July 6, 2007 -Polska VS S.Korea - U-20 WC - Montreal, QC

Talk about the Polish national team
polskaforever

July 6, 2007 -Polska VS S.Korea - U-20 WC - Montreal, QC

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:04 pm

Honestly I think we ll lose this one. Im not going to fool myelf like I did today. Like all of us the Brazil game went to our heads a little too far. I think in the Brazil game the players played the way they did to prove something and showed an amazing performance (making Globisz looking good in the process)The players themselves deserve their win/effot regardless. I dont believe that the win vs Brazil got to their heads or fluke by any matter. We all know what we saw.

Going into the USA game there was obvious no preparation or adaptation (making Globisz for what he really is in my opinion which is an idiot) as it was shown in the entire match when the Americans figured out the Polish counter attacking style and Globisz had no clue. A good coach will prepare the team accordingly for the next match and fool the opposition. We fooled the Americans once and then we fooled ourselves.

It seems like we went with the same plan as in Brazil where we score first/hope to (surprisingly thats when we attacked like crazy)(same case scenario with the USA game with our only goal) and defend after taking the lead by counter attacking but there was no lead after 10 mins in the USA game so there was no plan to retake the lead nor did we hold the lead long enough to use our strategy to maximum use and frustrate them. The Americans spoiled it and thats how they figured as out.

Its going to be a difficult game against S.Korea but with the Polish NT playing like a lottery all the time (not the tournament itself) then all points lead to failure. I want them to win but...I am looking at realistic scenarios here. We have to ATTACK all the time.

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:17 pm

i havent seen the game myself yet, but if this is what happend it sounds like reverting back to bad Polish tactics.....
karmakop wrote:Another thing i realized is that our team never played the ball back to defenders to open up some space. Instead they either tried to break the defense by hogging the ball or forcing horrible passes up the field.
we did the exact opposite against brazil, pass back to the d and look for better options instead of forcing anything really. i dont know what in the Polish mentality of a player makes them think plays like this are the answer......

hopefully we can bounce back against the Koreans, but i am not expecting anything.....

the thing is our guys can play good, Brazil was no fluke we actually played as a team.....smart plays and worked for each other, i hope to see this team on Friday......

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:31 pm

the thing is our guys can play good, Brazil was no fluke we actually played as a team.....smart plays and worked for each other, i hope to see this team on Friday......
:!:

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:42 pm

polskaforever wrote:
:!:

:arrow: :idea:
"Euro 2012 will be a tournament of upsets.... I know I'm already upset about Poland"

jakub
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jakub » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:42 pm

holy shit im not liking our chances S.korean took it to brazil..it was a close game (not looking at the score) korea's goals were all scored in the final minutes....which is a good sign for us...but they also played better against usa and brazil compared to us...i will try to keep faith in polska but im really not liking our chances

FUCK if only we were not in the fuckin group of death....why couldnt we be in fuckin group A...fuck or F fuck even B would be nice....
We shall never forget; Pope John Paul II.
Impossible Is Nothing.

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:43 pm

if they wake up, i say Poland could win 2-1 in a very hard fought match...if we play like we did against USA we lose easily 3-0, if not more than that....

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:47 pm

Deyna wrote:if they wake up, i say Poland could win 2-1 in a very hard fought match...if we play like we did against USA we lose easily 3-0, if not more than that....
Our team needs to learn how to run, when a Korean went in for a challenge and lost out, he would make an effort to get back and trouble the Brazillian with the ball.... on the other hand the Polish players just fell over and let the americans run circles around them. We are a lazy ass nation
"Euro 2012 will be a tournament of upsets.... I know I'm already upset about Poland"

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 pm

I hope Poland will win! But if they play like today.... 2-0 for Korea.

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:51 pm

andyzOr wrote:I hope Poland will win! But if they play like today.... 2-0 for Korea.
I wish I was Korean, then I would get to eat dog meat... mmmmmm

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Czas Na EB wrote:
Deyna wrote:if they wake up, i say Poland could win 2-1 in a very hard fought match...if we play like we did against USA we lose easily 3-0, if not more than that....
Our team needs to learn how to run, when a Korean went in for a challenge and lost out, he would make an effort to get back and trouble the Brazillian with the ball.... on the other hand the Polish players just fell over and let the americans run circles around them. We are a lazy ass nation
true...but one thing i've seen so far in this group, is that players hardly try to kick outside the box...They should take some chances..the US did against Poland...but the Koreans, they try to get inside the net with the ball...if the whole team wakes up and we play good D, we should be able to stop them...and Poland should make more accurate passes...and yeah run...
Last edited by Deyna on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Czas Na EB wrote:
andyzOr wrote:I hope Poland will win! But if they play like today.... 2-0 for Korea.
I heard its really tasty. A friend of mine who was in Vietnam[Hes old] or something like that says you can choose what kind of dog you want to eat. Heh. Id try some if given the chance, just to try tho thats it. 8)

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:53 pm

No, if they play like today 6-0 for Korea. But they wont play like that. Its hard to repeat such an awful performance. After watching the tapes and practicing I have a feeling they will come out very strong, but like I said Korea is good so we will see just how bad we want this win.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Some polish quotes from fifa.com

Michal Globisz, Poland coach: "This result is a consequence of playing against Brazil with only ten men. We hadn't recovered from our physical exertions in that game. Because of that, my players let their heads drop after the second goal and they just couldn't give any more. At the start, we tried a zonal defence to counter the American attacks, but I changed that and put Adam Danch on Freddy Adu. It didn't work much better. The Americans have a team composed of very good players who were better than us physically, technically and tactically. And both Freddy Adu and Danny Szetela were very impressive."

(this quote doesnt look too promising against Korea with the tiredness factor either way I dont believe that it played a role anyway. We wouldnt score first if that was the case and it was just a case of the wrong strategy deployed)

Jaroslaw Fojut, Poland defender: "We made some stupid mistakes. Our communication was disastrous and it was as if each player was just doing what he felt like. Even at 4-1 we could have got back into the game, thanks to the support from the crowd, but it didn't happen."

(pretty much what the game looked like, no one supported anybody else.)

Krzysztof Krol, Poland defender: "I don't know what happened. We didn't communicate and we had trouble containing Adu. We have to forget this game. A score-line like that is embarrassing and there's no chance of us playing the same way against the Koreans."

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Post by scyzor_tay » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:00 am

I wish Cywka scored that shot that hit the post, I wish it went in. It would have changed the game alot. But it didn't happen..

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:02 am

scyzor_tay wrote:I wish Cywka scored that shot that hit the post, I wish it went in. It would have changed the game alot. But it didn't happen..
Yeah it would have made it 6-2 and then we could have kept our head up!

Polski_orzel
First Team
First Team

Post by Polski_orzel » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:47 am

Czas Na EB wrote:
And the award for the most ignorant post of 2007 goes to.............

YOU

bravo :roll:

United
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by United » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:50 am

Krol will be back which is very good overall. As for the game I would say Defend like we did vs Brazil and try to counter attack.
"'Obraniak jak marzenie. Roger błyszczał. Trzeba dalej naturalizować "

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:51 am

Polski_orzel wrote:
Czas Na EB wrote:
And the award for the most ignorant post of 2007 goes to.............

YOU

bravo :roll:
get over it

PolandWC2014

Post by PolandWC2014 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:37 am

Guys the problem was that they did what the A team did in the WC 2002 and 2006! They think that they beat a good side like Brazil with US tying with S.Korea that they could win without doing much. We Poles think that every time we beat a team like Ecuador we can beat them easy again. The US is a good team, but not that good! They could of lost to S.Korea 2-1 if that one shot just went in and didn't went off the post. I guaranty that Brazil will beat the US. I can't say that it'll be like 3-0, more like 2-1 or 3-2. Now they really have to win the game with them, so then we can get out of the group stage. I will prey as all of us should everyday.
Poland will win the cup some day!

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:39 am

PolandWC2014 wrote:Guys the problem was that they did what the A team did in the WC 2002 and 2006! They think that they beat a good side like Brazil with US tying with S.Korea that they could win without doing much.
Why do people keep saying this??? when will the excuses stop rolling in??? Our team isn't that good. Simple as that.