Van Gaal for Poland!!!

Talk about the Polish national team
PolishBeckham

Van Gaal for Poland!!!

Post by PolishBeckham » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 am

Van Gaal got fired soo it's a good idea for PZPN to jump on this one!!! Sumda out Van Gaal in!!! Well...it might not happend but that'll be soo great for us! What if Sumda did get fired..who would u guys like to see as head manager next??

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:21 am

ROFL would never happen.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 am

When I heard the news the first thing I thought about is him replacing Smuda.

But then I remembered Van Gaal has failed badly at most places he's managed, especially the only NT he coached, his own country Holland.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:When I heard the news the first thing I thought about is him replacing Smuda.

But then I remembered Van Gaal has failed badly at most places he's managed, especially the only NT he coached, his own country Holland.
Actually, that'd be his only real "failure" to date (minus Bayern this season). He won 3 league titles with Ajax, a UEFA Cup, and a CL; toppled the Eredivisie hegemony by winning it with AZ Alkmar; and won the League twice with Barca twice (but his European silverware here lacked, but again, not really a "failure" campaign, at least on the domestic front), not to mention he did win the bundesliga last season too.

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 pm

We could never afford him.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Of course we could, we are not a poor country... the problem is the pzpn would never pay for him

PolishBeckham

Post by PolishBeckham » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Hetman wrote:We could never afford him.
We were paying about $2 million euro for Ben each yr u know...PZPN does have money, but true that it hurts them so they can't put more in their pockets..also Van Gaal running a Euro qualified team? He would so jump on it!

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:08 pm

IDK but if we get rid of Smuda it needs to happen quick. A year of friendlies is not a lot of meetings between a new coach and his players.

I kinda feel bad for Smuda. Has he ever been able to put out our best possible lineup. Boesnisch played twice for us then got injured, Jelen never plays, matuszczyk hasnt been playing... or do you guys blame Smuda for not being able to pick out the best lineup. Some people here like Peszko starting, others dont. Some of us want Grosicki starting when he always comes in for 20 min. And then obviously the defense situation sucks, which he still hasnt figured out.

i just feel like we havent played the same exact lineup 2 games in a row. Our D is always mix and match. Our defensive mids seem to alternate as well. and then the wingers. personally id like to see a formation where obraniak is CDM but plays a bit higher up than murawski. Then have Grosicki play on the left Wing and Kuba on the right. and if we have 5 mids then Matuszczyk Murawski in the middle, Obraniak CAM and Kuba, Grosicki wings.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Keep in mind we will have Krychowiak as well, who will be starting at Bordeaux next season as Diarra is pretty much going.

Chinorios

Post by Chinorios » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I would prefer Poland get Marcelo Bielsa, he would take the team to another level and is not expensive at all, he would pay himself. Just hard to think he would accept to go :(

Don't forget to help polish kids in www.pajacyk.pl ;)

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Methods
A fanatic of football videos that he adds to his collection, Bielsa on occasion checks pitch measurements by pacing them out before deciding on a particular formation. He allocates separate training times for different parts of his squad. Former Argentine national team captain Roberto Ayala and defender under Bielsa stated Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders. He's an innovator, and one of the people who I've learned most from during my career

Sounds like a solid coach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Bi ... rial_stats
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Bielsa is a great choice but I wonder if we have the players that could fit his style.

metro13
First Team
First Team

Post by metro13 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:23 pm

I would love this VAN GAAL is a great coach. We all know Lato is an idiot and wontmake the move. 1more thing we don't have to pay him 2 million a year. if he was offered the job for even 400,000 he should take it. money isnt the end all of everything. H e doesn't have to have a big contract all the time. IF hes a greedy S.O.B. then screw him and lets stick with the crap we have.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:12 am

It's not like 2 million is alot, especially for the PZPN.

And it's not like it's being used to invest in anything football related in Poland anyway. :lol:

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 am

I dont konw/cant confirm the amount they payed beenhakker but ive heard in a few places it was around 1-2mil (but this could all be internet rumourage) - I'm sure Van Gaal could jump on 2 million and a free ticket to Euro, but I doubt PZPN will do it. Smuda's likely to stay, and we're gonna see a polska side that struggles.

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:49 am

Chinorios wrote:I would prefer Poland get Marcelo Bielsa, he would take the team to another level and is not expensive at all, he would pay himself. Just hard to think he would accept to go :(
Bielsa sounds like a Polish name. Do you know if he any Polish roots?
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:50 am

From what I remember, PZPN was only paying a fraction of Beenhaker's wages. A sponsor, Tyskie I believe, paid for the rest.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 pm

AKsoldier wrote:
Chinorios wrote:I would prefer Poland get Marcelo Bielsa, he would take the team to another level and is not expensive at all, he would pay himself. Just hard to think he would accept to go :(
Quite possible his ancestors were from Poland/Ukraine region, but we'd be going back to the 1800's, so even if Bielsa is descendent from Polish migration, he'd have no relation with Poland and is probably so mixed that it'd wouldn't matter anyway.

Plus I'm pretty sure Bielsa is an Aragonese/Castillan or Leonese name? (Ie from Proper Spanish Spain)

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:08 pm

AKsoldier wrote:
idk guys, i think getting Bielsa is very far fetched. hes gonna go to some top team, not fucking Poland.... unless he really loves challenges and lower wages. some club team would offer him way more than pzpn would.

Radek55

Post by Radek55 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 am

we first need to start developing some good young players. those players are not yet 12 years old. our system fails from 13-18. a new head coach will not change much - there just isn't enough talent.