Polska @ Armenia (June 6) - Official Thread

Talk about the Polish national team
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Polska @ Armenia (June 6) - Official Thread

Post by legia_piotr » Tue May 15, 2007 1:47 pm

Will unlock this after the Azerbaijan game.
Last edited by legia_piotr on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:50 pm

alright, here we go... next game is on Wed.

can't wait :!: :D

I want to see the same result (win) but obviously a better overall game!!

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:00 pm

2-1

Jacek and Sagan will score. 8)

Polak_Stefan

Post by Polak_Stefan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:02 pm

It be a lot harder than last time

Sevryn45

Post by Sevryn45 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Zurawski has no form and he sux, he needs to sit this one out. Boruc needs to wake the fuck up, he nearly slept through the entire Azerbaijan game.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:47 pm

Zurawski on the bench.

anyone disagree?!

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Post by scyzor_tay » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:48 pm

So are we meeting up to watch this one? I can make this one.. not working..

someone set up a place?!

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:01 pm

legia_piotr wrote:Zurawski on the bench.

anyone disagree?!
Leo

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:04 pm

anyone disagree?!
no one on here will disagree, but its really what leo thinks that matters at the end of the day right......

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 pm

kks.1922 wrote:

anyone disagree?!
Leo
that's what I'm worried about too. ;)

but he took him off quite early - so here's hoping... :)

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:16 pm

Deyna199 wrote:

anyone disagree?!
no one on here will disagree, but its really what leo thinks that matters at the end of the day right......
If we were a "real" footy nation, Zurawski would be off the team over a year ago. Like i said way before, he's so fucking lucky that he's Polish and plays for Poland. He can't score and he's a damn striker, so what do you do??? move him to midfield... playing a player just for the sake of playing is so dumb.

I'm sorry, but the way i see it, were going to be an embarrassment in 2008... if we make it that is. Were not getting ready at all for the future. Too many old players, old players that aren't getting any better.

Swiety
First Team
First Team

Post by Swiety » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:19 pm

This will be a harder opponent in terms of football.

I mean, you can't ask for an easier opponent than Azerbaijan. They are as basic as basic gets. They are shit, and this is one of the reasosns the game ended 3-1.

However, the Wednesday match doesn't have to be a harder game. Only two things have to happen...

The team has to start playing when the whistle starts, and not stand just stand there for 20 minutes, and....

Leo has to select players who are in form, and not those he likes.

After the Azeri game I am EXTREMELY dissapointed in Leo's selection. I thought he would never make the same mistakes as Janas. But here we go again.

I am also dissapointed in Zurawski. What he has done in the past for Celtic, he is now doing for Poland, ie. playing like a ciota.

And unfortunately the same thing can be said about Boruc. He is obviously already on holidays, but he should be professional enough to realise that if he can't be shagged, he shouldn't stand between the posts in a match like this.

So yeah, Armenia is a bit better. Hopefully we can raise our game accordingly.

metro13
First Team
First Team

Post by metro13 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:20 pm

kks.1922 wrote:
Deyna199 wrote:

anyone disagree?!
If we were a "real" footy nation, Zurawski would be off the team over a year ago. Like i said way before, he's so fucking lucky that he's Polish and plays for Poland. He can't score and he's a damn striker, so what do you do??? move him to midfield... playing a player just for the sake of playing is so dumb.

I'm sorry, but the way i see it, were going to be an embarrassment in 2008... if we make it that is. Were not getting ready at all for the future. Too many old players, old players that aren't getting any better.
if we were are real footy nation zurawski would be off the team. first what u mean a real footy nation we are thats not true by any means. England are a real footy team right WAYNE ROONEY HASNT SCORED A GOAL FOR ENGLAND IN A COMPETITIVE GAME SINCE EURO04 HES ALWAYS A STARTER HE DIDNT PLAY AGAINST BRAZIL HE WAS OFF TEAM BC HES SUSPENDED FOR ESTONIA GAME. FRANK LAMPARD SUCKS ALSO HE ALWAYS PLAYS 90 FOR ENGLAND. SO UR COMMENT IS VERY FALSE

metro13
First Team
First Team

Post by metro13 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:22 pm

can someone tell me why armenia is tougher then azerbaijan i dont agree . who cares if we beat them 1-0 after beating azerbaijan 5-0. we won 1-0 bc our team looked very disintrested after zurawski scored it had nothing to do with them being better then azerbaijan .

Deyna199
First Team
First Team

Post by Deyna199 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 pm

kks.1922 wrote:
Deyna199 wrote:

anyone disagree?!

hey at least beenhakker took him off, that was a step in the right direction in my mind.....i thought this would never happen considering all the preferential treatment he has gotten as captain from beensy....

Swiety
First Team
First Team

Post by Swiety » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm hoping it's not a case of Zurawski havng to retire beore Leo stops picking him, but that's what it looks like.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:30 pm

Something tells me that Leo only bases his line-up on how guys play in practice the few days before the match, which is probably why Zurawski always plays because in practice they don't go as hard as a regular game and Zuraw is prolly one of the most talented players on the team. That also explains Rasiak's start because how the fuck could he get on the lineup after playing one game for southampton in the past 2 months... Or he played those guys knowing the Azeri team is shit and wanted them to get some real play time so they would be ready for Armenia, whether they are starters or not.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Let's face it... Zurawski started because he is our captain. That's why I am a proponent of having 1 official captain and 1 co-captain (Bak, Zewlakow) :idea:

I think (hope) Leo will be smart enough to sit Zuraw on Wed.

Swiety
First Team
First Team

Post by Swiety » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:34 pm

Nah, it just seems Leo is making the same stupid mistakes as Janas and Engel.

All these guys fielded players who they liked, because they fit their concept.

What they didn't realise was that their concept wasn't working, because their star players were out of form.

Fuck. :roll:

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Swiety wrote:Nah, it just seems Leo is making the same stupid mistakes as Janas and Engel.

All these guys fielded players who they liked, because they fit their concept.

What they didn't realise is that their concept isn't working, because their star players are out of form.

Fuck. :roll:
I guess we'll be able to tell once we see the starting XI for Wed's game. I really think the reason Leo picked Zuraw is a combination of our viewpoints... first, he fits the "team concept" as you said... second, he is our captain and only an injury should rule out our captain, or whatever reasoning Leo uses.

I don't know... the whole "concept" would be good if Zurawski was playing regularly and was in form. I mean, that role was sort of created for Zurawski, but if he is as shit as he was vs. Azerb., Leo needs to rethink his tactics.