they're the only way we can have a decent squad. As for language, I am sure that all of these guys speak English, all of them. I mean hell, Russians learned English in grade school during Communist times! It's a staple of European schooling.

Second, I don't see Melikson as any, ANY different than Perquis or Obraniak. He is a Pole by descent, and he is a Jew by descent. Yes folks, it IS possible, a Polish-Jew. Should I name a couple famous ones? Well....Polanski, Janusz Morgenstern, Billy Wilder, Daniel Libeskind, and so on. Someone here wrote that (Polish) Jews don't consider themselves Polish - I don't believe that, because from my experience many Polish-Jews do indeed consider themselves Polish. They're not connected to the culture because of WWII and Antisemitic attitudes (largely a Soviet propaganda campaign that I'm sure many of your folks still believe in). So they're alienated, but still Poles.

Also, the issue of the Germans, and the French, and so on? Look, those countries are bringing players in who grew up in their country, trained in their country, and absorbed their country's culture. Poland is not doing the same thing - we'd only dream of having such programs. So don't compare Poland picking over-ripe cherries from other nations' trees to any of these countries, we don't belong there as a matter of merit! By doing that, you're misinterpreting the larger issue at hand: lack of a national academy, and lack of developed club academies.
Polska appreciates

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:41 am

This is probably just a stunt to get attention from the Israeli nt. Remember that even if he plays for us, we can't lock him down and he can still join Israel. To me, giving him game time would be a waste. I would rather try out a younger ek based player then him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

PolishBeckham

Post by PolishBeckham » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 am

nitram wrote:This is probably just a stunt to get attention from the Israeli nt. Remember that even if he plays for us, we can't lock him down and he can still join Israel. To me, giving him game time would be a waste. I would rather try out a younger ek based player then him.
you mean like Sobota??? 8)